News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for almostxfamous

almostxfamous Profile Photo
Member Name: almostxfamous
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Andy Karl Wins 'Broadway's Sexiest Man Alive!'
 Nov 15 2010, 01:58:05 AM
Amen. Andy Karl is a sexy, sexy man. While he's too good for those Fiyero pants, they look fantastic on him.
best rock musicals written for the stage?
 Apr 22 2010, 02:13:05 PM
Hedwig and the Angry Inch is great. I second Bright Lights as well.
AMERICAN IDIOT CAST ALBUM #2 ON iTunes
 Apr 22 2010, 01:57:49 PM
Show albums almost never end up in the top ten, let alone in the top 3. It's good that it has the crossover for people to buy the album, and hopefully it will get people to go see the show. I'm really interested in seeing it; the cast is so talented.
Some Koberrific conversation
 Aug 17 2009, 12:41:18 AM
Jumping in here to say HELLO! saw the show on Wednesday, died and fell in love. Sad I didn't get to see Gavin, but Paris!Claude was wonderful. It was Will that completely stole the show for me. It was beautiful, though, period. Needed to jump in on the love.

Highlight was Darius climbing up the rows in the orchestra at the end belting it out and holding people's hands.

I must must must go back and see Gavin. Must.

re: List of planned movie-musicals?
 Jul 1 2009, 10:21:20 PM
Especially since Zac Efron dropped out because he didn't want to do another musical, I'd say it's a musical. Chace Crawford is like Zac Efron is you squint and tilt your head, but we'll see if he can sing. Julianne Hough is fierce with a capital F, so let's hope she can sing, too. At least you know the dancing will be good, on her end at least.
re: List of planned movie-musicals?
 Jul 1 2009, 10:21:19 PM
Especially since Zac Efron dropped out because he didn't want to do another musical, I'd say it's a musical. Chace Crawford is like Zac Efron is you squint and tilt your head, but we'll see if he can sing. Julianne Hough is fierce with a capital F, so let's hope she can sing, too. At least you know the dancing will be good, on her end at least.
re: 'Don't Stop Believin': Glee Vs. Rock of Ages
 May 27 2009, 01:52:07 AM
I love them both so so much.

Still, I have a ridiculous love for James Carpinello. So right now, I'm gonna say ROA. But they're basically even, so it could switch at any point.

re: If your Favorite Television Show was a Musical, who would you Cast?
 May 19 2009, 03:14:14 PM
I'm in love with the idea of Scrubs and Andy Karl as the Janitor. Thank you.

Most of my favorite shows would never work as musicals. Supernatural as a musical would be amusing to see, though.

I Love Lucy could be a masterpiece.

I have no ideas right now, but everyone's ideas are really interesting.

re: Ziemba, Lenox, and Walsh to Star in FIRST WIVES CLUB
 May 15 2009, 04:51:20 PM
Meh. Boring. I like Barbara Walsh, but otherwise, underwhelmed.
re: ANOTHER Nine Preview!!!!!!!
 May 15 2009, 02:30:00 AM
It looks great.

Though as part of my weird self, as it opened I went, "...This is not an Altar Boyz movie."

re: STAGE TUBE: LIVE with Regis and Kelly Visits 'ROCK OF AGES'!
 May 2 2009, 02:25:42 AM
I feel like I want to bone James Carpinello even when he's dressed like that.

I kind of buried my head the whole time. That was embarrassing for me. But cute, I suppose. Amy is adorable.

re: Stephanie J. Block On Perez
 Apr 30 2009, 11:27:26 AM
The people who comment on Perez's posts are some of the most uneducated, small-minded people that exist. I think she sounds great, if pulling back a bit. Still, it gives the song a softer quality, which is refreshing. Not everything needs to be a show stopper. Maybe Perez is becoming more involved with Broadway now that he barely writes anything on it. Good job to his writers!
re: Neil Haskell To Join Cast of 'Altar Boyz' as Luke
 Apr 7 2008, 04:29:24 PM
I am dying a little bit. I wanted him to win so badly slash I was absolutely in love with him.

I'm apparently going to have to revisit that show now. Is there any word on how long he'll be with the show?

re: Boston Dialect Paper...HELP!
 Mar 31 2008, 09:55:12 PM
I don't know if you have to use an actor, but there is one play that uses South Boston accents and gives the phoenetically so the actors can speak it correctly. The title is escaping me, but the title has South Boston in it.
re: Boston Dialect Paper...HELP!
 Mar 31 2008, 08:45:50 PM
I think the accents in The Departed and Good Will Hunting are both good examples. I don't think there are as many play options as there are film options.
re: Great One-Act Plays - HELP!
 Mar 31 2008, 08:16:33 PM
Not the most challenging show ever, but I'm currently preparing to direct Hard Candy by Jonathan Rand. It's hilarious, and s o much fun. It runs about 25-30 minutes, with a 6-11 person cast, depending on whether or not you decide to double cast.
re: Best Picture Nominees as Musicals?
 Jan 27 2008, 01:25:06 AM
I'm with ray and IdinaBell, Atonement would only work as a musical if it was the kind of epic tragic love story it should be. Along the lines of Light in the Piazza in terms of score, almost operatic and soaring music.

It could be beautiful.

re: Blog #6 from Richard Blake
 Dec 26 2007, 12:41:06 AM
How does Santa fit down those chimneys?? We all know he's not watching his calorie intake, and he ain't no svelte Richard Blake. How does that even work?

What are the best and worst presents you've ever received? And think hard, because that 'I can't think of one' thing is absolutely false.

What's your favorite Christmas movie that never stops being played around the holidays?

re: Musicals With Small Casts (or shows that can be done with a small cast)
 Dec 10 2007, 04:57:44 PM
Songs for a New World, which was done with four people.
re: It's official...Gallagher leaving SA
 Dec 7 2007, 11:27:25 PM
Blake Bashoff was one two episodes of One Tree Hill and five of Lost. Doesn't necessarily make him a start. He kind of looks like Ellen Page with short hair.

The only thing I know him from is You're Invited to Mary Kate and Ashley's School Dance Party.

Sad John's leaving, though. I never did get around to going to see it. Eh, oh well.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You