News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bernadettelupone17

bernadettelupone17 Profile Photo
Member Name: bernadettelupone17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best Performance You've Seen?
 Jul 23 2013, 06:35:26 PM
Beth Leavel in The Drowsy Chaperone.
Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens. I will never forget the last few moments of that show.

"Bunheads" Officially Cancelled
 Jul 22 2013, 06:41:21 PM
As upsetting it is to see any actor out of work, I have my fingers crossed that she will soon find her way back to the broadway stage.
Patina Miller, Matthew James Thomas, Terrence Mann & More Confirmed for PIPPIN on Broadway- Full Cast Announced!
 Feb 4 2013, 11:45:33 PM
PIPPIN has always been, in my mind, a show with an absolutely charming score but a terrible bore (and odd) of a script. Last time I saw a production I promised myself I would never see another production and just stick with listening to the OCR. I think I'll be making an exception just for this stellar cast...
Most beautiful/perfect singing voices
 Jan 17 2012, 10:07:00 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Liz Callaway. Her performance of Meadowlark is absolutely stunning. To me, she has the most perfect voice and the most perfect way of interpreting a song.
Your Most Hated Musical
 Nov 13 2011, 10:25:36 PM
I have to say that my most hated musical would be Starmites. It has the most awful book of a musical that has ever been written. All I can remember about the show is some comic book comes to life and the pet lizard turns out to be the evil Shak Graa (That is seriously the plot). I have see many bad shows but none can even compare to Starmites. I also thought Working was awful.
Just Saw The Memphis Tour
 Oct 16 2011, 09:12:28 PM
I would like to say that I have been living in NY for the past 5 years, and I have managed to see almost every show except for Memphis. I had seen all of the flak that it was receiving on these boards so I had always decided to skip it. I've been in Memphis for the past few days to visit some old friends. They decided to surprise me with tickets to Memphis. Today I saw the show and absolutely loved it! Everything was beautiful about the production. The lighting, the choreography, the acting, the
WHO ARE your fab four divas of Broadway?
 Sep 6 2011, 08:54:24 PM
Patti LuPone
Bernadette Peters
Elaine Stritch
Ethel Merman

'You Have to Be There' as slaughtered by Susan Boyle.
 Sep 1 2011, 11:15:12 PM
Alice Ripley performed this song on her duet cd. Surprisingly, it is absolutely breathtaking. Changing subjects: isn't it time Kristina is brought to broadway? It's one of favorite pieces of theatre, and it is completely stunning.
Earthquake
 Aug 23 2011, 05:35:46 PM
You all should have seen the Merman play the New Madrid Fault Line back in '52. I still tremble just thinking about it.
A voice you would go hear even if the show was horrible..
 Aug 18 2011, 08:59:06 PM
Patti LuPone
Brian Stokes Mitchell (He has the voice of God)
Elaine Stritch
Lea Salonga

Unpopular opinions you hold
 Jul 24 2011, 11:47:06 PM
Here's another unpopular opinion of mine: I loved Barbra Streisand in Hello, Dolly!
 Jul 24 2011, 09:10:55 PM
As much as I try to hate it, I absolutely love Jekyll & Hyde. I'm not a huge Wildhorn fan, but I love this musical. Except for when David Hasselhoff was Jekyll. The Hoff could ruin any piece of theatre!
Best National Touring Company
 Jul 23 2011, 01:20:56 AM
The national touring cast of Next to Normal. They bring a completely different view to the show and each performance is incredibly unique. I love how they don't try to copy the OBC like most touring companies do.
 Jul 23 2011, 01:18:20 AM
-I love Sondheim, but I find Company to be an awful and dull show. I also find the second act of Sunday in the Park a bore.
-I liked the revival of You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
-I think Wicked is terribly overrated
-I thought the touring cast of Next to Normal was better than the OBC.
-I really don't think that Stephen Schwartz is a good composer.

Baker's Wife
 Jul 19 2011, 09:02:00 PM
To MattBrain: The writing and the structure of the show is pretty weak. The focus shifts constantly. It's kind of like Women on The Verge of A Nervous Breakdown, but Women was pretty enjoyable.
Casting Gone Wrong
 Jul 19 2011, 07:15:33 PM
I completely agree with you! When I saw it this past December, I felt like everyone was really in-tune with their character except for Sherie. It felt odd.
Casting Gone Wrong
 Jul 19 2011, 07:05:40 PM
I want to hear some thoughts on who people they think were wrongly cast. I personally think Sutton Foster was wrongly cast as Reno. I think she's an amazing actress and she does a great job in the role, but I just feel like she didn't play Reno in a seductive way that Reno is supposed to be played in. Who else?
Baker's Wife
 Jul 19 2011, 07:00:23 PM
Patti LuPone said it best when she said that the it has an absolutely beautiful score, but the show is deeply flawed itself. The book is a huge mess that needs to be cleaned up. If someone would deeply revise the book, it could be wonderful.
PERFECT Casting Game
 Jul 16 2011, 11:22:32 PM
Beverly Weston in August: Osage County

Alice Ripley

Some suggestions
 Jul 16 2011, 11:18:21 PM
I decided to go to the national tour of Shrek. (not one of my greatest moments) I guess the people sitting behind me were die hard Shrek fans and felt the need to quote the entire show LINE. BY.LINE. This made the already unbearable show that much more awful.
When I went to go see Anything Goes, the teen-aged kids behind me felt the need to sing along to De-Lovely and composed Stomp-like beats during 'Anything Goes'. At intermission I turned around and told them that their behavior was not

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You