News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sally

Sally Profile Photo
Member Name: Sally
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LOVE NEVER DIES eyeing Broadway; Completely new ending?  Mar 15 2014, 07:00:45 PM
Don't assume nobody likes this show. Besides its fans who have have loved it from the beginning---probably not a large number---there are a lot of people, mostly young and female but not entirely so---who have seen the DVD and are thrilled to pieces that LND is supposed to be coming to Broadway.
Are there enough of them out there to float a show's boat (along with regular theater-goers) to float the show's boat?

We might find out.

LOVE NEVER DIES eyeing Broadway; Completely new ending?  Mar 15 2014, 01:52:23 AM
QUOTE: "Some things just aren't meant to be. Love Never Dies is one of them."

--------------------------------------------------------------

That says it most succinctly.

The Phantom of the Opera US Tour  Dec 4 2013, 07:10:21 AM
I would be interested in hearing what someone familiar with the original production thinks of the changes (I know from past posts what Scorp thinks)---but also the opinions of the "uninitiated."

Ashleybrod, if you can see it on Broadway, that's the first choice, but a lot of people in the UK liked the tour--why not have a look?

ALW's The Wizard of Oz broadway  Oct 5 2013, 02:39:18 PM
I saw the show in London and found it quite enjoyable--definitely not a "theme park, bubble gum, hybrid mess."

I didn't get a lump in my throat when Dorothy left her friends, but I definitely did get a throat lump in the last scene when Dorothy is back in Kansas, alone in her room, and a cabinet door is rocked open and she sees....something reminiscent of the iconic spotlight-on-the-Phantom-mask at the end of Phantom of the Opera---only very appropriate for the Wizard of Oz. We are le

Phantom and live singing  Jun 12 2013, 06:04:10 AM
Some people don't like Dale Kristien's voice, but she certainly could rock those high notes.
I think she was Crawford's favorite Christine. Long after Phantom, she appeared with him pretty much any time he did concerts in the US.

LND Back to London Next Year  Mar 19 2013, 05:24:46 AM
I don't think that there is anything they can do to instill the "magic" that the original show had in more than just a moment or two--- from the first Preview on. LND has been done and redone and re-staged and revised. The Aussies improved the staging a lot and the story a little, but trying to inject a magic moment or two just isn't going to work.
Love Never Dies Broadway bound still?  Dec 10 2012, 02:26:49 PM
When the Danish production of LND opened in October, a RUG official attending was asked if they could expect to see it elsewhere. Patrick Murphy, the RUG official, said,

"I hope so.
We're planning a production in the UK, we're talking to an American producer, and we're expecting a production in Germany in the next 18 months to two years."

Fans of the show took the mention of talks with an American producer to mean that LND was going to Broadway.
Nothing more has been

Love Never Dies  Oct 24 2012, 03:47:09 PM
This post is on a LND facebook fan page:

"Breaking news Paul Murphy from RUG confirms negotiations are underway with an American producer and a German production will also take place within 18 months!!!!"
--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no link or other attribution. There is a Patrick Murphy at RUG but no Paul Murphy.

So, will LND finally make it to Broadway?

just back from LOVE NEVER DIES - Loved it  Mar 1 2012, 03:23:08 AM
She looked him up after the events of POTO just before her wedding to Raoul. She said she was torn by her choice, but as soon as he laid a finger on her, she was a goner and they fell into each other's arms. Passion ensued.
Phantom tour set  Sep 27 2011, 02:18:13 AM
Yes, the last US tour ended in Los Angeles in, I believe, October of 2010. Speculation was that the very things described---the two crews and so on---had gotten too expensive.

The last comment in a long article about Phantom of the Opera and the tours, Tim Martin Gleason, the last tour Phantom said,

"One thing is certain, “You will never see this replication of the Broadway show ever again.”

I think he meant that whenever a tour is again mounted, it will not be a repl

The Wizard of Oz tour is back for another year?  Sep 26 2011, 05:14:15 AM
I'm an American, saw it, and it was not at all off-putting for me---but although I've read the books and, of course, seen the movie, I wouldn't say The Wizard of Oz is close to my heart.

Broadway does seem to hate Webber.

OK, which Webber show would stand the better chance of some kind of success on Broadway, Love Never Dies or The Wizard of Oz?

Love Never Dies to Open on Broadway 2012?  Sep 21 2011, 07:25:00 PM
Maybe it's legit, then.
It's kind of generic, though. The same date is given for the Previews as for the Opening, and no theater is mentioned.

Love Never Dies to Open on Broadway 2012?  Sep 21 2011, 10:35:45 AM
Is this a new listing? Is there any way to tell?
PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER  Sep 10 2011, 03:19:03 PM
--Just wanted to clarify, I was partially brain-dead when I posted but not spamming
PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER  Sep 10 2011, 02:06:23 PM

PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER  Sep 10 2011, 01:39:06 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trolling. There is a DVD called "The Phantom of the Opera UNMASKED" that I've seen advertised that is not, I believe, authorized. I don't know any more about it than that.

Because the original link to Play.com stopped working, I thought the DVD on this page was the unauthorized one, but it is obvious now that it is official RUG.

PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER  Sep 8 2011, 07:56:55 PM
Sorry to be "coy," but I heard from a source that this DVD is not approved by RUG and will probably be withdrawn. RUG will have a DVD.
PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER  Sep 5 2011, 05:10:15 PM
The link does not take us to anywhere the DVD could be ordered.
The Phantom Of The Opera: Unmasked  Sep 3 2011, 06:14:19 AM
Region 2 only.
Phantom on Broadway  Aug 19 2011, 03:22:45 AM
---About Phantom, the former tours have all closed. A new tour is projected for the UK and probably the US, but it will be a different production and will not have the same costumes, staging, and so on.

It will "follow the template of Mackintosh's recent newly designed and rethought revival of Les Miserables."

SO---from now on, New York and London will be the only places where the original production can be seen (and Las Vegas, sort of).

I don't know if this informat

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You