pixeltracker

Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance

w_tanoto Profile Photo
w_tanoto
#0Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:20am

Just back several hours ago from Mary Poppins. It was enjoyable, and also sad moment. Laura Michelle Kelly and several casts have left. The show started and ended normally, just if as there is nothing important happening, which dissapoint me! However, there were a lot of clapping without reason 20 minutes before the show. The casts performance is the best I've ever seen in my whole life. All of them seemed to be energetic.
LMK (my favourite): Nicer voice than usual, although her voice is incredibly nice. Try hard to enjoy her last moment. It was really sad to see her flying for the last time.
Gavin Lee: Just like usual, like something is not happening to his stage partner, LMK. Still scared of Mrs. Lark's dog, Andrew.
Rosemary Ashe: Very energetic. Have stronger voice and funnier way of talking, more older voice. Still love them.
Jenny Galloway: As always, makes people laugh by her way of talking. Very funny and interesting!
David Haig: Just like usual, with nicer singing voice
Linzi Hateley (my favourite): Incredibly and unbelievable has nice voice, just like usual. When she talk, it is just like hearing singing voice.
After the show, I went to the stage door to get some autographs and photographs of the actor.
I had to wait for about 1 and half hour! Somebody told me there was a party thrown inside. I saw a lot of people left the theatre. Some of the carried a buch of flower (which probably means that it was their last performance - Laura's was the biggest.)
David Haig was only able to sign 3 (I was the last one, number 3), and wasn't giving us time to take his photograph as he was late for something. He was the first main cast to left. It was followed by Gavin Lee. I was the first to ask for his autograph, and I managed to take his picture, as he was not in hurry, just like david. He is very nice.
It was followed by one of my favourites, the star of the show:
Laura Michelle Kelly!! I was the first to get her autograph, and the second to take her photograph. She is very very nice to spare her time for her fans.
Jenny Galloway came out and sort of asked us not to ask her for her autograph (not very nice, though, but I understand that she was also in hurry)
Then my other favourite: Linzi!! I got her autograph and photo! I don't really know the secret of her voice! When she talks, it is just like hearing her singing.

I got back to hertfordshire at 1.40 (after the clock change), and was really tired as the day before (Friday), I watched Billy Elliot as well. So, I had 2 full days in theatre world.

All the date is following Indonesian time

Be a BE*liever! Feel the Electricity --- Supercalifragilistic-Expialidocious --- Walt Disney Forever
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 04:20 AM

w_tanoto Profile Photo
w_tanoto
#1re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:27am

re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance

Be a BE*liever! Feel the Electricity --- Supercalifragilistic-Expialidocious --- Walt Disney Forever
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 04:27 AM

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#2re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 6:18am

Glad that you enjoyed the show and I am SO SO SO SO SO SO sad that the cast had to leave!
During curtain call, did they not say anything at all? Like farewell speech or sth? Did others (e.g. Cam Mac) came to say gdbye?

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#3re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 6:20am

I was there too, and I must say, it was a wonderful evening. All the cast gave fantastic performances, and a few shed a tear or two (Linzi in particular.) Went to the stage door as well, and spoke to Laura and Linzi. David Haig was very offish, as usual, and Jenny Galloway always manages to escape without signing autographs. She's a cheeky one! It was my 13th time seeing the show, and I've decided not to go again, so it was a particularly moving evening for me. I wish the show every success with the new cast, and hope that some of the original cast may reprise their performances in the broadway production.

Mary P x

Practically Perfect
#4re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 6:23am

There were no speeches, though Gavin Lee gave Laura a big hug after she had taken her final bow. I couldn't see Cameron Mackintosh there, which I was rather surprised by, as so many members of the cast were leaving.

Mary P x

w_tanoto Profile Photo
w_tanoto
#5re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 6:24am

Unfortunately no, there was no farewell speech.

broadway geek Profile Photo
broadway geek
#6re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 7:36am

I saw her in Mary Poppins and thought she was great. I asked her for her autograph afterwards and she wrote me a little note, but didn't sign her name! Oh, well. Does anyone know if she has any plans to do something else soon?

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#7re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 8:37am

Very sad to have missed Laura Michelle Kelly in Mary Poppins.
I almost got to see it twice and now I am thinking of a London trip in January but alas, it's too late. re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#8re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 8:56am

Laura is going to Singapore to do a show and no plans for Linzi yet.

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Practically Perfect
#9re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 9:45am

Laura is leaving for Singapore in a week or so, and is performing in a play there (her husband has done some choreography for it.) Then she will come back and be concentrating on promoting her album, which should be released in March.

Linzi is taking the holidays off to spend time with her family, and then she may return to Chicago for a while (she's a fantastic Roxie).

Mary P x

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#10re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 9:56am

I loved Laura in Mary Poppins! I am so glad I got to see it twice while I was in London! Much sucess to the cast future and past!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

w_tanoto Profile Photo
w_tanoto
#11re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/30/05 at 10:37am

Video of LMK, with Charlotte Spencer and Harry Stott

http://www.lauramichellekelly.org/video/PracticallyPerfectHigh.wmv
http://www.lauramichellekelly.org/video/SupercalifHIGH.wmv

Property of BBC

Updated On: 10/30/05 at 10:37 AM

abigails_party
#12re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/31/05 at 3:55am

Hello,

Hey, that's linking to my site! Hope you all enjoy the clips! Remember to check back regularly for up-to-date Laura information, www.lauramichellekelly.org - PLEASE sign the guestbook by clicking the link at the bottom of every page!

I was at the matinee and it was very excellent, she looked quite emotional during the final scene which was nice. Didn't go to the stage door as I have to rush to get a train re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance... Anyway, it was my 6th time of seeing it (twice with Poppy Tierney and 4 times with Laura). Shame no-one was aloud to take photos of the curtain call. Oh well, when I stood up for the ovation, Laura looked at me 4 times! Yay!

Good luck to her in Singapore.

Phil

Updated On: 10/31/05 at 03:55 AM

w_tanoto Profile Photo
w_tanoto
#13re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/31/05 at 4:58am

I have to say that i enjoyed the video!
Saturday night was my fouth time seeing mary poppins. I never get her understudy (I'm soooo lucky). Her replacement is also my favourite in chitty2 bang2: Scarlett Strallen.
Unfortunately, I didn't get autograph of jenny galloway (and it was her last performance as well) re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
x

Updated On: 10/31/05 at 04:58 AM

cserannie
#14re: Laura Michelle Kelly's Mary Poppins Last Performance
Posted: 10/31/05 at 8:40am

OMG, Laure is only 24???!!

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."