pixeltracker

Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival

Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 4:09pm

You know...in case you hadn't gleaned that from the other 500 articles that have said the same thing.

This title reads almost as if it's a threat.
Link

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 4:11pm

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

#2Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 4:16pm

HA! Just saw him pushing a baby carriage on Commercial Street in Ptown today!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 4:41pm

Yep, we could have just read the article with the exact same headline.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#4Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 5:29pm

I feel a Catalano rant coming on....

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 5:44pm

Like I said before, just let these two insanely egotistical people do it already so they can both just finally shut the hell up about it.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#6Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 6:08pm

I agree with Jordan. Just shut them up, and I will go into a hole while its playing.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#7Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 6:09pm

Well...he's the pimp with pizazz.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 6:12pm

Why do I have the feeling they'll be talking about this for years without it ever materializing?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#9Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:00pm

I have always wanted a Funny Girl revival
But this. Ick. Just Ick.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#10Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:02pm

I've only seen "Glee" once or twice, so this is a real question: Is she, you know, funny?

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#11Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:06pm

I've always thought Lea would make a great Fanny, until I saw this...http://youtu.be/VnAhYJTBjsE. Sure she can sing the hell out of it, but she certainly can't act it.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#12Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:07pm

Are they trying to keep me away from NY.

I could see a lot of women in a revival - but not Lea Michele. Bleech.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#13Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:08pm

Michele could be funny in the first season when she wasn't a complete robot--or at least not in a way that was as apparent as it is now. Her character had a lot of quirks and I thought when you removed all the after school-ness of the show, she could land some laughs. That is no longer the case, and it has been quite a few years now since that season. Since then, her performances (including other things besides GLEE like the atrocious NEW YEAR'S EVE) have had the depth of a sheet of paper, and she can't land a joke to save her life. I always bitch and moan about this on FUNNY GIRL threads, but Fanny needs to actually be funny! She's a comedienne, a world-class comedienne. To me, Barbra won the Oscar because she could do a hilarious line reading and then turn around and break your heart. Michele can do neither. If her and Murphy wanna do this, more power to them, I think that sound I hear is the NY critics (and us at BWW) sharpening their knives.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#14Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:10pm

Also, the woman cannot act her way out of a paper bag.

Plenty of women I can see in this role - she is not one of them.

Reginald Tresilian
#15Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:11pm

That clip was really, really not good.

ShakinBaconGirl
#16Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:16pm

I always forget how young Barbra was when she did Funny Girl. You really need someone who can do it all for this particular show. It all rides on Fanny...She is the show. I don't think Lea is right for this role, but I do wish she would return to Broadway in something.

ShakinBaconGirl
#17Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:22pm

"That clip was really, really not good."

It really wasn't. I understand that the actors don't have much time to figure out choreography and blocking for the musical numbers, but I really expected better from Miss Michele. She kept raising her arms in a V like she didn't know what else to do. Did she think she was playing Evita? It was a simply a soulless performance. I saw no fanny, I just saw Lea. Clearly she isn't the greatest star.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#18Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:25pm

It's almost like she's supposed to be playing (a bad) Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice.

Reginald Tresilian
Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#20Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:43pm

She'll be marginally better than Pia Zadora.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

Acting4Food
#21Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 7:49pm

See that's just the point. If this happens, she won't be playing Fanny, she'll be playing Barbara Streisand playing Fanny. Also, that book is gonna need some cleaning. It's creakier than Charity.

Used to be Carl Magnum. Now I'm acting for food.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#22Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 8:11pm

I first read this as Ryan Silverman INTENT on....

Not a bad idea, Ryan Silverman as Nick!

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#23Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 8:16pm

Murphy's "revisal" of the book could be scary. Criss as Arnstein?

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#24Ryan Murphy INTENT on Teaming with Lea Michele for FUNNY GIRL Broadway Revival
Posted: 5/9/14 at 8:19pm

She's a great big clump, of....something.

Besides, she's supposed to be singing that song to Eddie Ryan. He's no where on that stage. Just her, strolling back and forth and paying more attention to the audience than her performance.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 5/9/14 at 08:19 PM