pixeltracker

What are you all doing for Tony night?

What are you all doing for Tony night?

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#1What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 3:45pm

Since most of us aren't lucky enough to be sitting in Radio City Music Hall tomorrow, does anyone have any fun Tony-watching plans? One of my best friends and I are having a girls' night. Since I'm a pianist and she's an actress, we will probably run through some music, and then make pizza and watch the show. Nothing exciting, but it's fun to have a fellow theater lover to watch with!

broadway guy
#2What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 3:49pm

I will be watching alone cause i don't have any friends..

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 3:53pm

I have a show and no internet access (at my theatre)! So I'll be avoiding the internet like the plague until I can watch it on DVR the next day.

Updated On: 6/8/13 at 03:53 PM

#3What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 3:54pm

anyone know of places to go???

except 54Below cuz that's crazy expensive...

gchris11
#4What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 3:58pm

we will be at 54 Below.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 4:37pm

Watching them alone this year. With my cat, iced tea, and iPhone to get live results. Yay.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#6What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 4:45pm

By myself with pizza and alcohol. I might even dress up for the hell of it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#7What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 4:51pm

Watching them with my two daughter's and wife. Don't know why it started but the ladies make Mexican food the night of the Tony's the last four years and I enjoy it with a few Dos Exus and Corona's - lol. My oldest daughter did the Time Square thing a few years ago when she did a summer internship with Broadway Dance Center.

Updated On: 6/8/13 at 04:51 PM

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#8What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 4:55pm

I'm going! It will be my first time attending - I usually have a Tony-watching party with a bunch of friends.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 5:18pm

Have to work until about 8:30 and then watching them in the Tony/Time Out Lounge at New World Stages.

Just give the world Love.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 5:28pm

Other places hosting a Tony Party

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#11What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 5:47pm

A group of friends get together order pizza and watch. Been doing this for 5 years now, yeah I know we are a classy bunch.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

KathyNYC2
#12What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 5:59pm

I will be home alone for the Tony's...which is kind of what I prefer so I can scream and yell at the TV and not make a fool of myself (well I am probably making a fool of myself regardless but at least no one can see me)!

However, I just found out that I now have a ticket to the Tony dress rehearsal tomorrow morning..so that's where I will be in the AM. That should be fun...and I am excited.

Updated On: 6/8/13 at 05:59 PM

Liza's Headband
#13What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 6:01pm

Will be there. 7 years in a row and counting.. Can't wait!

Plum
#14What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 6:02pm

Watching alone in my hotel room while chatting online with friends. Good times. :P

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#15What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 6:10pm

I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#16What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 6:12pm

At work, not watching. We have no TV in the newsroom... I'll DVR it and will probably get around to watching it on Tuesday.

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#17What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 7:05pm

I will listening to this year's cast recordings(the ones that are available) while I clean the house in the morning. Later on I will order a couple of pizzas, printing out ballots and wathing the show with my husband and some friends. Its a lot of fun!!!

TheFirst5Years
#18What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 7:32pm

I have been lucky enough to score a spot as a set filler for this years ceremony. Picked up my tuxedo a few hours ago and am counting the hours until I'm to report to Radio City. This has seemed like the LONGEST week ever. LOL

jackieoh Profile Photo
jackieoh
#19What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 8:55pm

I'm planning to curl up with my kitties and some quinoa and get overly-emotional every time someone I like wins. I always get such a warm and fuzzy feeling come Tony time. I can't wait!

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#20What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 10:46pm

Me and the husband, parked in front of the TV, with a lot of wine.
Singing and dancing if the results call for it!

somethingbypuccini 2 Profile Photo
somethingbypuccini 2
#21What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 10:47pm

I wanted to go to 54 Below, but it turns out I'm not in the city this weekend. So it's me in my hotel room with a bottle of wine!

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
#22What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 10:51pm

I'll be at 54 Below.

Dollypop
#23What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 11:47pm

Was planning a quiet night by myself but I got an invitation from a friend in the business to join him and his family for dinner and watching the show with them in their apartment. Should be fun.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24What are you all doing for Tony night?
Posted: 6/8/13 at 11:56pm

^ Boyd Gaines?