News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jaso_n

Member Name: jaso_n
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sean Hayes talks about Promises, Promises  Mar 8 2010, 09:43:06 PM
Whoa, haven't heard from him in years.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold  May 17 2008, 11:53:44 PM
Hey you guys, I just wanted to thank you for making this thread so freaking huge. I'm not sure if it's officially the biggest thread on B'way World, but I'm sure it's one of the biggest.

Going against the grain is a whole lot of fun, isn't it?!

Favorite Moments  May 17 2008, 11:48:23 PM
"* Deven May's last "for me" in Apology to A Cow -- BAT BOY "

I concur.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold  May 14 2008, 12:24:54 AM
You're an empty shell of a human being if you don't tear up just a little when you hear "Part of Your World". I'm sorry, there's no exceptions.
re: Actor injured this afternoon in Little Mermaid  May 14 2008, 12:22:53 AM
That's terrible.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Nov 19 2007, 11:03:15 PM
Jersey Boys needs to be canceled, like, tomorrow. Seriously. When I saw them on Dick Clark's New Years Eve thing, I thought maybe they were off considering the venue. Then when I saw them on the Emmy's...no. Just...no. I don't get it, and more importantly, it's not to be gotten. They can't sing.
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.  Jun 10 2007, 10:58:53 PM
NOOOOOO!!!
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.  Jun 10 2007, 10:21:36 PM
Word.
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.  Jun 10 2007, 10:00:08 PM
Audra McDonald looks like the biggest tranny who ever tranny'd.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Jun 10 2007, 09:56:08 PM
High Fidelity wasn't that bad.
re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.  Jun 10 2007, 09:43:37 PM
Raul's performance was strong, but you can drive a truck through his vibrato. That's one thing I've never liked about his voice.
re: Holiday VS Hudson  Jan 6 2007, 02:57:32 AM
Holliday. This is...kind of a bad question. Hudson, while incredible, did a great reading of Jennifer Holliday's original performance.
re: RENT the movie: One Year Later? Your thoughts...  Dec 31 2006, 02:46:11 PM
There are too many people talking about how RENT was flawed and all that. Can someone tell me why? Using filmic terms, if possible? I thought the movie was great.

Honestly, I don't think it would've worked had it been sung most of the way through. That would've grated on peoples' nerves. You guys have to remember that most of us in this country have never seen a Broadway musical before in our lives and a lot of us have never seen a musical period. You have to toe the line.

Per

re: Legally Blonde Fear  Dec 31 2006, 12:33:01 PM
While I agree with you Jason, I think that the trendy musicals you see popping up is a result of Broadway becoming more and more about money and less about artistic relevance. That's why I hate that shows cost millions of dollars to bring to Broadway. There needs to be more of an in-between for these "cute" musicals like The Wedding Singer and Legally Blonde where people don't invest a gazillion dollars into a musical that really isn't going to knock anyone's socks off (except the tweens, maybe)
Is it harder for men or women to break into MT?  Dec 30 2006, 03:09:59 AM
I'd like to know if it's harder for men or women to break into musical theater? Or is it equally hard?

Theater History Question  Dec 22 2006, 09:32:47 PM
When performers would sing in old Broadway musicals (before all of the modern technology we have now) did they use microphones? How did they project their voices throughout a huge theater?
re: Latoya London heading to Broadway???  Jul 20 2006, 09:01:18 AM
What I find funny about that article is that they got Nikko to take her place. That must be that guy's place in life...to fill in for other people. Remember he did that Mario Vasquez on AI 4.
Steve Balsamo  Jul 20 2006, 08:57:42 AM
Thoughts? Comments? What is he up to now?

There's a vid on YouTube of him performing "Gethsemane" that's...wow. Pretty moving.

re: show for a 13 yr old boy with Dad  Jul 16 2006, 01:43:17 AM
The Wedding Singer. NY is about fun, Broadway is about fun. Don't try to make him think too much. He has the rest of his life for that.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Jul 13 2006, 12:26:04 AM
Here's a new Unpopular Opinion: I HATE Color Purple.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You