News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AKarp2013

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
Member Name: AKarp2013
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 8 2024, 12:34:22 AM

I can't speculate on what's coming in, where, and when. But I have an inkling about what's going and when. And I have been wrong many times but based on trends, history, and box office grosses my thoughts are:

The Notebook is making a go of it but I don't see them going into the fall. The business just isn't there.  Gone by Labor Day is my guess.

Water for Elephants could be right behind but with Grant Gustin leaving September

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 01:46:48 PM

You need to rethink your idea of a "bad week"

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 18 2024, 02:47:56 PM

A very telling week. A few things to gain from this week's grosses.

Outsiders played 7 performances last week and still managed to be in the million dollar club. With their Tony win, they're not going anywhere. Which makes me ecstatic.

The Notebook is running out of steam. I think a mid-late July closing is now in the cards.

I would also venture to guess that & Juliet is on its last legs. They'

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jun 13 2024, 02:39:52 PM

Occupied but soon to be vacant? Vacant but soon to be occupied then vacant again?

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 13 2024, 02:34:10 PM

Music and Lyrics by Huey Lewis... and a few other people not worth mentioning right now.

(I kid.)

DOUBTFIRE tour recoups
 Jun 6 2024, 12:12:22 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "As discussed in the grosses thread yesterday, this can help chip away at the Broadway losses but may not ever bring them to full recoupment."

And I'm assuming the London production (which seems to be doing extraordinarily well) helps as well? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Beetlejuice tour recouped nearly a year after opening and it's still going extremely strong. The Broadway production's bu

Phantom Revival - What Happened?
 Jun 4 2024, 10:52:59 PM

Never ran with the Belasco theory but I found it hilarious how practically every single theatre on Broadway was "rumored" to be home to the revival from the Broadhurst to the Imperial to the Jacobs.  I even remember a wild theory that Wicked was going to move to the Majestic and Phantom moving into the Gershwin.  People are funny sometimes.  Watch the Shuberts plug it into the Longacre.

Phantom Revival - What Happened?
 Jun 4 2024, 10:44:32 PM

Phantom will 1000% be back. I was wondering though if it could it be possible they'd wait until 2026 or 2028 to coincide with the show's 40th London or Broadway subsequent anniversaries.

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 29 2024, 11:12:45 PM

Looks like they're actually going the Beautiful Noise route and eliminating the Wednesday evening show and adding the Thursday matinee. 4 matinees a week. I think it's a very smart move because I think school groups will be coming to see this in droves.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/26/24
 May 28 2024, 06:11:57 PM

Mr. Wormwood said: "I feel like there's often a show that closes sooner than we think it will after the Tonys. And I feel like that might be The Notebook this year. While I do think it most likely will hang on through the summer, an early or mid summer closing wouldn't shock me."

Very plausible.  I think some producers though do want to see how things play out in June and July now that the market is going to change come the week of the Fourth of

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/26/24
 May 28 2024, 05:34:16 PM

Thrilled that Outsiders continues to climb.

If they don't shut imminently, I have a feeling that Heart of Rock and Roll might push itself to the end of the month and close by June 30.

I also anticipate The Notebook sticking around until Labor Day weekend at the very latest if it doesn't close in the weeks following the Tony Awards. I also feel confident that Water for Elephants will make it

THE OUTSIDERS to release cast album on May 22
 May 22 2024, 12:28:34 AM

Listening to it now. Man, it's so good. I adore this show and this score. It's an excellent recording. The orchestrations are stellar and the vocals are perfection. I know Suffs is the favorite to win, but I really am rooting for this show. It's my favorite of the season and I haven't had a show stay with me like this one has in a long time. I'm ecstatic it's doing so well at the box office and hope it gets some well-deserved Tony love.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 12:20:10 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "AKarp2013 said: "I thoughtWater for Elephantswas just okay but it is leaps and bounds better thanLempicka.In any case,Water for Elephantshas a show tomorrow night."

Damn lol. Savage.
"

Sorry but those curtain speeches really, really, REALLY irked me.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 12:01:06 AM

I thought Water for Elephants was just okay but it is leaps and bounds better than Lempicka. In any case, Water for Elephants has a show tomorrow night.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 11:29:41 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I want to know what Beth Leavel was thinking, having to stand there and listen to all of that."

Probably "I miss The Prom."

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 11:09:33 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Could you imagine Sondheim taking to the stage after “Merrily” closed and going on a tirade like that?"

All I know is that the day the Lempicka cast album comes out, I will most likely be listening to the Merrily and Sunday cast albums.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 10:57:15 PM

jagman106 said: "TheaterMania.https://www.facebook.com/theatermania/posts/pfbid0Nzw7e6rM3dfArRMbD6fmR6iiykJ1oN3DNPnRsahSERxz2cHVjk13aFaa8AJXRxqvl"

First they likened this to Sunday in the Park With George, now they're invoking Merrily We Roll Along? Respectfully, please keep Sondheim out of this.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:44:11 PM

I had no idea that Lempicka invented queer theater. You learn something new every day.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:21:23 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "The writing was spray painted on the wall the second the “Eden Espinosa is best known to gay men across the country as one of the best Elphaba’s of all time” ad came out.

THAT is what the show will be remembered for.
"

I stand corrected. That 180-degree tonal shift in this show's marketing will baffle me for years to come.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:09:03 PM

It's a true shame. This was the show I was most looking forward to this season, and it ended up being the one I was most disappointed in. Long story short this well-meaning but poorly executed in every which way show won't be remembered in t-minus 5 minutes.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You