News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for suechru

Member Name: suechru
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27
 Mar 28 2011, 09:55:14 PM
MDQ is dirt cheap to run, that's why it's still open. It's been showing up midweek on TDF for the past few weeks though, so maybe they're getting desperate.

La Cage probably won't last until the summer at this rate, which is a shame since it's a wonderful show.

Any Word on PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE?
 Mar 27 2011, 03:36:13 PM
Awesome! I didn't know that before, thanks for the info!
 Mar 27 2011, 03:07:37 PM
Where were they selling $10 tickets?
It Did Not Take Them Long
 Mar 27 2011, 03:00:35 PM
Jordan is 100% right - there are ways to see shows (and a lot of shows) if you're willing to stand, brave lines, try lotteries and do research into discount codes/TDF/etc. I see what can be considered a lot of shows (although probably not on this board) and the most I've paid for ANY ticket in the last two years was $55 for The Book of Mormon. Is it cheap? No, I don't consider $30-$45 (which is about what I spend per ticket) as nothing and I can't do that as often as I'd like but I can pre
What's a good play for someone who sees more musicals to see right now?
 Mar 27 2011, 02:23:48 PM
Wow, thanks for the suggestions!

War Horse, Good People and Peter and the Starcatchers are now high on my list. I'm willing to give Arcadia/Stoppard a shot but I feel like I need to see something else first before I try it.

The Official BABY, IT'S YOU Thread
 Mar 27 2011, 04:21:36 AM
Wait, a sign comes down? Like a little sign pops down on stage that says "Six months later" "One year later"? Seriously??? That's just... cartoonish.

So the question is, is this so bad it's good?

Talking Discount Flyers From People In Time Square
 Mar 27 2011, 04:15:19 AM
Jordan, I wish someone would pass that message along to the comedy show guys. The broadway flyer people seem to understand headphones on + walking at a fast around tourists means a local who knows where she's going and doesn't want to be harassed. In my experience they're actually the most respectful of all the groups scouring for tourists in that area. I've never had anyone doing flyers for a broadway show shove anything in my face or call after me/harass me as I walk away like the comedy s
What's a good play for someone who sees more musicals to see right now?
 Mar 27 2011, 04:05:53 AM
I feel like I don't know much about plays. My thing is mostly musicals (as I write this I'm listening to the OBCR of Sunday in the Park with George). I don't mind plays but I don't have a lot of experience with them - I've actually only seen one on broadway so far. (Jason Miller who wrote That Championship Season went to my undergrad so having also been educated by "the Jesuits" I felt it compelled to see this out of loyalty.)

I'm hearing some really wonderful things both here and

Mar 27 2011, 03:26:07 AM
Has anyone tried to get hiptix to this yet?

Edit: Also is anyone planning to go to the first preview on April 1st? I'm dying to find out some more about this show.

Fierstein and Sieber
 Mar 25 2011, 11:57:19 PM
Front mezz is a great view for this show. I ended up getting row C in the center via TDF and it was a perfect view.
Rush/Lotto help for next week!!
 Mar 25 2011, 11:44:51 PM
I can't say for certain if American Idiot is still doing lotto loser but it should be relatively easy to get a rush or discount ticket to that until Billy Joe Armstrong returns - at the very least you can get a ticket at the TKTS booth.

Wonderland really has either no or negative buzz and is still in previews so this should also be pretty easy to get a rush ticket. You might even be able to get one pretty late in the day considering what the word of mouth has been on this.

2011 best musical nominees
 Mar 25 2011, 08:31:00 PM
I think the real wildcard is the People in the Picture - just because there's been so little known about that show.

I agree that Catch Me and Book of Mormon are definites. I have a strong suspicion anything without an original score is going to have a hard time getting a nod for best musical this year. Also, like several posters upthread, I think the voters are sick of jukebox musicals as well so a good jukebox musical will probably only get nominated if a lot of the original score s

Forum @ PaperMill on NJArtsTix
 Mar 20 2011, 12:46:10 PM
Papermill really makes some stupid management decisions sometimes. It's kind of maddening really.
The Official BABY, IT'S YOU Thread
 Mar 20 2011, 12:35:19 PM
The ads for this strike me as a female Jersey Boys too. I'm actually expecting this to be one of the shows lost in the shuffle this spring (along with The People in the Picture). I'm not saying that this won't be a good show when it opens but it's late date and lack of buzz this season is going to hurt it, at least initially. Who knows though, this could feature some great performance or get really good reviews and end up getting some Tony nods that might help things out.
2011 best musical nominees
 Mar 20 2011, 12:13:15 PM
The Book of Mormon - which I will be shocked if it's NOT nominated.
Anyone going to see Wonderland this week?
 Mar 20 2011, 12:12:31 PM
I'm going on Wednesday since I got a ticket through TDF. I don't have much in the way of expectations for this show. Part of me hopes it's good (and I can thus enjoy it) and part of me hopes its a hot mess (so I can say I've seen it.) Either way, it'll be an experience.
HipTix Question
 Mar 20 2011, 12:07:32 PM
I've considered doing that but it's at least an hour for me to get into the city so ordering over the phone is easier most of the time. Although I might do that for the next roundabout show I see.
Changing seats during intermission?
 Mar 20 2011, 12:05:29 PM
I've been really lucky so far that I've never had a horrible view but I've never done rush/SRO (I live out in NJ so I like having tickets ahead of time before I deal with the train.)

I usher at a regional theater and for the most part, ushers really don't care but it's better if you ask. I've had patrons ask me at the beginning of the show (ie, pre-curtain) if they could move at intermission or stand in the back (The latter is usually people who have health problems). As long as so

HipTix Question
 Mar 20 2011, 11:57:19 AM
I reserved my hiptix for Anything Goes and they're apparently being held at the box office - I'm surprised about the mailing since I assumed hiptix generally worked like TDF where you get your tickets at the box office. Maybe it depends on when you reserve and when the performance IS for mailing?

BOOK OF MORMON seating
 Mar 18 2011, 10:10:55 PM
I sat on the extreme right of row F in the mezzanine and had no problems at all, great view.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You