News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Acting4Food

Member Name: Acting4Food
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
 May 9 2014, 07:49:46 PM
See that's just the point. If this happens, she won't be playing Fanny, she'll be playing Barbara Streisand playing Fanny. Also, that book is gonna need some cleaning. It's creakier than Charity.
FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?
 Apr 25 2014, 05:26:36 PM
Honestly, I think it would be great if they could get Lane to come back as Senex this time. And just watch, they'll probably try and get Josh Gad for Pseudolus...
The original Broadway production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
 Apr 22 2014, 04:16:37 PM
I'm sorry, but can we stop calling them "platform shoes". They are clearly modeled after Kothornoi, the raised sole shoes worn by ancient Greek actors to symbolize characters of great importance or "god" like status. Not to be nit-picky or anything :)
Jesus Christ Superstar: Arena Spectacular
 Apr 4 2014, 10:19:36 PM
No, but he has had multiple concerts "cancelled" in the US for his views. They talked all about it in his New Yorker interview.

Jesus Christ Superstar: Arena Spectacular
 Apr 4 2014, 08:51:59 PM
@johnnycantdecide, have you heard Cornell sing live in the last like 8 years. There is no WAY he could handle those vocals especially with how Lloyd Webber wants Jesus sung now. Honestly this whole thing looks like a mess. Boyd has been off the mark since the last Incubus album which I think was 11. I would love to have seen Minchin do this in North America, but he's kinda box office poison in America, outside of NY, given his outspoken Atheist views.
Pippin (1981 TV version) - The Fosse Version
 May 9 2013, 07:54:55 AM
Yeah I have to pile on as well here. I would love to see the edit please. I've always wanted to see the talking head scene. Thanks in advance :)
Pippin previews start tomorrow
 Mar 25 2013, 03:40:16 AM
"As much as I love the songs in Pippin the book is a non-starter. The Bob Fosse staging and the performances it inspired were electrifying. I have suffered through many productions of Pippin through the years hoping to see that spark rekindled and always thought it was the difference between professional and non professional productions. Sitting at the Music Box it was even more evident what a magnificent job Fosse did because now not only do we have his essence in the choreography but we have a
Original LND production
 Mar 11 2013, 10:45:07 AM
Don't mean to clutter the boards but can't think of another way to do this. I have some specific questions about the original LND West End production. If you think you can answer them PLEASE send me a PM. :)
Broadway stage mishaps/accidents
 Dec 13 2012, 02:40:41 PM
"During a preview for the Roundabout's "The Man Who Came to Dinner", Jean Smart tripped on the steps during her entrance and fell flat on her ass. Nathan Lane stood up from his wheelchair and director Jerry Zaks who was sitting in the first row was running up to the stage as Ms. Smart, a consumate actress, jumped up and did a "ta da" (like do I know how to make an entrance) and the show continued without a hitch."

She must be clumsy. Saw a similar incident in previews where Ms. Smart go

Rocky Horror banned in Atlanta
 Sep 16 2011, 06:55:30 PM
Said this on another site but it bears repeating. If this is the stage version then shame on the town. However if it's that stupid shadow cast crap then GOOD! Someone needs to keep those shadow idiots in check.
re: Worst Revival Ever
 Sep 2 2011, 11:27:37 AM
@acl; did you see the first cast of the RHS revival? Outside of Lea Delaria, whom I normally love, it was one of the most fun nights at the theatre I've ever had. Easily the best stage production of Rocky I've seen and getting to "discover" raul in his first broadway role was also a big treat. I really thought they did an overall great job on it from start to finish.

However, opinion is just that :)

re: Worst Revival Ever
 Sep 1 2011, 09:50:23 PM
@Borstal: SO AGREE! 87 Cabaret was like a Museum piece. I enjoyed getting to see Joel Grey in the role but that was it. A total stuffed animal. Including the fake teeth.
Stunt casting you'd LOVE to see
 Sep 1 2011, 09:39:40 PM
Easy. John Goodman as Edna. Also Edward Norton in Streetcar. And it's technically not stunt at all but I think Norbert should play Bobby in Company.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You