News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TracyLord

TracyLord Profile Photo
Member Name: TracyLord
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Waitress Without Mueller  May 17 2016, 01:49:10 AM

"Jesse leaves the stage for maybe 90 seconds in WAITRESS. She's missed 2 shows in 3 months. "Questionable"? Give me a flipping break. She's one of the most dedicated performers working today. If you want to talk about "questionable" attendance, why not ask the lady at Studio 54 who's out often but still has time to perform at 54 Below?"

Did you finally realize that she isn't your BFF?

Charlotte Parry  Nov 18 2013, 07:03:43 PM
Can we just take a moment and appreciate her talent? I saw The Winslow Boy yesterday and she is remarkable in it.
EVITA national tour?  Jul 14 2013, 12:13:30 AM
Mamie auditioned to replace Elena in the revival...I think she would have been incredible.

Also, while she has been giving frequent concerts, Elena is still very pregnant. No child yet.

Evita Rush  Jan 21 2013, 02:52:49 AM
I substitute usher at the Marquis, and I have a friend who works on the show, so I have been around all of the Evita fans. They are an interesting group.

I can't believe the range of people who cry over any sort of acknowledgment from Ricky. I think every age group and gender is represented.

Most of Elena's obsessive fans are really young (like 14-16). There are, like, three college students. They are pretty self aware and have a sense of humor about the situation. Elena

A Response to Certain Comments About the Singing in Evita  Dec 8 2012, 03:51:05 PM
It's really sweet that they hired Christina's mom. I'm sure she loves getting to watch her daughter twice a week.

evita  Nov 28 2012, 09:30:19 PM
It's funny, I feel like everyone has seen a different production as I read discussions about the current revival of Evita.

This production is the closest I have seen to portraying Eva's complexities, both good and bad. I thought Elena Roger was absolutely unflinching in her portrayal. Her Eva is both sinner and saint, and by the end of the show, I was as confused as Che.

Now if only the show had some kind of dramatic struggle. We have a narrator and a protagonist that we are

How has the  Sep 1 2012, 11:16:11 AM
You'll probably miss Eva on the balcony during Goodnight and Thank You, and a couple of entrances. Most of the action plays pretty center.
Eden Espinosa as Evita?  Sep 1 2012, 03:01:10 AM
She was up for the role in the London Revival. She certainly has the vocal ability.
How has the  Sep 1 2012, 02:19:22 AM
There were only about 20 people in line today at 10:00 when the box office opened. I'm considering rushing Monday to try to catch Max as Che. I'm wondering if it will be a little crazier since Evita is one of the few shows playing on Labor Day.
Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?  Jul 25 2012, 02:47:28 PM
I worked as a stage door attendant for about six months. I came to the conclusion that most of the people who wait at the stage door are perfectly sane. They get their playbill signed, briefly chat with the actors, and go home happy. Perhaps they have a slightly unhealthy obsession with celebrity, but that is pretty normal in our culture. The repeat offenders, gift givers, BFF wannabes and such make up a small portion of the crowd, but they are LOUD.

I actually got my first job in NY

How much do kids on Broadway get paid? (If at all)  Jun 24 2012, 01:42:32 AM
Child wranglers are non-union and make about $700-$850 a week.
Wicked Contest  Jun 20 2012, 01:14:54 AM
Voted.
Evita question SPOILERS  Jun 19 2012, 11:23:31 AM
While Eva Peron may not have actually been sick during her "Rainbow Tour," I don't think, from a structural standpoint, that the musical would take the time to show us her collapsing if it wasn't meant to have dramatic significance. For that reason, I have always assumed that her fainting was the first sign of her illness. By the time we get to the Waltz, I think that she knows that she is not only sick, but also that she is dying.
Most boring musicals  Jun 16 2012, 05:46:32 PM
Meet Me In St. Louis is a snooze fest, probably due to it being essentially plotless. I agree with everyone who has said Phantom of the Opera. Christine is such an uninteresting heroine. I have never been able to bring myself to root for her. I remember being bored to death, as an eight year old, watching Of Thee I Sing. I think I would probably find a lot more to appreciate about it now.
Max vonEssen Evita Backstage Tour with a special Tony guest  Jun 16 2012, 05:39:27 PM
That video is all kinds of cute. Max Von Essen is really charming, and Elena is adorable, even sweaty.
Supporting Audra's rape joke.  Jun 11 2012, 08:54:21 PM
"To claim that you felt obligated to the sex without ever refusing to do it, to me, is not rape. It's a childish game people play."

What people? Are you citing a specific case?

Supporting Audra's rape joke.  Jun 11 2012, 08:49:20 PM
"And if you find yourself married to someone and have no desire to have sex, you owe it to your partner to get a divorce. You cannot expect someone to live their life not acting on basic animalistic sexual desires because you have weird issues. To expect them not to cheat on you, not to complain about lack of sex, and to not try to make you feel bad for fulfilling their desires is wrong on the most basic levels of humanity."

...and so, in this situation, raping the person with "weird is

Supporting Audra's rape joke.  Jun 11 2012, 05:23:37 PM
"Committing suicide is sadly not the same as ODing on drugs or them causing major body parts to fail because of uncontrollable consistent use."

Yes, it's very sad that all death isn't comparable.

"One's the result of obsession and the other the result of addiction. Sadly, one's controllable and the other isn't."

Depression isn't a choice. People don't wake up one day and decide to joyfully welcome suicidal thoughts into their mind. Yes, depression can be overcome, but

Supporting Audra's rape joke.  Jun 11 2012, 04:49:26 PM
"Rape happens and it's over."

Totally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-129105/Rape-girl-driven-suicide-ordeal-court.html

Elena  Jun 7 2012, 08:23:18 PM
With the exception of A New Argentina, I didn't have a problem with Elena's voice. She certainly isn't the best singer to have played the role, but she uses her voice well in her characterization. I thought her acting was phenomenal. Ambition and drive ooze off of her. Christina definitely sounds prettier, but her overall performance felt very "safe" to me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You