News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for metropolis93fan

Member Name: metropolis93fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Joe Brooks' METROPOLIS
 Feb 15 2015, 01:14:10 PM
PS: I am the youngest in the pink dress and long hair. If you search YouTube you'll find several versions... including scenes from the original. I have the 2002 edits but am not allowed to share them. Sorry.
re: Joe Brooks' METROPOLIS
 Feb 15 2015, 01:10:39 PM
Okay. Here' the scoop. Supposedly the rights to the show are locked up, something Brooks did before he committed suicide because he couldn't face jail for multiple rapes. HOWEVER I WILL say my previous director of the musical (he has no time for me to give his name out) has looked into it briefly and believes with the right leverage he could get the rights to the show. It's not in his doing right now, but there were multiple creators... Dusty Hughs, one other person.... it's not solely his.
METROPOLIS by Joe Brooks
 Jan 29 2013, 02:59:29 PM
If anyone is interested, the Eastlight Theatre 1993 American production of Metropolis (in East Peoria, IL, directed by Eddie Urish) is now up on YouTube in whole. Below are the links to both acts. There are also links up for the 95 El Paso production in whole, and a few scenes (with horrible footage and some garbled sound from the 1990 El Paso production). Ours (Eastlight's) has some differences that I think really mellow out the musical... and I think make it more entertaining and watchable. The 95 version is a lot more like what would have been done in London. Please leave feedback here or there!

Eastlight Act 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drFQ33ZFzeg&feature=youtu.be

Eastlight Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP-OFF5JdNk&feature=youtu.be

METROPOLIS by Joe Brooks
 Jul 4 2012, 08:26:28 PM
How did you get the rights to the show since Brooks' death? I thought the show was off limits! I so wish I could come. Not in the cards financially (from IL) nor able to get out of more work (in hospital on sudden extended sick leave). I would like to email you. How do I do so?
METROPOLIS by Joe Brooks
 Mar 1 2012, 01:44:41 PM
Oooh got it now :) That has to be interesting listening!
METROPOLIS by Joe Brooks
 Mar 1 2012, 01:21:00 PM
The original Maria was Judy Kuhn.

Any news on the rights to the show?

re: Metropolis by Joe Brooks
 Aug 25 2011, 12:03:54 PM
I agree it could use some help from the book... especially the love triangle between Rotwang/Warner and Freeman/Frederson. Joe had worked out a little of that in the addition he made to Metropolis. He cleaned it up, added some musical numbers and tried to explain things, but did it totally wrong from the original story. I would love to work on that even though that probably wouldn't be allowed, heh.
 Aug 25 2011, 10:17:41 AM
I too would love to know where the rights lie to the musical. I know for a fact that with the right director the show can be a fantastic hit... Have seen it done twice: Eddie Urish in East Peoria, IL in '93 and Randy Bowser in Salem, OR in'02. I would love to see it done again... would love to even have a hand in it (directing-wise... been in the '93 production) Have researched the play, movie and novel, written research papers, and have listened to the soundtrack more times than I can count...
 Jun 19 2011, 07:05:30 PM
This musical has the possibility of being SO amazing. A comeback would be the best thing to happen to theater, in my opinion. Unfortunately with the whole disarray with Brooks' suicide and all problems related it isn't likely to happen. But I've BEEN IN the show when it was amazing. The American premier of it. 1993. I was merely seven but I've invested a lot of time and effort into studying the show. I've seen clips of the '89 version and yeah... it's no wonder it was a flop. But it has so much
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You