News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrefan18

Member Name: theatrefan18
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Mar 10 2024, 11:47:59 PM

I saw the matinee today and really enjoyed it.  In reading this thread, I thought that the  people who attended the first preview were pretty harsh on the show.  I know it's a chat board and everyone has an opinion, but some of these seem very mean spirited.  Almost like they hope it fails.  As a theatre lover, I am always rooting for a hit or at least a fun time.  I had a fun time, especially in the first act.  I thought the lead Grant Gustin was g

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Mar 9 2024, 06:12:16 PM

Was anyone else there at today's matinee?  Liev Schreiber came on and started the show which is a monologue to the congregation.  After a couple of minutes he said "excuse me ladies and gentlemen but I need a minute" and left the stage.  The house lights came up and they first announced there would be a slight delay and then a few minutes later they announced that Liev was sick and the understudy would go on in 10 minutes.

I got a refund at the box off

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 28 2024, 10:33:42 PM

I agree with the last post.  I saw the show with my daughter a couple of weeks ago when Mendez was out.  We are big broadway fans and have seem many shows. We saw Lindsay in Wicked as well as other shows.  Her understudy was fine, but we both kept thinking how great she would have been in the role.  
If we had known in advance, we would have picked another sate..  But we did not ask for a refund because we were there already and my daughter was leaving town

Memphis the most underrated musical ever!  Jan 28 2023, 09:40:28 PM

I loved Memphis and saw it a couple of times with Adam Pascal who could sing the role much better than Chad.  I found it moving and liked the music a lot.

I know this is a chat board for people's opinions but I don't understand why there are so many negative responses to a post that is saying something postive about a show.  Considering we are all supposed to be theatre lovers, it is still suprising to me that so many on this board are snarky and negative.  Is it

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2022 COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 26 2022, 12:01:34 AM

I have been going to the flea market for many years.  It was fine today, but I thought it was odd that the music man table didn't have any merchandise from the show.  I was there until about 12:30.  Did they put anything out later on?  I did see the signed jackets but not signed playbills or posters..  I see that Sutton Foster was there for a time.  Did she take photos with fans?

Thanks for any intel.

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:55:04 PM

How come Abby Mueller was not in the SIX performance?

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:22:44 PM

Why is the camera work so bad.  We keep seeing people's heads and shots from weird angles.  Side shots and that crazy close up during A Strange Loop.  Just show us the performances from the front of the stage please.

Hadestown Understudies  May 18 2022, 11:09:36 PM

Everyone was in tonight!  I almost forgot how great Patrick Page was since I haven't seen it for so long.  And seeing Andre was a real treat.  Go see if before he leaves if you can.

Hadestown Understudies  May 17 2022, 10:03:28 PM

does anyone know if Andre will be back tomorrow night(Wed).  The only reason I got tickets was to see him again before he leaves.  If not, do you think I can get a refund?  Thank you

AMERICAN BUFFALO Reviews  Apr 25 2022, 02:54:57 PM

I saw the matinee yesterday and didn't realize that Fishburne was going to be out.  I should have gotten a refund but figured I would give it a shot with Ray Anthony Thomas.  He had to call for a line twice at the beginning of the first act.  It was weird because all of a sudden he said 'line' and someone who appeared to be in the front row gave him the line.  Then a few sentences later he asked for a line again.  I have been going to the theatre for 45 ye

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 1 2022, 08:22:30 PM

I just bought tickets for the matinee for Company tomorrow and now I see that Pattie is out tonight.  Telecharge customer service closes at 8pm.  Does anyone know if I will be able to get a refund if I call tomorrow morning?  I really want to see Pattie and assume that if she is out tonight, she will probably miss tomorrow as well.  I appreciate any info you can provide.  Thank you.

tina question  Aug 17 2021, 07:48:50 PM

Does anyone know which performances Adrienne Warren in not doing and when her alternate goes on?

Thanks!

Red Bucket Follies Today  Dec 9 2019, 10:54:29 PM

I was there today.  Running time a little under 2 hours.  It will go longer tomorrow because they pick the winners and give the presentations. Seth was great as always.  His deconstructions are a highlight every year.  Don't miss the opening number.  It was my favorite.  I was been going to this for over 20 years but I didn't think this was one of the better ones.  My highlights:

Andre De Shields doing the moment of silence

The Great So

kristin chenoweth seating  Nov 12 2019, 04:08:17 PM

Is the first row of the Nedelander Theatre too close for her show?  Is the stage high?

Also, does anyone know if and when the premium pricing goes back to normal pricing if they aren't sold?

It seems like there are a lot of $249 premium seats still available and the regular price is $167.

Thanks.

how do you get an audition for the prom movie?  Jun 25 2019, 08:52:12 PM

She does not have an agent or manager yet.  Thank you all for your responses.

how do you get an audition for the prom movie?  Jun 25 2019, 12:55:16 PM

My daughter is very interested in auditioning for the role of Emma in the Prom movie.  The press release says they are doing a nationwide search.  Does anyone have an idea how she would find out more information on auditioning for the role? I appreciate any feedback.  Thank you. 

https://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/meryl-streep-james-corden-ariana-grande-the-prom_89134.html

featured actors pay  May 19 2019, 11:39:22 PM

I was wondering what featured actors in plays and musicals make on bway.  I think the equity minimum is around $2,000 a week, but I am curious if it is much higher for features- do they make $5-10K a week.  Obviously it would depend if they are a draw, but in most cases I would think that featured performers are not well known outside the bway community.  For example, what do you think the featured performers in Dear Evan Hansen or Kiss Me Kate make.  
Thanks in

Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman  Jan 18 2019, 10:11:32 PM

does anyone know how long Adam will be in the roll on bway?

Thank you.

NY Times review: A CHORUS LINE  Nov 17 2018, 08:41:32 PM

I saw the matinee today.  I rarely post but this production was so good that I wanted to share my experience.  Robyn Hurder was probably the best Cassie I have ever seen and I saw the original production several times.  I missed Donna Mackechnie but saw Ann Reinking, Vicki Frederick, Sandahl Bergman and many others from that era.  I love Charlotte D'Ambroise but she didn't have the voice that Robyn had.  And Robyn's dancing was amazing.  I though

54 below-ain't misbehavin  Sep 10 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Did anyone see the ain't misbehavin reunion show at 54 below on Sunday.  Ken Page, Andre DeShields and Charlane Woodard were supposed to perform.  I was out of town and couldn't attend but I am curious about it.  Thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You