News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jamesilsley

Member Name: Jamesilsley
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mistakes on cast albums
 Aug 29 2019, 12:30:47 AM

inception said: "I was listening to the City of Angels cast album for the first time, and in one song someone says "There wasn't a dry seat in the house," when I think the proper phrase would be "dry eye." It isn't a show I ever saw, so don't know if the line was a mistake or on purpose, but it sounds like instead of saying everyone was crying, that everyone was urinating."

Bless your heart.  Bless it all, sweet summer child. 

The Last 5 Years - important request for singers and actors
 May 26 2019, 06:18:06 PM
This is the only acceptable one I have seen:
https://btracks.com/product/the-schmuel-song/

Preview of it: https://youtu.be/Wb4mVuMuhZA

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews
 Aug 16 2017, 01:12:54 PM

My TodayTix rush seat was at the very back mezz center. Still a great seat. 

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews
 Aug 5 2017, 11:35:31 AM

I did for first preview. Very back row center mezz. In that theatre, they were perfect. The, however, was not. 

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
 Jul 8 2016, 09:39:00 PM

From a pretty reliable source: Nick Jonas is Link Larkin

Who made the most of their 4 minutes?
 Jun 13 2016, 10:34:03 AM

At first, I thought Hamilton basically excluding all of their nominees was odd. Then I realized what they were doing. They are playing the long game- The leads are all on their way out, and I am guessing their marketing team realized that there is a risk of people thinking the show has less juice once the original cast is gone. By doing Yorktown they rebranded the sensation as "no no no- it is not the stars, it is the show that is the thing that is hot" By rebranding, they are hopin

Something Rotten digital lottery
 Jun 2 2016, 12:00:14 PM

You are actually MUCH better off entering, losing and taking the 49 dollar consultation prize offer. I won the lottery and was in the very front row. Very close to the action but you miss the magic of all the dance- especially the tap numbers. You only see knees up. The 49 dollar offer they send when you lose are generally in the center of the mezz and are PERFECT for that show.  After seeing it from the front, I went back the next day to see the show from the mezz and enjoyed it much mo

Show references in SomethingRotten!
 Feb 7 2016, 11:18:37 AM

No. It is considered satire/parody which falls under the distinction of fair use. 

http://corporate.findlaw.com/intellectual-property/parody-fair-use-or-copyright-infringement.html

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Rush Seat Location
 Nov 22 2015, 11:55:30 AM

Rushed once in October. Everyone in the rush line was seated in the boxes. As soon as the lights went down literally everyone in the boxes on our side moved themselves into the nearly empty mezz

Has anyone been involved in an amateur production of '9 to 5'?
 Jul 20 2015, 02:17:31 PM

I am currently directing a production. Yes, it is the US Tour script and score. Yes the projections come with the rights. They send along a DVD with the video files and also a audio only alternative. Although lots of people talk about cutting them, they are in the script so are legally required unless you get written permission from the rights holders as that would be considered a 'cut'. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Does Betty Buckley sign Carrie the Musical memorabilia?
 Jul 9 2013, 02:14:11 PM
Ms. Buckley signed my original Carrie window card. It is one of my favorite possessions.
Next to Normal--Diana and Dan's ages?
 Apr 22 2013, 05:15:15 PM
Right - that was changed for a more glaring age problem- if he died sixteen years ago and was 18 months old at the time, then how is Natalie (who was born to help them forget...) 16.

She would have had to be (doing the math... 16 years ago plus 18 months old plus 9 months of gestation.... carry the one.... ) she would be at least 18 and three months old assuming that Diana got pregnant literally right after he died. That's why they had to change it.

Carrie 1988 Merchandise
 Dec 11 2012, 07:52:39 PM
I have the original window card signed by Ms. Buckley in silver sharpie. My most prized possession

Rocky Horror on Broadway
 Aug 28 2012, 10:43:01 AM
My favorite part of the European production- all the aliens are blond and the humans have dark hair. As the show progresses and Janet "gives herself over to absolute pleasure" her hair starts getting streaks of blonde. I love little touches like that. (and the Rocky birthing scene is the best I have seen)
Rocky Horror on Broadway
 Aug 27 2012, 03:05:26 PM
I am currently in the middle of a run as Frank in Raleigh, NC. It has been amazing how the "blue hair" crowd has embraced the audience participation. Every performance there are 60-70 year olds calling Brad an asshole. I guess if you think about it the original debuted over 35 years ago when those people were in their 20-30s.

Also- I never thought the show could play in anything but a small house until I saw the last European Tour. It was a very different interpretation but really showed the flexibility as long as the concept was sound (not to mention they have the best Riff Raff I have ever heard):
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB546E02A7176F669&feature=mh_lolz

WONDERLAND Revival to Play the Palace Theatre in Fall 2012
 Apr 1 2012, 10:45:01 AM
Check your calendar.
Carrie Destruction
 Mar 5 2012, 06:43:36 PM
EXACTLY. There needs to be a very uncomfortable silence where we see her sopping wet. Let her process the humiliation. Let the kids go "Omg" THEN let it unfold.
Carrie Destruction
 Mar 5 2012, 04:20:03 PM
I don't even need to see the blood fall on her to make me happy. I just think there could be a way to quick change her while hidden so that the destruction is done with the soaked looking hair and dress. She just looks too clean to be humiliated enough to do what she is doing.
Carrie Destruction
 Mar 5 2012, 04:16:46 PM
Don't assume that the "joined" date always indicates how long a person has been here. I am sorry that it upset you so.

YouTube YouTube YouTube

Carrie Destruction
 Mar 5 2012, 03:21:02 PM
Did not know that. It just seems, especially with the little break where Sue talks to Miss Gardner, they could have employed a little creative staging to get her ready for her blood bath, i dunno... in time for when the blood is poured on her head?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You