News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AKarp2013

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
Member Name: AKarp2013
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 04:21:45 PM

Mr. Wormwood said: "I do think BOM will be the next very long-runner to close but I would guess another year or so at least."

Sounds right.  Again, I don't believe for a second it's on death's door step and I'm sure it'll be back above $1 million in no time but it's definitely not the juggernaut it once had been.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 03:47:33 PM

Am I alone in thinking that Book of Mormon is finally starting to run out of steam? Nothing detrimental in the least and definitely not enough to close tomorrow but could there be a chance that its time may be sooner rather than later?

How far in advance would producers announce a closing for a long-runner like Mormon?

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 10:21:19 PM

Saw this tonight. If any show this season deserves love, it's this one. Fun, endearing, heartwarming, with an excellent cast. Hope it finds its audience and gets some love. One of the few shows I've seen this season where I saw everyone with a great, big smile on their face as they were leaving. Nothing groundbreaking or extraordinary, just pure escapism. Exactly what is needed every now and then.

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 11:18:06 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "Also, did someone really try pulling the Audra Gypsy thing again? Lol"

So you're saying I'm not getting that Mame revival with Cher?

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 12:58:27 PM

I loved this show personally but can absolutely understand why others don't.

I just always find it hilarious how some people's reactions and feelings toward a show they don't like range from 0 to "these people are committing crimes against humanity and I will not stand for it."

Anyway, looking forward to the cast album and seeing it again.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24  Apr 23 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Outsiders has the legs to hold on for quite a bit. Its grosses have increased each week and word of mouth is so strong that it could do some really strong business over the summer. I adore the show and am really rooting for it to become the hit I believe it deserves to be.

Gatsby intrigues me. I loved the show and am thrilled its doing well business-wise but I think it's too early to make any predication as to its fate. I would love for it to be the

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 11:21:55 PM

i hate it here

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments  Mar 17 2024, 07:53:35 PM

i hate it here

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/3/24  Mar 5 2024, 05:50:53 PM

I expect BTTF to continue to do middling business for the spring and then kick off big time once more in the summer. It has the potential to be a hot spot for families and tourists during the summer months. It'll then probably taper out in the fall and close up shop after another robust holiday season.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?  Feb 25 2024, 10:50:14 PM

i hate it here

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE to announce closing date soon  Feb 21 2024, 10:08:49 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "Will Phantom take the Broadhurst?"

I've always had the wild and crazy idea that Mamma Mia would return to the Broadhurst following its late August tour stop in DC.  Makes sense in my mind at least.  Beautiful Noise closes in the spring or summer, and Mamma Mia picks right back up where it left off on Broadway in the fall.

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 19 2024, 06:53:59 PM

I'm in the minority that actually really likes the Broadway Theater despite its horrendous rear mezzanine. The Shuberts would be wise to cut the rear mezz completely in half, eliminating 400 seats and turn it into an upper lobby of some kind.

I think the downsized version of Phantom that's currently playing in London could actually fit into the Broadway quite nicely. Will they do it? One never knows and I'm not good at speculating what Macintosh's plans are. It'

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 13 2024, 01:55:08 PM

So happy to see Prayer doing great business. The non-profits are really proving themselves this season

I anticipate a late spring/early summer closing for Spamalot.  I'm pretty confident that Back to the Future will hold on through the winter, pick up steam in the Spring, do strong business in the Summer then close up shop at the end of the year following the holiday rush.

Next week will hurt a little more considering

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Feb 5 2024, 04:05:52 PM

Have there been any rumblings about a further extension through the remainder of the summer in lieu of potential Tony love? I could see them doing one final extension through the remainder of the summer and closing out Labor Day weekend. Or does it simply revolve around the desire of the leads?

2024-2025 Touring Season  Jan 24 2024, 11:38:24 PM

I'm becoming more fascinated with the economics of Broadway touring productions and maybe someone here can fill me in on a small, insignificant question regarding the current tour of Beetlejuice.  Is it typical for tours to take a one or two week hiatus in performances? I ask this because the current Beetlejuice tour itinerary has a week gap in between their Atlanta run (3/19 - 3/24) and their Seattle run (4/2 - 4/7).  They also have a week

THE GREAT GATSBY at Paper Mill Playhouse - Critics’ Reviews  Jan 16 2024, 10:18:48 AM

I actually really enjoyed the show at Paper Mill. I agree the book needed a lot of work but I enjoyed the score immensely and I liked the production itself. But the producers are absolute fools on this. The timing is so off and the theater choice is all wrong. In an already way-too-crowded Spring season, they're going to open in literally one of the worst theaters on Broadway that is going to swallow the production up whole. They should have waited until the summer and open at a much smal

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23  Oct 19 2023, 08:32:36 AM

Has there been any indication on when/if Sweeney Todd will announce a closing? I think most are in agreement that the production won't go beyond Josh Groban's contract and tickets are still only on sale through January 14. Could they be waiting until early November to announce the production's future to get the holiday & closing demand going?

THE GREAT GATSBY @ Paper Mill Playhouse Thread  Oct 2 2023, 11:23:18 AM

Kad said: "The spectaclefication of Gatsby has always sort of mystified me and seems to entirely go against every theme of the novel. Even when Fitzgerald depicts those lavish parties, the focus is entirely on how hollow and lonely they actually are, particularly for Gatsby himself."

Very true. But I think the common perception of the general, mainstream audience is that Gatsby does in fact mean spectacle and expect that spectacle if they were to go see a Gatsby musi

Who could replace Josh Groban?  Sep 18 2023, 06:58:44 PM

Gerard Butler :P

It might not sound pretty, but the audience will hear everything he says.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Sep 18 2023, 04:47:27 PM

Sutton Ross said: "That sounds about right. Boomers lose their MIND with both Neil Diamond and Huey Lewis, and since they have the money I think this will be popular with the (white) olds."

Hey I'm a (white) youngin' and I love Huey Lewis

I could also see this having an appeal with younger audiences who possess the 80's nostalgia that's still rampant -- although fading somewhat in recent years.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You