News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sapphireblueocean

sapphireblueocean Profile Photo
Member Name: sapphireblueocean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad audience behavior witnessed in NYC on my recent trip
 Jul 25 2011, 02:06:14 PM
dramamama, maybe 'sacred' wasn't the best word choice. I just meant that I missed the days when audiences were a little more respectful to performers and those around them. Glad to hear that you haven't suffered too badly during your theatrical experiences. :)
Bad audience behavior witnessed in NYC on my recent trip
 Jul 25 2011, 11:08:02 AM
I went back a little bit to find this, just because I HAVE to comment. I recently returned to Broadway after a few years away two weeks ago and was legitimately shocked at the behavior of the audience. People texted during the show, had full-volume conversations and commented on performances loudly for the whole theater to hear, showed up ten minutes late and complained about not being able to find their seats, and let their kids run loose in the aisles. Mind you, these antics occurred during
Unpopular opinions you hold
 Jul 25 2011, 10:50:48 AM
-I have yet to find a Wildhorn musical I don't enjoy. Jekyll & Hyde is one of my favorite scores.

-Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark is far from the worst thing to ever hit Broadway.

-Assassins is highly underrated.

-The Color Purple was the best musical I have ever seen on the Great White Way. Incredibly moving and powerful.

Favorite performance from any broadway musical
 Jul 23 2011, 11:24:48 PM
The first one that came to my mind is Tonya Pinkins in Caroline, or Change. Her rendition of "Lot's Wife"is nothing less than extraordinary.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You