News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for allant

Member Name: allant
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
 Jun 17 2022, 11:30:41 PM

I couldn't agree MORE!!! I saw the show Wednesday night with Julie, and SHE. WAS. THE. BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Julie is a STAR in this role, and she should absolutely be given the chance to be THE lead!!!!!

THE PROM Reviews
 Nov 19 2018, 09:14:03 PM

I don't give a country hoot if this show isn't a genre-changing masterpiece! I could also care less about what the "critics" have to say - opinions are like, as they say......well, you KNOW what they say! LOL!!! It's been a long, LONG time since I've become farklempt out of pure joy, and that is exactly what "The Prom" did to me. Brooks Ashmanskas was a total, hysterical delight! Beth Leavel, and the rest of the cast, was a joy. It's a SOLID "feel-

Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 26 2012, 11:42:51 PM
Best12 and Dramamama- it may be hard to follow with all the varying opinions, etc., but if you'll reread my posts you'll find that the Carrie Fisher and Patti Lupone experiences are what engendered my question. They were the experiences that led to my feeling that videotaping was crossing the line and, after Lupone, I came to my OWN DECISION to no longer videotape. But, somewhere in this discussion, videotaping became the background and it moved to not taking photographs at all. The issue of tak
Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 26 2012, 06:24:34 PM
Paljoey - Everything in life is about your OWN likes, dislikes, passions, etc. In my opening post I mentioned I was an "ex-performer". Life has lead me in a very fortunate direction away from the stage, but that doesn't mean I still don't get pangs of sentimentality when I see an old cast-mate of mine in a Broadway show. For a couple of decades, performing WAS my life. The movie "The Sound of Music" was a life-changing thing in my young life, so when I was able to see Julie Andrews and Christoph
Opinions on
 Apr 26 2012, 05:42:12 PM
Some of you "Broadway Legends" or "Broadway Stars" may be more likely to know the answer to this question - does the playwright/author ever have anything to say about "non-traditional casting"? If I remember correctly, Lillian Hellman had to give her consent for the revival of her play, "The Little Foxes" with Elizabeth Taylor. I also want to say she had cast (or, at least lead) approval, but I can't be certain of that. Doesn't there have to be some kind of "clearance" before "traditional" white
Opinions on "All Black" Versions of "White" Shows
 Apr 26 2012, 02:30:00 AM
Board readers - I'd be curious to know your take on "All Black" casts for traditionally "White" shows. Case in point, the all-black version of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof". Now, before anyone DARES to raise up the "racist" card, I am not. I would be equally offended with an "All White" version of "The Color Purple". I wonder what Tennessee Williams would have said about that take on his play?

All the best!

West End Theater Attire
 Apr 26 2012, 02:10:39 AM
Yankeefan - dressy casual would be absolutely fine. I was in London last August, and will be going back next month. I saw little difference between the West End and Broadway dress. For quite some time, unless it's an opening night, casual, sometimes TOO casual has become the norm. Gosh, there have even been times, in my dressy casual attire, that I've actually felt OVERdressed next to the tee-shirts with slogans, shorts, flip-flops, etc.

One thing I CAN tell you to prepare for is the he

Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 26 2012, 01:52:28 AM
Jay - thanks for your comments. After the Lupone incident, I haven't bothered with video anymore. So, Lizzy, I HAVE given it up.....hehehe. But, I must admit I'm surprised at how defensive some of the comments have been for the celebrities. Let's face it - they are coming out of a stage door, into a waiting crowd they KNOW is there. This is a time any celebrity KNOWS their image is going to be preserved. THEY KNOW THIS! Now, please take into account I am NOT talking about the kind of person who
Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 25 2012, 11:19:26 PM
Matt2 - the answer to your question is as varied as why people like what they like. To be sure, there ARE some truly scary people out there who have agendas that are less than respectable. For me, it's as simple as recording a pleasant memory or an exciting moment that I may relive in my old age......hehehe. I'm not a paparazzo, nor do I "eBay" my Playbills, souvenir programs, etc. These are strictly memory-moments for me.

From my perspective, I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to have

Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 25 2012, 09:40:43 PM
Gosh, so many references to "creepy" and "stalkerish". No, NOTHING of the kind. Following someone, or coming back night after night, or intruding on private moments like when they're dining, with family, etc., would fulfill the "creepy" and "stalkerish" terms. Also, a "creep" or a "stalker" would not ask for opinions if their actions were kosher or not. The very fact I'm asking for your opinions should be a clear sign that I'm interested in "protocol". Again, a "creep" would not do that. So, I h
Is Video Taping A No-No?
 Apr 25 2012, 11:11:47 AM
Warm greetings, board members! I'd really appreciate any advise you may have on this subject. I am an ex-performer myself, now living in Tennessee. But, twice a year I come to NYC for my "Broadway fix". Eleven glorious days and at least as many shows. I almost always "stage door" after the show, always with a still camera, and sometimes with a video camera. I've done this twice-yearly "Broadway fix" for the last 21 years and until an incident with Carrie Fisher at the "Wishful Drinking" stage do
Love Never Dies Does. At Last!
 Aug 15 2011, 03:32:17 AM
Gosh - there are more elitists, down-the-nose-lookers, snobs, admirers, defenders, and fans of this show more than any other that comes to mind. I am a "fan". I see it this way, you would be EVER so hard pressed to find even ONE show that has NO flaws. Any production can be picked apart if one delves deeply enough into it. And, opinions are, as they say, like that certain part of the body we all have. I've just returned from London and saw the show twice - on back to back nights! The music is st
Love Never Dies Does. At Last!
 Aug 15 2011, 03:31:45 AM
Gosh - there are more elitists, down-the-nose-lookers, snobs, admirers, defenders, and fans of this show more than any other that comes to mind. I am a "fan". I see it this way, you would be EVER so hard pressed to find even ONE show that has NO flaws. Any production can be picked apart if one delves deeply enough into it. And, opinions are, as they say, like that certain part of the body we all have. I've just returned from London and saw the show twice - on back to back nights! The music is st
Favorite performance from any broadway musical
 Aug 15 2011, 03:13:17 AM
Without the need for a moment to think - Betty Buckley in "Sunset Boulevard". Yes, there can be debate over who was the better "Norma", Glenn Close or Betty, but vocally, there IS no debate. I was lucky enough to have a front row center seat for Betty's performance. At the end of "As If We Never Said Goodbye", she came to the very lip of the stage, belting that powerful song, in complete control of her instrument, and every hair on my body, well.........except for CERTAIN ones of course, stood o
GHOST coming to Broadway in the spring?
 Aug 15 2011, 02:49:57 AM
I've just returned from London and I saw this show while I was there. The show itself is wonderful and some of the special effects were spectacular. Sadly, the music, with the exception of "Unchained Melody" and Oda Mae's number, was absolutely abysmal! As bad, or worse, than "Spiderman". The Oda Mae character steals the show much the same as Whoopi did the film. Just my two cents and worth what you paid for it
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You