News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Morales2

Morales2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Morales2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best site to buy cheap
 Jul 11 2018, 12:03:38 PM

I like to use broadwaybox.com.  They have all the codes for all discounts on that website.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 May 1 2018, 12:53:34 AM

This was in fantastic shape for a first preview.  Seemed like they were months into their run.  Jim Parsons was incredible.  Robin De Jesus will have you screaming with laughter one minute and sniffling with tears the next.  Cast all around was excellent.  There was a slip in the playbill tonight that the running time was 100 minutes.  Show started maybe around 5 minutes late and I was exciting the theatre at 10:05 so I think the show is actually 2 hours exactly.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 Apr 30 2018, 03:12:20 AM

I'll be there as well.  Very much looking forward to it.

Ariana Debose using a cane
 Apr 30 2018, 03:00:35 AM

I saw the matinee of Summer yesterday afternoon and Ariana Debose was using a cane for most of the show.  Does anyone know what happened to her?  I don't think it was supposed to be part of the show.

Sheryl Lee Ralph in Dreamgirls
 Mar 28 2018, 02:29:51 PM

Thank you very much for the information Malinda5000.  Much appreciated.

Sheryl Lee Ralph in Dreamgirls
 Mar 27 2018, 03:07:51 PM

I was able to find out that Jennifer Holiday's last performance in Dreamgirls was on 12/4/82.  I have looked all over to see when Sheryl Lee Ralph's last performance was and I can't find this information anywhere.  I once saw in an interview that she said she did over 1000 performances but I can't find the exact date.  Does anyone know the day of her last performance in the original production of Dreamgirls?

Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
 Feb 5 2018, 09:38:50 AM

imeldasturn said: "Here there is an audio clip of Terri singing Rainbow High

http://through-my-memoirs.tumblr.com/post/145218652178/terri-klausner-patti-lupones-alternate-sings
"

Thank you so much for the audio.  She was fantastic.

Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
 Feb 2 2018, 04:06:17 PM

I've been looking for a video or an audio of Terri Klausner in Evita.  Does anyone have a link?

Levels in the Chat Boards
 Jan 24 2018, 05:36:39 PM

Perfect.  Thank you very much.

Levels in the Chat Boards
 Jan 24 2018, 05:29:23 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.  I was wondering if anyone knows the order of the levels for posters in the Chat Boards.  For example, I am currently a swing and posters I see all the time are Broadway Legends.  What is the order for these levels and how does one rise in the ranks?

Santino Fontana will play the lead in Tootsie the Musical
 Jan 24 2018, 04:43:45 PM

Tootsie is one of my favorite movies.  I'm very excited about this becoming a musical.   I think Santino is perfect casting for Michael Dorsey/Dorothy Michaels.  

Thoughts?

For Dollypop and other DOLLY fans
 Oct 5 2017, 01:32:27 PM

I'm more of a lurker and never really post anything on the boards.  But I just had to say thank you so much for sharing this story.  It really made my day and I completely agree with everything you said.

Do You Remember Your First Time?
 Jun 30 2017, 05:34:26 PM

My first professional theatre experience was 85/86 and it was a national tour of A Chorus Line.  I found out years later that this was the tour that Donna Mckechnie was in.  I got to see the original Cassie.  The first broadway production was in Feb of 88 and it was the original production of Les Mis about a year into the run. I saw Randy Graff, the original Fantine.  An addiction was born.

Bette Midler/ Hello Dolly Stage Door
 Apr 25 2017, 04:51:55 PM

Nycat63 said: "Morales2 said: "I was there for the April 13th performance.  Before she came out the security guard made an announcement of "No Selfies!".  She came out in a little bit and went around the barricades and shook everyone's hand that was in the first layer of people.  She got in her car and left.  

Just curious- Can you take pics as long as you don't stop her to ask for a selfie? Or do they a

Bette Midler/ Hello Dolly Stage Door
 Apr 25 2017, 01:17:31 PM

I was there for the April 13th performance.  Before she came out the security guard made an announcement of "No Selfies!".  She came out in a little bit and went around the barricades and shook everyone's hand that was in the first layer of people.  She got in her car and left.  

11 show's, 7 Days
 Apr 17 2017, 01:16:11 PM

Just wanted to post my thoughts on the show's I saw during my recent trip.

Friday, April 7th, 8pm

Come From Away:

This was the last show I bought because I was in between a few shows.  It was probably one of my favorites.  I was most pleasantly surprised by this show.  Just makes you feel good.  Very engaging.  Go see it.

Saturday, April 8th, 2pm

Sunset Boulevard

I was lucky enough to see Glenn

re: best/most powerful finales of a show
 Mar 29 2017, 02:05:15 PM

One finale that has always stayed with me was the original production of Sunset Boulevard.  When Norma sings "With One Look, I'll be Meeeeeee!!!!"  and the image of a young Norma is projected on to her face and expands into the size of a movie screen.  Saw that about 23 years ago and it has never left me.

I know, I know. Another help me pick a show thread!!!
 Mar 28 2017, 01:38:43 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.  I was leaning more towards Amelie but I ended up buying a ticket for Come From Away.  I've just heard really good things.

I know, I know. Another help me pick a show thread!!!
 Mar 28 2017, 10:33:14 AM

Sorry to do this to you guys.  I rarely post anything on these boards but I check them everyday.  I always see these help me pick my show threads and you all probabaly tired of them.  I'm going to NYC for 8 days in a couple of weeks.  I have 10 show slots and have bought 9 shows.  I have my last slot to pick.  I'm really torn on what the last slot should go to.  So far I have tickets for:

Sunset Boulevard

Miss Saigon

Your First Broadway Show
 Jul 18 2016, 11:39:38 AM

My first Broadway show I saw on Broadway was the original Les Miserables in 1988. It was about a year after it opened.  I had strep throat and my parents said I didn't make a peep.  I was memorized.  An obsession started that day.

The first Broadway show I ever saw on stage was a Chorus Line when it was on tour in 1985.  Donna Mckechnie was in that tour.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You