News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for divarobbie2

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
Member Name: divarobbie2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.ghostlightdesign.com/
Occupation: Graphic Designer of cast albums, semi-reliable twitterer
Profile: Producer and designer of cast albums and theatre vocalist albums.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Mar 28 2022, 06:51:26 PM

In the workshop, Merlyn was played by Myra Lucretia Taylor, Pellinore was played by K. Todd Freeman and Morgan was played by Gloria Reuben.

Mar 28 2022, 04:45:22 PM

Ashley Park was Guenevere in the workshop. She may have tv/film commitments, though, so who can say?

Mar 28 2022, 04:39:19 PM

It's definitely a strong cast. Not sure who will be retained for Broadway, but that was the workshop (November 15-19, 2021).

CSC’s ASSASSINS to receive cast album
 Mar 18 2022, 10:09:12 AM

As an update, the album is now on iTunes / Apple Music!

https://geo.music.apple.com/us/album/assassins-the-2022-off-broadway-cast-recording/1614294844?itsct=music_box_link&itscg=30200&at=10l8Nk&ls=1&app=music

CSC’s ASSASSINS to receive cast album
 Mar 18 2022, 09:38:55 AM

Hi there... Robbie from Broadway Records here. For some reason, Apple is taking their sweet time ingesting it into their system, which is wildly frustrating. It is, however, everywhere else - here's a handy link of everywhere you can get it, that is updated as other platforms ingest.

https://www.broadwayrecords.com/assassins-1

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE 2021 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Dec 17 2021, 09:00:52 AM

Hi all, Robbie from Broadway Records here. Our digital aggregator messed up the metadata after the album was submitted, causing actors names to jump up one song randomly throughout the album - we are working closely with them to get that fixed immediately. If you bought the album on iTunes, it should change itself automatically when it does. The same aggregator somehow did not deliver to Apple Music, but it should have. It should appear there soon.

cast cd that are coming out
 Jul 6 2020, 10:14:07 PM

Most printing plants are closed (and the rest converted to making PPE), which is what is delaying CDs at this time. Once they re-open, CDs will begin printing again, and you will get them.

Kickstarter for Marin Mazzie & Jason Danieley CD
 Oct 16 2019, 03:31:06 PM

This album comes out Friday, and BWW has a first listen to a song.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Exclusive-Marin-Mazzie-and-Jason-Danieley-Sing-Our-Love-Is-Here-to-Stay-on-Live-Album-20191016

Is a Toni Colette led MAME Revival Coming?
 Jun 27 2019, 03:08:56 PM

Just what I'm hearing...

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
 Jun 8 2019, 05:53:05 PM

Only Laura's vocals are new. 

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
 Jun 8 2019, 02:30:09 PM

FYI, Laura's EP is up on iTunes and Spotify as of yesterday.

!
 Jan 5 2019, 10:33:55 AM

There is an excellent complete cast album from the first time they did it at Encores in 1995, with Tyne Daly, Melissa Errico, Ken Page, Christopher Durang, Walter Charles, etc. It's available everywhere, including Spotify.

Broadway Records to release MY FAIR LADY cast album
 Jun 8 2018, 11:07:05 PM

The album cost upwards of $300,000 - streaming would not help it pay back at all. Spotify pays between $0.001 and $0.007 per stream, so with the typical Broadway cast album costing an average between $250,000 and $500,000, 100 million streams are necessary to recoup its production costs – without paying the costs of royalties for the show or songwriters or distribution. Of the approximately 320 million people living in the United States, one-third of the population would have to st

Jun 8 2018, 03:06:52 PM

For those of you interested, Vulture has a first listen stream of the album through Monday. Enjoy!

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/first-listen-my-fair-lady-revivals-broadway-cast-recording.html

Jun 7 2018, 08:04:17 PM

We don't post on Spotify within (at least) the first year, generally — with rare exceptions.

Jun 7 2018, 06:22:49 PM

It will be available on iTunes and Amazon MP3 at (or around) midnight.

May 30 2018, 05:21:40 PM

1. OVERTURE
2. WHY CAN’T THE ENGLISH?
3. WOULDN’T IT BE LOVERLY?
4. WITH A LITTLE BIT OF LUCK
5. I’M AN ORDINARY MAN
6. JUST YOU WAIT
7. THE RAIN IN SPAIN
8. I COULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT
9. ASCOT GAVOTTE
10. ON THE STREET WHERE YOU LIVE
11. THE EMBASSY WALTZ
12. YOU DID IT
13. SHOW ME
14. THE FLOWER MARKET
15. GET ME TO THE CHURCH ON TI

May 30 2018, 05:12:17 PM

I work hard. ¯\_(?)_/¯

theatretenor2 said: "Whoa. Fastest shipping I've ever seen. Ordered literally 30 minutes ago. Shipped already."

May 30 2018, 10:12:18 AM

We recorded the album at Power Station (formerly Avatar) in two studios - one for the orchestra, and one for the vocals.

Mr. Nowack said: "WOW what a beautiful recording. That overture is one of the most sumptuous things put to a cast album in many a year. It has an openness that so few modern recordings have, whether the reverberation is natural or syntheticit sounds great.

Where was it recorded?
"

May 29 2018, 09:47:16 PM

@Miles2Go2 - no, Amazon won't ship until release date. Only our website (broadwayrecords.com) ships early.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You