News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JayKurnitz

JayKurnitz Profile Photo
Member Name: JayKurnitz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thoughts & Positive Vibes for Jane Lynch
 Jul 14 2013, 09:40:36 PM
For the love of god, it's just a thread. Is this thread really taking up so much space in your BroadwayWorld universe that you have to insult someone who had sincere, positive intentions? Get over yourself. Learn what's important.

Definitely feeling for Jane this weekend. But those of us who have been in the community know that nothing can make you feel more loved and comforted than the theatre community. She's in good hands today.

The Official TONY Awards Thread
 Jun 9 2013, 10:12:08 PM
Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Hal Prince just introduced the longest running show in Broadway history and then they get up there and lip sync? What a joke.
 Jun 9 2013, 10:04:29 PM
Dramamama, how exactly do you know that? Are you stage managing the show?
 Jun 9 2013, 10:02:04 PM
How f**king stupid do you have to be to not go to the microphone that the presenters just announced your win at?

Jun 9 2013, 09:22:12 PM
FYI - Mitchell's boyfriend is Rich Schroeder (sp?) from Naked Boys Singing.
 Jun 9 2013, 09:03:18 PM
I'm sorry, wait a minute - that was Mitchell's boyfriend? Really disappoints me in him, although I'm not really one of those that believes in "age ain't nothing but a number". Never in my life have I seen a relationship with that large of an age difference end well. Not once.
KINKY BOOTS to win the Tony over MATILDA?
 Jun 9 2013, 04:43:10 PM
Kelly2 is completely right. As a performer, I would be highly offended that someone made an opinion (even if it was in my favor) about my performance that I have constructed for the STAGE by watching a bootleg video recording. Videos/B-rolls can help someone decide if a show looks at all appealing to them, but to say that someone should or shouldn't win an award based on a video you saw? That's irresponsible as a theatre supporter and makes your opinion laughable.
What was the reception like to
 Jun 9 2013, 02:45:08 PM
HeyMrMusic -

An Emmy award does not make a TV movie good by default. There are plenty of really horrible actors and and things on TV that have also won Emmy Awards.

Edit: It won an Emmy for art direction - hardly an accomplishment for the movie as a whole.

What was the reception like to
 Jun 9 2013, 02:18:14 PM
I don't mean to thread-jack my own thread, but why exactly was this show considered a revival when it hasn't been on Broadway ever? Is it because the music has been around for awhile? If that it is in fact the case, under that argument every jukebox musical could be considered a revival, right? Or am I missing something obvious?
What are you all doing for Tony night?
 Jun 9 2013, 01:52:49 PM
I'll be taking an Ambien or two around 9pm. That way I won't be too upset if Kinky Boots loses, or I'll be incredibly happy and relaxed when they come out on top. It's a win/win situation for me.
What was the reception like to "Cinderella" with Whitney Houston/Brandi?
 Jun 9 2013, 01:49:34 PM
I was really young with this movie came out, and while I enjoyed it (and still do), I don't remember hearing too much about it or what people felt about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts and feelings about it.

Edit: apologies for using the word "it" way too many times.

SMASH
 May 4 2013, 08:57:00 PM
To Kyle!

Gotta say, loved that zinger Karen got in for next weeks preview:

Ivy: See you on the red carpet!
Karen: Yeah, if you make it there.

Boom! Roasted.

Remembering Kyle
 May 4 2013, 08:49:51 PM
I hear they originally had a flashback of Kyle giving Tom a b**wjob while he helped Kyle rework the ending of Act 1, but due to time...

SMASH
 May 4 2013, 08:46:39 PM
Phyllis-

I was JUST mentioning that exact thought to my partner. Apparently it wasn't enough that they had to steal the whole workshop storyline - they had to go for the real life (and for many people still incredibly painful) storyline. Very frustrating.

Shoshana Bean's new single 'Runnin' Out of Days'
 Nov 20 2012, 09:22:05 AM
I have been a Shoshana fan for quite some time, and am loving her new single that she released on iTunes today. She is SO in her element when she is throwing back to the 50s-60s era. Quite a departure from her last album 'Superhero'. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.
Les Mis Cast in Vogue US
 Nov 12 2012, 10:41:20 AM
I get more and more excited about this film everyday. Can't wait. Thank you for sharing.
Principal Understudies going on for Opening Night
 Nov 12 2012, 10:29:57 AM
Oh, and not to mention - Ms. Winfrey would have lost her damn mind had her star not been on stage that night. We all saw the wrath that Fantasia suffered (although the situation was much different).

I will say, I saw The Color Purple twice when I lived in NY. Both times, Kenita Miller was on. Not sure what it is about that role that causes Celie to be out so much.

Principal Understudies going on for Opening Night
 Nov 12 2012, 10:25:35 AM
LaChanze was absolutely on for opening night. Tony rules state that eligibility for a Best Performance nomination is determined by the opening night Playbill, in addition to the standard eligibility rules. And LaChanze wasn't only nominated for her Tony - she won that year, in what many consider an upset as Patti LuPone was the favorite amongst many for her performance in Sweeney Todd.
Has anyone heckled during a show?
 Sep 12 2012, 07:01:22 PM
I seem to remember Patti Lupone telling a story (possibly in her book) about her run in Master Class. Apparently, a man stood up midway through the show and began yelling, "THIS PLAY IS S**T! THIS PLAY IS S**T! F**K YOU, TERRANCE MCNALLY!".
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/15/12
 Jul 16 2012, 03:31:25 PM
This is the first time I've ever seen WICKED overthrown for the top spot!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You