Interlochen summer

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#0Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:18pm

I applied to the program and I'm a high school sophomore. Does anyone know if it's a good program and how many students do they accept? Was the program worth while?

stagestar130 Profile Photo
stagestar130
#1re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:27pm

I haven't gone to Interlochen, but I know its one of the best summer camps out there and it's a great experience. It is, however, very selective.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#2re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:50pm

Interlochen rules! You'll have an amazing time and learn SO much, and go to bed every night feeling exhauted but fulfilled. Barrett Foa was a High School Camper there. They are really selective.:)

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

gimmegimmelove Profile Photo
gimmegimmelove
#3re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 7:22pm

the band teacher at my school went to Interlochen and he really wants me to go or at least do summer camp. It sounds so cool, but i think i am going to wait at least a year

***You see I think im falling for that crazy smile of yours***

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#4re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 7:59pm

I loved Interlochen when I went last summer, they accept about 30-ish for the high school musical production. And if you aren’t accepted for that then they might move to a one-session (3 weeks) musical theater workshop. It is definitely worth the time and money! Besides Barret Foa there has been anothny rapp, josh groban, jewl, norah jones the list is forever long. I am also a sophmore pm me for more questions

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#5re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:05pm

Updated On: 3/12/05 at 08:05 PM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#6re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:06pm

One of my best friends went to the summer program for Theatre before her junior year and LOVED it. Now she's at the Academy for her senior year. Honestly, from what it sounds like, it's a wonderful place to go.

ThE nEw KiD Profile Photo
ThE nEw KiD
#7re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/12/05 at 11:02pm

Interlochen can be fun but it can also suck...it depends. I personally loved it when I was there (the camp). WYSO was awesome. Michael Arden also went there before he changed his name. His real name is Michael Moore. I'm sure you know why he changed it.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#8re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 12:13am

why can it suck?

mollyllom Profile Photo
mollyllom
#9re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 3:35am

my friend went there summer before her freshman year; she, however, was 12 (she skipped grades etc). She loved it. And there are signs in the bathroom proclaiming "no flushing pads, tampons, or chipmunks down the toilets" because apparently kids were flushing chipmunks down the toilets.

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13865158 please =D

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#10re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 3:46am

I went last year to the Intermediate program and loved it. I'd suggest it for anyone who knows that they want to be in the arts for the rest of their life.

I applied to the high school program this year as well, I'm a sophomore. I know that the program is really intense and that the high school company is INCREDIBLY competitive. They definitely will need more males than females, atleast for musical theatre.

But good luck...let me know if you got in, we might be in a show together if I get in too!

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#11re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 9:46am

cool! Did you apply to the rep. program too? I didn't apply for musical theatre..but I'll still see you there (if we get in) even though we aren't doing the same program! Keep in touch and let me know when you find out re: Interlochen summer

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#12re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 9:47am

Oh yeah...for those who have gone already..when do they announce the shows that will be done?

JimVukovich Profile Photo
JimVukovich
#13re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 10:21am

I went to Interlochen Arts Academy for my freshman and sophmore years of high school 1976/1977. It's very intense. The entire student body was no more than 300 students and had a 2 to 1 teacher/student ratio. The year round high school program housed students in the four main dorms on the main campus area. However, the summer program has thousands of students housed throughout the entire grounds (cabins mostly) which cover thousand of acres in the most beautiful forests on two incredible lakes. It's a completely different experience, equally intense. Beware of the blue knickers.

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#14re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 10:42am

They will e-mail you what show you are doing once you are accepted.

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#15re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 3/13/05 at 1:04pm

thanks! i really wanna know a.) if i'm accepted b.) the show I'm doing!!

bigbelterbaby
#16re: Interlochen summer
Posted: 4/28/19 at 10:15pm

I'll be working there this summer :) any other stories on Interlochen? 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Videos