News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatricality

Theatricality Profile Photo
Member Name: Theatricality
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why do critics hate Frank Wildhorn?
 Nov 22 2018, 03:00:11 AM

adamgreer said: "He works with awful lyricists. Read the lyrics to “Murder, Murder”, the act 2 opener from Jekyll and Hyde to get a sense of just how bad they can be. A sampling:

“They murdered dear old Bessy, I hear extremely messy.”

“Poor old Archie is no more! They say there’s lots of blood and gore.”

“No matter who we’re blaming, til they put what’s his name in there’s gonna be one

Why do critics hate Frank Wildhorn?
 Nov 21 2018, 05:05:52 PM
I’m a very big Frank Wildhorn fan, I think it’s a shame that critics won’t even give him a chance at this point. Some of his newer shows are beautiful and are finding great success in Japan and Korea.
Betty Buckley
 Jun 28 2018, 06:15:33 PM

BwayJudd said: "You were correct about Utica!

https://twitter.com/benmdennis/status/1012346951424249857?s=21
"

It feels good to be right! Haha. I didn’t know officially but I had a really good feeling. I’ll be there the first night. Can’t wait!

Betty Buckley
 Jun 24 2018, 06:28:18 PM
Utica, NY has a “secret show” being announced next month as a part of their 2018-2019 season. I would not be surprised one bit if Dolly will be teching here before it’s opening.
So, tell us about yourself.
 Jun 19 2018, 08:57:37 PM

Ghost Quartet to return off-broadway this October
 Oct 11 2017, 02:22:01 PM

Got very lucky around 12:45 today and got a reserved seat. Was hoping for a floor seat but I’m still happy regardless now that I get to see this show. How does reserved seating work? I’m not familiar with the venue and didn’t see a seat number on the confirmation email. 

Also, does anyone know how long the show is? I can’t see any info about the duration on the NYTW website. Is it safe to presume the standard 2 hours and 45 minutes with a 15 minute int

Lover Never Dies Tour
 Sep 28 2017, 03:56:47 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Did they change the ending like Andrew said he was considering? Where Christine lives?"

No, the original ending hasn’t changed. Christine still (spoiler alert— is this even a spoiler anymore?) dies at the gunshot from Meg. Actually the way it was staged, it almost seemed as if Meg was unapologetic about it. The original cast recording has Meg yelling “I didn’t mean to!” and I don’t think she said that when the

Lover Never Dies Tour
 Sep 28 2017, 01:56:42 PM

I got to see the (technically) first performance last weekend when Love Never Dies opened with performances in Utica, NY. I’ve loved this show since the beginning in London and I fell in love even more with this tour. It’s almost identical to the Australian production with a couple minor changes to the set and some changes to “The Beauty Underneath” and the scene where everyone is chasing after Gustave. The first night had a lot of technical difficulties. Immediat

Gender Bender: Roles played by men and women
 Sep 14 2017, 04:17:13 PM

I believe the current off-Broadway production of Sweeney Todd has a woman as Pirelli 

The Great Comet appreciation thread
 Aug 31 2017, 12:49:18 PM

What does your name mean?
 Jul 20 2017, 03:37:04 PM

Theatricality - noun- 1. The quality of being exaggerated and excessively dramatic (me). 2. The quality of relating to acting or the theater (what I love).

I figured that word would be a good fit for my username.

Outside of the message boards
 Jul 18 2017, 05:57:49 PM

Utica, NY

MISS SAIGON Broadway Revival Cast Recording
 Jun 26 2017, 10:56:32 AM

I'm glad Katie Rose Clarke was given the role of Ellen and that Tamsin Carroll didn't transfer to Broadway. Going off vocals alone, I thought Tamsin was horrible. I saw Saigon opening night on Broadway and thought Katie singing Maybe was amazing. For that reason alone I'd like to hear a Broadway revival recording. But, like everyone else has already said, the principles transferred to Broadway and it would honestly make no sense to record the show again. 

Victor Victoria and the Tonys
 Jun 19 2017, 03:07:12 PM

Great Comet closing in January?
 Jun 14 2017, 09:35:44 AM

Valentina3 said: "Not gonna lie - I'd love to see Rihanna in the role, even if she does a bit poppy renditions of the aria."

Delete your account.

If You Could Guarantee One Win...
 Jun 9 2017, 10:26:48 AM

and Dave Malloy is almost guaranteed one of his three Tony nominations. 

If You Could Guarantee One Win...
 Jun 9 2017, 10:25:16 AM

Great Comet for Lighting Design and Scenic Design.

Favorite Foreign Language Cast Recording
 Jun 2 2017, 10:37:57 PM

I'm so happy someone made a thread about this!

i listen to foreign musical theatre cast albums all the time. There are so many beautiful musicals that haven't had an English language premiere. It's great to know I'm not the only one who listens to them!

Some of my personal favorites:

Elisabeth, 2001 Essen and 2012 Vienna

Romeo et Juliette, 2010 Paris

Rudolf Affaire Mayerling, 2009 Vienna

My ALL TIME fav

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 May 23 2017, 12:40:22 PM

This show is teching in my hometown of Utica, NY at the Stanley Theatre with 4 performances at the end of September 2017

Glenn Close Sunset Stage Door this weekend??
 May 22 2017, 09:46:16 AM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You