News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for briefrecounter

Member Name: briefrecounter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jerusalem seating caveat
 Apr 10 2011, 09:38:03 PM
While I enjoyed the production, I suggest anyone averse to cigarette/theatrical smoke or drops of water landing in their lap avoid the first few rows in the theatre.
Best 3 - Worst 3
 Apr 4 2011, 09:55:02 PM
MOST MEMORABLE (all Original Broadway Productions)

Dreamgirls
Les Miserables
Rent

MOST PAINFUL (all Original Broadway Productions)

Cry baby
Xanadu
Addams Family

I feel compelled to mention BLACK WATCH, although it isn't a musical per se. Personally the most sublime, artistic, and transcendental theatrical experience to date.

PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first previe
 Apr 4 2011, 12:40:42 PM
I agree with ghostlight2 - I believe the harsh reactions are unwarranted given that it is in its first week of previews. Sure it needs work, but I personally found the second act emotionally moving, and it could be made powerful by greater Raisel/Red relationship development in the first act. I say, more Red please! (a phrase I usually reserve for cocktail parties). Yes, lose the Dybbuk (although I found it rather amusing, albeit too long), give Red - and the rest of the cast for that matter -
Book of Mormon Song List
 Apr 4 2011, 12:03:25 PM
Thanks to all for your input. Nothing wrong with an occasional well-placed f-bomb (who isn't culpable of that?!). I'm sure my 16 year old will love it.
Book of Mormon Song List
 Apr 4 2011, 12:00:08 AM
Planning on seeing this with my 16 year old daughter but am having second thoughts after reading this thread. Too over the top raunchy, even for a snarky city kid? Thoughts?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You