News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for zannafan

zannafan Profile Photo
Member Name: zannafan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theater related Halloween costumes?
 Oct 10 2004, 09:47:08 AM
Any ideas or examples of what you've done in the past?
Nic

re: Caroline help
 Oct 9 2004, 10:36:52 PM
I really can't thank you all enough for the encouragement. Right now I'm at my boyfriend's and don't have the cd here, but as soon as I get home I plan on devoting a little more time to it. I am glad that you have steered me a little to how I should listen to it. THanks for the advice.
Nick

Caroline help
 Oct 9 2004, 09:16:38 AM
Hey folks,
This week I just bought Caroline or Change. I listened to the whole thing, but it kinda wasn't doing anything for me. Could someone possibly send me some encouragement to stick with it. I mean, I love the Radio songs but I'm kinda not feeling a lot of the other stuff. What songs should I really pay attention to? Any words of wisdom about this recording?
Nick

UK websites
 Oct 9 2004, 09:08:59 AM
I get scared when people say soundtrack because I think of the barrage of negativity they will receive and how they might just not know. I wonder if someone has ever said soundtrack and NOT gotten thoroughly criticized for it. Ahhh, what would it be like if people were so critical??? One can only wonder.
Nick

re: AHHHHHHH! People in the audience singing during a show!!
 Sep 18 2004, 10:31:51 AM
I think it would be cool if they had a RENT benefit performance where people could go and sing along. I think a lot of people would go, and hopefully that would stop people from being annoying during the regular performances.
Nick

re: Worst 'Musical' expierences
 Aug 25 2004, 09:42:07 AM
My worst experience was seeing a (terrible) high school production of Footloose the musical.

Don't get me wrong, there were a few people who could actually sing, but the kid playing Ren had obviously never done anything with theater, music, or being in front of people. His voice was not good, although that role requires at least some vocal talent.

The thing that takes the cake is that for the last number, they sang along to the cast recording. My mom leaned over to me and s

Prodigal
 Aug 22 2004, 05:44:48 PM
I'm desperately looking for the lyrics to "Prodigal". Can anyone possibly direct me to where I can find them. I have looked on various lyric sites and have not been successful.

Thanks,
Nick

re: What do you guys think about William Finn?
 Aug 15 2004, 02:06:13 PM
I was just on here looking at the message board while my boyfriend sleeps, but I could NOT help but login so I could reply. I am so happy that other people love Finn as much as I do. He writes some of the best, most touching songs I have ever heard. The "Goodbye/Boom Boom" song makes me cry EVERYY time I hear it.

Infinite Joy is also a beautiful recording. I just love his music. Norm Lewis singing "Anytime" makes me just melt.

I also have A New Brain, March of the Falset

re: If given the chance to be any role in any musical...
 Jul 31 2004, 09:13:31 AM
Gordon in A New Brain or Tank in Zanna, Don't!
re: A New Brain
 Jun 27 2004, 10:33:26 PM
It's about this guy who thinks he has a brain tumor and about how he and his family and friends cope with the idea of him dying. I really enjoy it. I think William Finn does not get the credit he deserves.

If you love A New Brain, check out the Infinite Joy CD. It has some New Brain songs on it.

Nick

re: CAST RECORDING
 Jun 27 2004, 10:24:24 PM
I would say Prodigal, tick tick BOOM or Zanna, Don't!
Let's Dance!
 Jun 22 2004, 10:08:53 AM
The other day I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if they made a cd with dance remixes of Broadway songs. I think there are some fun songs that would be great club hits if they were mixed with a dance beat. Listening to Zanna, Don't! and hearing the Blow Winds song made me think of this.

Maybe I'm a dork, but tell me what you think.

Nick

re: Broadway Songs that Give You Chills
 Jun 21 2004, 10:02:25 AM
Well the only one I can really think of that is not a repeat of what every else said is "Anytime" either from Elegies: A Song Cycle or Infinite Joy. Hearing Carolee Carmello or Norm Lewis sing that song totally gives me chills.
Nick

re: FUNNIEST MOMENT EVER
 Jun 17 2004, 08:41:10 AM
I can't narrow it down to one moment, but seeing the off-broadway production of Debbie Does Dallas was the most that I have ever laughed while at the theater. Basically nothing can top a p*rno-spoof. Loved loved loved it.
Nick

Broadway Hokey Pokey: Put one show in, take one show out
 Jun 17 2004, 08:39:00 AM
I would throw out Mamma Mia, Beauty and The Beast, and The Lion King

I would throw in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (early because I canNOT wait to see Sherie Rene Scott), any new show by Jason Robert Brown, and Zanna, Don't! (which I heard is returning, but I want to see it now).

Ah, it's nice to dream.
Nick

re: Favorite Avenue Q lines
 Jun 17 2004, 08:34:00 AM
My favorite would most likely be "watching a fratboy realize just what he put his d@#k in"

I'm sure there are more quotes I can't think of right now. They'll come to me.

Nick

re: Your Broadway Favorites
 Jun 17 2004, 08:31:04 AM
1) Favorite Musicals--Zanna, Don't!, tick,tick...BOOM! Prodigal

2) Favorite Songs--Come To Your Senses, Heart and Music, I Think We Got Love, Brand New Eyes

3) Favorite Plays--Lend Me A Tenor, Corpus Christi

4) Favorite Composers--William Finn, Jason Robert Brown

5) Actors--Raul Esparza, Christopher Sieber, Robb Sapp

6) Actresses--Sherie Rene Scott, Kerry Butler, Carolee Carmello, Mary Testa

re: speak ill of the wicked
 Jun 16 2004, 08:47:35 AM
I think Flowery Friend brings up a great point. She (judging by her picture) enjoys Wicked but is annoyed at the Wicked fans. I can definitely say that there are shows I like, but the people who obsess over them tend to drive me insane (can you say "RENT"?). People who tend to obsess over shows really end up repeating themselves and rarely say anything intelligent when discussing the shows they love.

Personally, I have only heard the score to Wicked and I do enjoy it. But PLEASE jus

Gorgeous Broadway Actors
 Jun 11 2004, 09:13:56 AM
As I have been reading this thread, I have the BIGGEST smile on my face. It's just a great, breezy thread. Two of my favorites are DEFINITELY Robb Sapp and John Tartaglia are my two favs. At the tony's John was so cute I just love his facial expressions as he sings.

I sort of have this thing I do whenever I go see a show. I usually crush on one of the chorus members and stare at him through the entire show. The only show I saw where I couldn't find anyone to fawn over was Millie.

re: Yet another post about Wicked
 Jun 11 2004, 09:03:38 AM
HAHA. That is too funny. Interestingly enough, I was viewing some more reviews and came up with one about Rent that included the phrase "I hated every single audience-insulting moment of it."

I thought to myself, "self, that phrase sounds familiar". Upon closer examination, I found that the same person has used that phrase in more than one review. I thought it was funny.

To whomever you are, as much as you complain about a lack of variety in musicals, I'm complaining about

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You