News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Movidude742

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Member Name: Movidude742
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How is Adam Pascal in Something Rotten  Dec 12 2016, 02:14:06 PM

I think he is a pretty decent Shakespeare but I am not a fan of his choices as Toby.  

He is easily my least favorite of the 4 Shakespeares I have seen (I include Eric Sciotto who played the role the month between Chase and Pascal) but still overall some reasonably high marks.

HE just seems to be playing a role where the Borle and Sciotto inhabited the role (and Chase to a slightly lesser extent)

Beauty and the Beast  Nov 7 2016, 10:37:11 AM

I don't get the distain at this.  Why would anyone be surprised if the child of an inventor in that era also dabbled.  Even if he makes music boxes, she would be familiar with clockwork devices.  when I was a kid I helped my dad build model railroads and even in first grade or so was pretty handy and anticipating whet he needed next.

The one thing that concerns me is rumors that Gaston is more of a Tenor.  I can't imagine the role without a healthy dollo

1 Sunday in the Park tix for tonight 6p  Oct 24 2016, 04:43:37 PM

If it isn't taken I am interested.

It is not letting me PM you tho, wanting me to register, when I already am, so maybe try toPM me if still available

August Wilson Theater  Oct 24 2016, 03:12:51 PM

and the ANTA before that

Christain Borle's Last SR Show  Jul 19 2016, 09:34:27 AM

there were little things throughout.

John started to tear up during to your own self be true.  Got a big hug from one of the ensemble

HE and Heidi were a little teary during right hand man reprise

Christian's last flourish in the tap battle was a little longer (tho I am glad that Rob went back to the single tap in reply)

Also Christian worked in a star wars reference as he was losing it in Hard to be the bard, telling the quill that it was his only hope.

Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 15 2016, 04:20:17 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Where is the line really being drawn on these boards beyond the protocol that was promulgated after Muringate? If personal interests are being prioritized over users' right to free speech, I will seriously have to question whether I want to be part of this online community going forward."

That is probably fine.  I mean this is a forum owned by Broadway World and first amendment doesn't really a

Disaster's Last Show  May 9 2016, 10:06:24 PM

tourists don't usually know there is a theater below 42nd St (or east of Times Square for that matter)

Seating for TUCK - Urgent!  May 7 2016, 05:16:23 PM

I don't think the stage is that high, but if it is, they certainly do have booster seats

Actors who were fired from/left roles  Apr 21 2016, 01:52:16 PM

Right after the Tony performance when Amy Spanger either quit or was fired from Rock of Ages. I don't know which and won't speculate.

All I know is that she stepped out of the show for vocal rest right after the Tonys, and a few weeks later I woke to a playbill article that she was rejoining the show that night, and by the time I got home from work the same article was there but edited to say that she was leaving the show permanently.

Whatever happened she was at th

1776 Previews Tonight  Apr 3 2016, 12:23:13 PM

RippedMan said: "Who sings "Mamma Look Sharp" in this?"

John-Michael Lyles

And I have to wonder if the multi racial casting and modern dress were perhaps both inspired by this number

Lyles is African-American and his costume as the courier was camo pants, and a dark hoodie.

Just imagine a Black youth in a hoodie singing that song, about a mother looking for her son who was shot dead in the village square.  Powerful imagery that too

Fiddler on the roof film better than the broadway show?  Feb 20 2016, 09:57:51 PM

GavestonPS said: "devonian.t said: "A mini-digression: I think the best film adaptation of a musical was done by Milos Forman with 'Hair'....

I can't rate Hair too highly as a great adaptation . . . they changed way too much

Claude is from Flushing, and Berger (Burger?) is not the one who gets shipped out. just for starters.

I am more forgiving of resequencing some scene

Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!  Feb 18 2016, 02:35:08 PM

I haven't noticed her but I do see the old guy frequently.

I went to the first preview of the recent Jekyll and Hyde revival and he was out asking, and I just told him they were selling tix at the rush or lottery price even then just before the show

To his credit on that day, he shut up and went and got a $20 ticket or whatever the deal was.

every other time he just creeped me out

Where to buy Playbill Binders? (besides playbill.com)  Jan 4 2016, 05:03:19 AM

It is not a guarantee but keep an eye out the last hour of the Broadway Flea MArket

Last year I came upon a table that had 3 older playbill binders full of old magazines that were all they had left and sold me for a buck each.  

I don't know that the playbills in there were of any interest to me and I will probably put them out on a table next year, but 3 of the old brown binders for 3 bucks cannot be beat

Is James Barbour really that good in PHANTOM?  Jan 4 2016, 04:59:35 AM

AHLiebross said: "Just to set the record straight, to be a rapist, there has to be penetration. Other types of sexual activity are not rape. James Barbour has not been accused of rape."

any sexual contact is rape if one party says no, and legally a 15 year old is incapable of saying yes to a 34 year old.

What decade are you living in?

My Fair Lady's dilemma  Jan 4 2016, 04:54:22 AM

adamgreer said: "How have more people not mentioned "Losing My Mind" in this thread? That's pretty much the gold standard for this type of song as far as I'm concerned  

Nothing in Hamilton, Satisfied or otherwise, comes close to what Sondheim accomplished in that song."

Did you opt to not read the thread because that was mentioned more than once in the (only) 3 pages so far.

I wonder if the people who are not attached to the number are mostly ones who have not seen it live.  There is a literal rewind where they re-enact the scene where they met, but from her perspective and not Alexander's.  That visual certainly heightened the connection to what was going on, at least for me and some others that I have discussed this with after the show.  I do not usually connect to choreography but this show is so enhanced by the dance and movement that I cannot imagine it without.  

Oh and one other fudging of the history is that when Alexander entered into the lives of Eliza and Angelica, she was already married to John Church.  That said, the lyric Angelica sings that if Eliza loved her she would share him is based on a letter Angelica did write to her sister.  Angelica told Elizabeth that she loved Hamilton "very much and, if you were as generous as the old Romans, you would lend him to me for a little while."   http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/hamilton/peopleevents/p_e_hamilton.html

Is James Barbour really that good in PHANTOM?  Jan 2 2016, 03:56:07 AM

AHLiebross said: "His performance is amazing. He's also gracious to his fans and works hard for BC/EFA. For those talking about the "creepiness factor," it's time the public forgave him for a long-ago offense for which he has atoned.

Last I checked I was part of the public, and I sure as hell have not.  

Audrey Liebross

"

Songs That Sound Exactly the Same  Dec 12 2015, 03:27:47 PM

There is a line from Kindergarten Boyfriend in Heathers that is uncomfortably and Old Red Hills of Home in Parade

compare the melody for the line  

I go to fight for these old hills behind me
These Old Red Hills of Home

and

Last night I dreamed a horse with wings
Flew down into my home room

School of Rock Previews  Nov 22 2015, 02:43:18 PM

The stage is not high at all, and I have never had so much leg room in a first row, ever.  

The only knock I will say is when the student's desks are out, even front row on the aisle becomes partially blocked.  But really I am not going to complain too much for $25

I love Sierra, but I am going to picture Mamie in the role when I think about it.

Why do people hate Finding Neverland  Oct 28 2015, 09:53:40 PM

I didn't hate it, but I didn't particularly like it either.

I felt the score didn't fit the show.  It wasn't like Spring Awakening where there is a contemporary score in a period piece, because they abandoned that for some more traditional seeming numbers . . . and I didn't recall a single melody once it was over.  I felt that Morrison was miscast, and I was a little offended when he ripped open his shirt, a move that was just so out of character for the hi

Worst cast album  Oct 21 2015, 09:47:19 AM

metropolis10111 said: "I'd like to add the Actor's Fund recording of HAIR. If ever an album was lifeless it's that one. Everyone is phoning in the movie arrangements 

"Not the movie arrangements.  Seth Rudetsky arranged them around the performers, see Shoshanna Bean and her whistle tone, etc.  also after doing the concert, theyonly had a take or two to record them, and Rudetsky couldn't be there for all of it, so sometimes t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You