News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ceisen

Member Name: ceisen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Lieutenant (1975 Original Broadway Cast Recording) - Thought to be lost
 Dec 31 2018, 10:07:35 PM

Thanks so much for posting this! What a great find! I've been a cast album collector for years and never knew this was even recorded. If I remember correctly, it got fairly decent reviews but was overshadowed by the bigger musicals of that season, The Wiz and Shenandoah.

Thanks again-I can't wait to listen.

RIP, Paula Wayne (of
 Nov 12 2018, 10:22:55 PM

You may have been thinking of Paula Stewart in Wildcat who played Lucille Ball's younger sister. 

Paula Wayne's singing in Golden Boy was incredible. I've listened to those songs many many times over the years and never get tired hearing her voice.

Favorite book about the theater? Here are 15
 Aug 10 2017, 11:08:00 PM

What a great and very helpful thread!

I'm currently re-reading Backstage Pass to Broadway by Susan L. Schulman, a longtime press agent. The chapter about Lesley Ann Warren's behavior on the musical "Dream" is absolutely priceless. The book is very slim (under 200 pages) but filled with wonderful anecdotes about the people Schulman dealt with during her peak years.

I also love Not Since Carrie, The Season by William Goldman, all the Ethan Mordden books, all the

Theatre World Volume 70: 2013-2014
 Oct 21 2016, 01:12:40 PM

Does anyone know what's happened to Theatre World Volume 70: 2013-2014. I've been waiting almost two years for it to be released. Amazon recently removed the listing and just says "Unavailable". There's also no listing for it on Applause-Hal Leonard Books (the publisher). I called them and they said they couldn't find it in their database. Volume 71 is scheduled to ship in November. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Broadway: Beyond the Golden Age
 Sep 24 2016, 06:16:30 PM

About a year ago, I read that Rick McKay was having some serious health issues which certainly delayed his work on the film. I also donated to this project and my last email was back in January from Kickstarter. Rick talked about showing the film at the Palm Springs International Film Festival and said he was hoping that the DVD/BluRay/Streaming release would happen for the Holiday 2016 season.

Apparently the funding for archival and music rights has caused much of the delay.

Amazing Grace Cast Recording
 Feb 26 2016, 11:28:29 AM

For those who have already purchased the digital version, can you please tell me if there's a digital booklet that comes with it? There's no indication on iTunes-just a listing of 22 songs. Thanks@!

cast cd update
 Jun 22 2015, 04:44:53 PM

Where did you find the OBC of "Finding Neverland" on Amazon? The only recording I could find was the one with JLo, John Legend, etc?

2015 Tonys Available on iTunes?
 Jun 11 2015, 06:38:51 PM

Does the download include the entire Tony Awards show, complete with all the awards and acceptance speeches or is it just separate videos of all the musical numbers? Does it also include all the tech awards which were given off camera?

Sydney and Jake Lucas
 Jun 11 2015, 06:31:41 PM

Thanks for posting! That was delightful!! I guess it really dates me to say I fondly remember the original sung by Nancy Dussault in the Comden/Green/Styne musical, "Do Re Mi".

The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread
 Jun 7 2015, 09:59:40 PM

Catherine Zuber just won for costumes for The King and I

Finding Neverland
 Jun 7 2015, 02:39:30 PM

Does anyone know for sure whether there'll be an original cast album?

The album with the guest artists (Zendaya, JLo, John Legend, etc.) will be released on Tues (June 9) and I know the cast went into the recording studio soon after the opening to record the show, but there's been no mention on Amazon or anywhere about any release date for the cast album. I've looked everywhere but can't find any further info.

SOMETHING ROTTEN Cast Recording Only $3.49 on Amazon MP3
 Jun 5 2015, 06:12:34 PM

Many thanks for this! Can't beat the price!!

Worst Flop ever
 Jun 2 2015, 06:29:46 PM

Speaking of flops, back in 1981 after Annie had run there for 4 1/2 years, the following shows opened and closed in rapid succession (about 7 months) at the Alvin (now the Neil Simon) Theatre:

Merrily We Roll Along ( one of Sondheim's best scores ever)

The Little Prince and the Aviator

Little Johnny Jones

Do Black Patent Leather Shows Really Reflect Up?

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Frank Rich stated in his review in the NY Times 

Definitive
 May 28 2015, 02:55:18 PM

I'll add my vote for the Houston Grand Opera version. Nothing else comes even close!

New GIGI cast recording now available (Early digital release!)
 May 16 2015, 07:38:59 PM

Where did you find it on Spotify? I just looked under Gigi and under Vanessa Hudgens and couldn't find it. Is it for Spotify subscription only?

New 2-Disc ON THE 20TH CENTURY Recording Artwork & Tracklisting!
 May 7 2015, 09:23:47 PM

I got 20th Century yesterday and Fun Home today. Typical of PS Classics, the packaging is phenomenal for both. Huge booklets with tons of photos, lyrics and other assorted stuff. PS Classics and Ghostlight are the Columbia and RCA Victor of years past.

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 28 2015, 09:14:23 AM

It's very possible Carey Mulligan could win over Helen Mirren. She got amazing reviews for her work.

THE VISIT Reviews - Newsday
 Apr 23 2015, 09:43:24 PM

New York Daily News (I don't think anyone else posted this):

The Visit

by Joe Dziemianowicz

*** (out of 5)

Revenge is a dish served tepid in "The Visit."

The warmth hobbles this stark musical fable by John Kander, Fred Ebb and
Terrence McNally. With this team, the show is certainly worthwhile. But it
could really send shivers - and doesn't. "The Visit" pulls its punches.

A star vehicle for the indo

SOMETHING ROTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 10:13:44 PM

Maddie, I posted the url above for the Times. You should be able to get to the whole review from there.

SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews
 Apr 22 2015, 10:03:14 PM

Brantley in NY Times is lukewarm. Gee, what a surprise!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/theater/review-something-rotten-an-over-the-top-take-on-shakespeare.html?ref=arts

Actually, after reading the entire review, it sounds much more like a pan.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You