News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Leonardo2

Member Name: Leonardo2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aladdin Reviews
 Nov 25 2013, 05:12:28 AM
I saw the show on opening night and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. One word I'd use to describe it is "cheap" - cheap design, cheap jokes. The only 'wow' moment was when the carpet was revealed but I found even that scene was completely ruined when they brought in the ensemble for extra (cheap)effects. It could have been a beautiful, intimate scene but they effed it up.

The book needs to be burned. Earlier posts were completely right - the boy band trio was likeable bu

Dear God, They Wanted Lea Michele For EVITA
 Dec 14 2012, 07:25:45 PM
Even with Ricky still in it, sales have been plummeting. I don't think it would have survived regardless who took over.

@Kelly2 Same thing with Karimloo. The article stated that producers decided against casting the pair but from what I've heard it was the two actors that turned down the offers.

GLEE ratings
 Oct 4 2011, 05:11:11 AM
I'm so glad this thread exists.

When the Glee pilot aired, I thought it was the funniest thing on television (even though it was a musical re-hash of Ryan Murphy's previous WB show, Popular). It was a total, politically INcorrect, over-the-top farce. It's been downhill ever since. It really went into the crapper when it started becoming 'serious' and self-important, taking the things about characters we were laughing at and turning them into serious issues. Murphy's spat with Kings of

Who's going to see PHANTOM 25th in theaters today?
 Oct 3 2011, 01:27:52 AM
The chandelier was the one from the film. Because of time constraints and the nature of the venue (RAH being a historical building... not sure it's official designation) raising and dropping it was impossible.

Brightman DID lip synch the high not. There was an issue with the click track at one of the performances. Oops.

Update on Houdini Musical
 Jul 4 2011, 11:38:27 AM
Interestingly, I found a job posting online for the production company that is producing the Evita revival. The company description, dated last month, says "In addition, the company has announced its production of an original Broadway musical based on the life of Houdini, with a creative team that includes Jack O'Brien (director), Stephen Schwartz (composer) and Glenn Slater (lyricist)."
 Jul 4 2011, 11:09:46 AM
So does that mean the Houdini musical isn't happening? Or are they looking for a new composer?
 Jul 4 2011, 04:45:43 AM
Jackman said a few days ago that Wolverine starts shooting in October. Reports say the new director James Mangold. Les Mis is supposed to start shooting shortly after Jackman's done with Wolverine (early 2012)

Jul 3 2011, 12:40:40 PM
Well, Elfman did make comments that he was finding the process of writing for a musical very difficult. Perhaps he backed out or was replaced.

Jackman has 3 films in pre-production right now and is also attached to a new film version of Carousel and a new movie musical based on the life of PT Barnum (apparently not adapted from the stage musical 'Barnum') with Anne Hathaway. One of these may be going into production in late 2012. Beyond that he's rumoured to be attached to a few other

Jul 3 2011, 03:58:22 AM
With Jackman now doing the Les Mis movie as well as Wolverine and Sorkin with his new tv show, is Houdini still moving ahead? Jackman's also been attached to the Big Fish musical, which seems to be more of a certainty than Houdini. Anyone know the latest?
Love Never Dies Does. At Last!
 Jun 18 2011, 04:10:02 PM
The last word was (and its hard to really say if it was the 'last word' because of all the rumours going around) that the Melbourne production is going to tour Australasia, a new production based on Melbourne's will open on Broadway and once that's up and running, re-open in London (whether as a tour or a new sit-down, I'm not sure). But first, now that they have the LOOK they want, they'll be doing some work to the script. Again, that's just from an article from a few weeks ago so not sure if t
LOVE NEVER DIES NY Transfer?
 May 21 2011, 04:45:29 PM
I'm sure there'll be a Broadway announcement once the Melbourne production is officially opened. I agree with the poster above... it should run a couple months in Toronto first and then transfer to Broadway. Ramin and Sierra certainly have first dibs but its up to them whether or not they take the roles again.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You