News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DirtyRottenMemberName

DirtyRottenMemberName Profile Photo
Member Name: DirtyRottenMemberName
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: XANADU Reviews
 Jul 10 2007, 10:22:54 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::gasp:: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure these reviews will leave this joyous romp "suspended in time"...

re: PQ OBCR LOVE THREAD ONLY
 Jul 4 2007, 05:42:35 PM
yea they crammed it all in on one disc... but all the essentials are there.
PQ OBCR LOVE THREAD ONLY
 Jul 4 2007, 05:31:09 PM
this thread is for people who love the show and talk about what they like on the cd.

I think Sail to the Stars is breathtaking. sounds like they might hold out the end note a little longer than in the theatre, to me this is the track that makes me feel like i am there again.

re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
 Jul 4 2007, 05:27:38 PM
i have two:

when grace tells tiernan she is gonna bruise him, he is gonna be her bruise. gets me everytime!!

also when tiernan says to grace "my junk is you"

re: Saw today's Matinee of The Pirate Queen
 Jun 14 2007, 12:30:45 PM
I did not even say i was friends with anyone in the show... where did you get that idea?

i like the show. it is good. tells a story, a story that i think is worth telling.

and also SJB is the feircest thing on BWAY right now, so it is very hard not to love the show. unless your feirce radar is broken. which it is.

Jun 14 2007, 02:09:40 AM
ew you're dreadful
re: Down With Spring Awakening
 Jun 14 2007, 02:02:42 AM
ok spring awakening isn't my cup of tea but you are right. and i don't hate it cause hate is another form of love. so i will just say that for whatever reason i did not feel much when i saw it. the cast is tallented, the show is different, and i am glad it exists. I am just indifferent. live and let live, i suppose.

god speed sring awakening

::gets off his high horse::

sorry to the SA fans who i annoyed.

re: A theory on the supposed robbery of Raul
 Jun 14 2007, 01:34:28 AM
pretty sure doyle directed it that way...

...and being alive is hard at the end.

who wouldn't try?

maybe some floaty tennor?

Jun 14 2007, 01:20:32 AM
yea well.. i was gonna go anyway... but i wanted to be drammatic.

gotta love broadway!!!!

re: Down With Spring Awakening
 Jun 14 2007, 01:15:50 AM
pretty sure you clicked on this thread. no body made you read it. how about he promises to preten SA doesn't exist and you pretend SA threads don't.
 Jun 14 2007, 12:32:55 AM
So do you think in Evita Che should just say "Once upon a time a young girl became the first lady" and then start at act 2?

Pirate Queen tells a story. sit there, shut up, and watch it. watch steph act her balls off and the at the end cry with her instead of thinking so hard about structure that you miss the point.

She loves her father, her boyfriend. she looses both. then is sent to jail... I mean this is just so heart wrenching i cannot see how someone could sit in the hilton

re: is SA a concept show?
 Jun 14 2007, 12:18:36 AM
well yes indeed but if we are agreeing that Company is an example of a concept show to show ideas surrounding marrage with Bobby's brithday being somewhat of a frame, and Follies being a concept show about living in the past with a reunion as a device, cabaret maybe being a concept show with the night club and emcee not really doing anything plot wise but a story being woven in and out commenting on the governments opression and how it effects a group of people...

what i am trying to u

Jun 13 2007, 11:04:11 PM
and P.S. stop kicking a dog while it is down.
 Jun 13 2007, 10:59:56 PM
ok did not wanna brag but:

an actor took me backstage. twice. told me how upset ppl were because of reading comments like this. he assured me that the sounds were real and not pre-recorded. And he is in the show and thats that.

re: is SA a concept show?
 Jun 13 2007, 10:54:34 PM
So i guess, in a way, it really will change things. And i guess i am kind of glad it one the tony so that people will not be afraid to spice things up creativly.

i mean if you look at lennon or in my life... they are so different but didnt last. if this does well perhaps we will soon see a brand new type of musical? maybe?

Jun 13 2007, 10:52:23 PM
it. is. real. and. whoever. told you that. is. wrong. wrong wrong wrong.
 Jun 13 2007, 10:46:42 PM
whoever you heard it from is wrong wrong wrong and so are you.

it seriously is not recorded. it is them. the feirce irish dancers.

now what IS fake is the sex in springs awakenings.

re: How Is The Current 'Avenue Q' Cast???
 Jun 13 2007, 10:45:03 PM
it has such heart

i hope it is around for a while...

Jun 13 2007, 10:41:10 PM
the sound of the dancing was NOT recorded. i repeat NOT recorded. It was live, those men are REALLY making those noises 8 times a week. It must really hurt them to hear that people think it is recorded. The acoustics and location of your seat really effects the noise of the dancing. People in the audience were used to how powerful and loud Riverdance was, but that was dozens of dancers with specific interest in making it loud and intense, since PQ is not a dance show it was not the priority to
is SA a concept show?
 Jun 13 2007, 10:35:17 PM
Spring Awakening, is it a concept show? If so what is the framing device?

I remember nonintegrated numbers that did not necessarily advance the plot but still gave a certain feeling or idea across. What is the concept here? Is this some kind of new show and that is why “Broadway will never be the same?"

SA fans, help explain.

is it just "taboo" for the sake of being "taboo?"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You