pixeltracker

Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.

Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.

jmponstage Profile Photo
jmponstage
#1Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:36pm

O.K., so there are a million topics on how bad the show is. I didn't see it, I don't know... but I do know that the recording is one of the worst things I have heard in a long time. To me, it hits the category of laugh-out-loud bad. I'm sure there are others who share this opinion. What is the funniest moment on the recording or from the show for that matter.

Personally, every time I hear the out-of-control and out of place electric guitar my side splits.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#2re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:37pm

The moment I laughed out loud when I say it, after many moments of biting my lip, was when Grace O'Malley gives birth to her baby then immediately gets up, picks up a sword and grunting and straining, half crawling on the floor, fights the men who are threatening to take over the ship.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:45pm

^ I hate when people say that though, because it actually happened. That's how it went down historically. She gave birth and then went out to fight. There were indeed many laughable moments during the show, but for me this was not one of them.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:52pm

Even if it did happen, if it wasn't staged properly and if it didn't make sense within the show, then I can see how people would have thought it was laughable. From the description it sounds pretty absurd, maybe if I had seen the show I would've found it believable though...

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:59pm

That track's pretty LOL.

I always chuckle when they sing "We're Ireland on this night" in "Here on This Night."

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#5re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 5:07pm

Can you understand Linda Balgord on the cd? I sure as hell couldn't in the theatre.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#6re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 5:17pm

Barely. And I could see her from Row G, she looked like she was trying so hard. Does her tongue go limp or something?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

DirtyRottenMemberName
#7re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 5:27pm

i have two:

when grace tells tiernan she is gonna bruise him, he is gonna be her bruise. gets me everytime!!

also when tiernan says to grace "my junk is you"

thevolleyballer
#8re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 5:43pm

DirtyRotten, that made me spit out my drink. Hahahahaha.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#10re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 7:43pm

Hee Hee Dirty Rotten..too funny!

Sargar
#11re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 7:48pm

ohh jeez...my mother was DYING for me to take her to see this for her birthday in July...thank god it closed before then! And luckily she is just as happy to go see "Curtains." :)

"Hey Joey McIntyre, is there a balcony in Madison Square Garden? Joey knows his venues a little better than me. That's okay...I have a bigger part on broadway...:)" -Idina Menzel

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#12re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:20pm

The funniest part to me, was when people who didn't even see the show bash it! Omg it was hilarious!!!

and p.s. DirtyRotten and Tobias that was effin' hilarious...not even sarcastic on that :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#13re: Funniest moment in The Pirate Queen cast recording.
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:22pm

This is what's so tragic about the Lestat CD never having been released. So many of us who never saw that show have lost a great opportunity to bash it.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Videos