News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JimVukovich

JimVukovich Profile Photo
Member Name: JimVukovich
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Another LITTLE SHOP question.  Mar 23 2012, 01:11:25 AM
I am producing Little Shop in Texas and am on the fence about this particular moment. I would appreciate your comments.

In the song "Be A Dentist", the 2003 Broadway production had "Orin" holding out a very long note, milking the moment on "Oh I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i am your dentist and I get off on the pain I inflict".

What do you guys think about that? Was it fun or was it just another gratuitous performer/production moment? I personally loved it and thought it was great fun. Howeve

Little Shop Question  Mar 19 2012, 01:27:40 PM
This is what I thought. Thank you for confirming.
Little Shop Question  Mar 19 2012, 01:04:04 PM
When I saw the national tour of Little Shop in Los Angeles several years ago, during one of the musical numbers Crystal, Ronette and Chiffon were dressed in sequin gowns and hoisted up on a hydraulic platform. I am assuming this was the same staging as the Broadway production in 2003.

Can anyone please tell which song that happened on? Also at what point in the song did it happen?

Thanks.

re: Hairspray in Italian  Dec 19 2007, 03:17:44 PM
Quello è pathetic. Un esempio fine di come determinate parti del
mondo non si sono evolute.

re: Latoya London in Color Purple Tour?  Dec 31 2006, 10:05:09 PM
I music directed a production of Beehive in LA this past September. LaToya London was in the cast. She had top billing but never once acted like it. She was humble, easy to work with and she fit right in. She's a terrific talent and a really nice person.....and she's got a body that won't stop!
re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2  Dec 31 2006, 09:40:00 PM
The last show was amazing today. We have some of the most amazing fans I've ever seen. Thank you to all you guys.

If you want to see the girls who dressed up in costumes today, I have their picture on my myspace page. These girls are so fun. They have attended at least one or two shows every week since I took over as MD. You can see them at www.myspace.com/mdjimmyv.

Wedding Singer fans rock. I had a blast. It was an honor. I'm very proud to be part of TWS.

Jimmy V

re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.  Oct 23 2006, 11:36:18 PM
I have not posted on this site in a long time. However, this conversation about me is kinda crazy. Unless you are an MD, you have no idea what the MD or their associate do. I guess it's safe to officially come out of the TWS closet and say I officially take over as the MD on Tuesday, October 31 (Halloween). Wish me luck. I am honored to have the job and I take it very seriously. Please come see the show. It's fabulous and frankly can't understand why it isn't a huge hit. I completely believe in
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 29 2006, 11:51:03 PM
Nathan_Lane_Rules - HUH? - 1134 equals HELL backwards on a digital clock? Not only does that creep me out but what do you do all day, that you would figure something like that out? In addition, now that you have shared your digital talent, what does it all mean? I am not being rude. I really want to know. Who does it affect? Nathan Lane? Me? You? Fans? Producers? Composers?

Who is your audience for that information?

re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 29 2006, 07:30:29 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh, you're the Croatian Hairspray Mother. Hee's a question for you (in Croatian) - Da li vi izraditi tvoj keks od nule ili from kutija? HAHAHA
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 29 2006, 05:07:00 PM
Hairspray Mom, who are you? Are you the mother of a Hairspray cast member or are you an Edna? Either way, thanks for the kind words. Will you be my publicist?
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 29 2006, 02:32:36 AM
Well Mateo, you made my day. THANK YOU!!!
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 29 2006, 02:11:06 AM
Thanks Dottie.........I'll be in NYC in a few weeks. I'm taking over the MD/Conductor job on a b-way show that I can't mention yet. The ink hasn't dried on my contract. You have been a great supporter and I truly appreciate you. I'm already going through Hairspray withdrawal. The detox process is very intense, lol.
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 28 2006, 03:52:52 AM
Hey Dottie, the last show was very good and pretty focused considering everything. There weren't as many tears as I expected. The only producers that came were Margo Lion and Edam Epstein. Our General Manager Laura Green made it to the closing night party. The party was nice. We received "letters" from most of the creative team. However, none were in attendance for our party or closing show. Considering the scope and success of this tour, the closing was surprisingly understated. Some in the com
re: HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 26 2006, 04:19:49 AM
Just to clarify.....yes, there is a Non-Equity tour that will soon follow. They are being produced by NETWorks. They are starting in Atlantic City with the 90 minute "Vegas" version and supposedly continuing with the full length version of the show.

Well, I actually know a little more than that but that's all I feel that I should say.

Thank you again to broadwayworld and it's members for your support for the past 3 years.

Jimmy V

HAIRSPRAY TOUR CLOSES AFTER 1134 SHOWS  Jun 25 2006, 05:26:02 PM
After an amazing run, we are closing tonight in Portland, Oregon. We've gotten a lot of love and support from you guys on broadwayworld.

Thank you,

Jim

re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?  Jun 13 2006, 05:32:39 AM
All of the Fox theatres are HUGE. Hairspray played The Fox in Atlanta and the place is enormous. Even from the conductor podium, it felt far from the stage. I'd buy tickets as close to the 1st row as possible. Compared to most theatres, it will be like having "house seats" and you will NOT feel too close to the stage.

If you like soul food/home style cooking, go to Gladys and Ron's "chicken and waffle" restaurant before the show. Gladys Knight is one of the owners. It's a few blocks fro

re: HAIRSPRAY NATIONAL TOUR DOES NOT CLOSE TOMORROW!  Jun 11 2006, 05:08:42 AM
Hey Dame, just to correct the facts of the tour's closing. We close on June 25th in Portland, Oregon. That is also MY last day with HAIRSPRAY. I'm not sure how the information got confused but I wanted to make sure everyone had the correct information.

Anything being advertised after June 25th (this includes the official 1st National Tour site, www.HairsprayOnTour.com), will NOT be the 1st National Tour. It will be a NON EQUITY tour being produced by NETWorks.

I just found ou

re: Jim Vukovich-Carnelia  Aug 11 2005, 02:14:39 PM
Very simply put - On the homepage of my very outdated website, it explains that I've purchased MANY domains of those friends, family and colleagues that were still up for grabs. I've done it for years. I've never sold any for a profit. That's not my intention. I've had craigcarnelia.com since before we worked together on "Imaginary Friends". I owned marcshaiman.com until I recently gave it to him. Can you imagine if his domain had gotten into the wrong hands? You'd be amazed at some of the domai
re: Interlochen summer  Mar 13 2005, 10:21:21 AM
I went to Interlochen Arts Academy for my freshman and sophmore years of high school 1976/1977. It's very intense. The entire student body was no more than 300 students and had a 2 to 1 teacher/student ratio. The year round high school program housed students in the four main dorms on the main campus area. However, the summer program has thousands of students housed throughout the entire grounds (cabins mostly) which cover thousand of acres in the most beautiful forests on two incredible lakes.
re: TONY AWARD disgrace!!!  Feb 4 2005, 05:36:18 PM
amen to that
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You