News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadway geek

broadway geek Profile Photo
Member Name: broadway geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Week on Regis and Kelly  Jun 2 2006, 08:43:38 AM
I'm going to the taping on Thrusday, got the tickets awhile ago, and am really excited that it's Broadway Week. I also heard that Meryl Streep will be there.
re: DrowsY Chaperone Webiste is up with VIDEOs  Mar 22 2006, 04:13:40 PM
Thanks.

6/6 for me!!

re: Broadway Cell Phone Stuff  Feb 13 2006, 12:15:00 PM
I make my own as well. I actually have a Wicked Theme at the moment. The poster as the background and Popular as the ringtone, although I also have Defying Gravity. Some of my other favorites are Do You Hear the People Sing, Seasons of Love, and It's a Hard Knock Life. I don't get the point of paying $3 for a song you have anyway or could get for $1 off iTunes. You also get to customize what part of the song you want.
re: TV ALERT - Kristin Chenoweth on Ellen  Jan 3 2006, 05:33:25 PM
Kristin didn't give that great of an interview, she needs to calm down a bit, but she was cute.

I loved the little boy with the guitar :)

re: Cast of Mary Poppins  Jan 3 2006, 10:33:26 AM
I completely agree with Jason as well. Having actual British actors would make a world of difference. I wish they would bring the London leads, but I don't think Laura Michelle Kelly will be doing Mary.
re: Kristin on Ellen  Jan 3 2006, 10:28:30 AM
Thanks, I'll tune in.
re: Give Disney's Once Upon a Mattress a Grade  Dec 19 2005, 11:26:18 PM
I guess I didn't notice the song cuts because I have the original cast and there weren't that many changes from it. From the WWD movie musicals I've seen, I'd rate them in this order.

Annie
Once Upon a Mattress
Cinderella
Music Man

re: Give Disney's Once Upon a Mattress a Grade  Dec 19 2005, 12:39:16 PM
B

I liked Zooey Deschanel and Tracy Ullman and Denis O'Hare. All around cute.

re: Nobody at St. Louis Wicked Lottery?  Nov 21 2005, 02:24:02 PM
The Kennedy Center does sell day-of half price tickets to students, seniors, military personal, low income, and disabled, but obviously only for shows that aren't sold out. They were doing it for The Producers two summers ago when that wasn't sold out. But it depends on the show, The Glass Menagerie that same summer wasn't sold out yet wasn't selling half price tickets. Also, they set aside a number (I'm not sure how many) of half price tickets to sell in advance of the first show. It won't wor
re: Krstin Chenoweth on Old Navy Commercial!  Nov 3 2005, 09:12:42 PM
Yeah, I heard the voice and immediately ran and stared at the tv. It's too cute. I'm about to run out and buy some more jeans.
re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance  Oct 30 2005, 07:36:14 AM
I saw her in Mary Poppins and thought she was great. I asked her for her autograph afterwards and she wrote me a little note, but didn't sign her name! Oh, well. Does anyone know if she has any plans to do something else soon?
re: Kristin Chenoweth ON MAD TV  Sep 27 2005, 06:36:33 PM
I thought it was cute but almost fell out of my chair when she came on.
re: Kristin Chenoweth in Bewitched  Jun 27 2005, 07:50:03 AM
Everybody in the theater I was in was laughing at her lines. I thought she was great, and didn't think the movie overall was that bad. I really like Kidman in it, I think she did a good job becoming her character and just watching her and Cheno made the movie plenty enjoyable.
re: Cady Huffman (OBC The Producers Ulla) on L&O: Trial By Jury Tonight  May 14 2005, 09:49:03 AM
I saw the episode when it first aired, who was she?
re: Let the bitching begin!!!  May 10 2005, 02:03:58 PM
I'm sad for Borle

re: Spencer Kayden on MAD TV  May 8 2005, 05:17:26 PM
I saw her in an episode a couple of months back, but haven't seen her since. She was just in one skit though and only for a minute or two.
re: Little Women CD frustration  May 3 2005, 07:42:07 PM
I always go to Tower on Rockville Pike here in Maryland. They had like 15 copies of Kristin Chenoweth's new album the day it came out. They can sometimes be 3 or 4 bucks more than amazon though.
re: broadway softball  Apr 28 2005, 05:56:35 PM
What happens to teams whose shows fold, aka "Good Vibrations."
Mary Poppins -- some spoilers  Apr 26 2005, 06:44:08 PM
I wasn't totally taken in with the CD the first time through, but now I love it and have been listening to it in my car for over a week straight.

I love all the songs, especially PRACTICALLY PERFECT, SUPERCALIF..., and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I don't know the movie too well, just saw it once or twice as a kid, but I do like this CD.

I love Laura Michelle Kelly's voice, it is different, but perfect for this role.

If you want it in the US, the cheapest way to get it is thro

re: Colony Records has the Little Women CD  Apr 24 2005, 04:19:13 PM
I also got Mary Poppins from Amazon.co.uk, and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up in three days. It was only around $20 for me with shipping and definitely worth it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You