News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JamesBroadwayWiner

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
Member Name: JamesBroadwayWiner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
 May 20 2015, 09:14:10 PM

Yeah, sorry, she had an allergy attack (idk where I got asthma from). But that was my point anyway: that she couldn't go on for atlanta opening night. The next night, she only did half the show.

The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...
 Apr 30 2015, 05:09:32 PM

*does not in any way

The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...
 Apr 30 2015, 04:44:34 PM

I hardly think it's a case of simple math. Just because Kristin and Chita have Tonys and Kelli does not in no way proves that Kelli will get it.

Rear Mezz Experience in the Barrymore
 Apr 30 2015, 11:01:37 AM

The view was just fine. Actually is was in some ways better than sitting orchestra because you can see some of the things he draws on the stage floor more clearly. But the sound quality was not great in the back. I often had to work quite hard to hear them, and I'm young. 

Dream Hedwigs
 Apr 22 2015, 09:42:08 AM

Kyle Dean Massey! Or Billy Porter

Rent vs Hedwig
 Apr 22 2015, 09:41:25 AM

Hedwig may have a less linear plot, and I love Rent, but some things in Rent are a little ridiculous. Like the fact that they feel so entitled to not pay their rent. That's never made sense to me, even though they had a bone to pick with Benny, they still should have recognized that they need to pay their rent. 

Best Revival of a Musical
 Apr 17 2015, 05:19:59 PM

I think people have assumed through the whole season that On The Town will at least get a nomination. 

Can ricky ubeda act?
 Mar 29 2015, 10:19:54 PM
He may not be a classically trained actor, but if you watched him on SYTYCD, then you know he is very theatrical and can act through dance extraordinarily well.
Cast recordings in lobby
 Mar 29 2015, 06:28:35 PM
I would think that most people would get the album on itunes rather than buying a physical copy
8 Theatre Podcasts You Should Be Listening To - Playbill
 Mar 28 2015, 03:07:47 PM
I just discovered The Ensemblist through this article and and already love it!
Name Your Pet Peeves/Mild Annoyances of the Current Theatre Season
 Mar 28 2015, 02:32:43 PM
I wish that On The Town, On the 20th Century, and An American In Paris were not in the same season. They all seem too similar! If they were each during separate seasons, I'd see all of them!
Fun Home Previews
 Mar 28 2015, 02:18:57 PM
I got tickets to see it in a couple of weeks. I got last row since they were $75. Do you think they will be ok seats? I've never been to The Circle in the Square but I assumed since it was smaller that last row would be pretty good
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Mar 27 2015, 03:18:02 PM
I think Into the Woods (as a show) is really boring, annoying, and not very well put together. (I enjoyed the movie though, which is a testament to how good it was)
Fish in the Dark - Why No Late Seating?
 Mar 27 2015, 03:13:26 PM
I love this policy but as someone else already said, I do feel very bad for the ushers. I'm sure its not fun to deal with latecomers' reactions to not being let in.
Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
 Mar 27 2015, 03:01:28 PM
I like the idea. I dont think that there is anything particularly special about doing the lottery in person. The times I have tried, it has always been so stressful and nerve-racking. It's great that you dont have to leave home and waste 1/2 hour of your day to not win tickets.
Kinky Boots Set Design
 Mar 26 2015, 12:51:59 AM
That's great! Would you ever make one for Wicked?
Best staged number in theatre history?
 Mar 26 2015, 12:50:58 AM
I would say Defying Gravity. I know that Wicked is a bit of a cliche, but there is a reason for that. The flying portion is incredibly creative and effective. I mean it when I say that no moment in any other show ever makes me feel the way Defying Gravity makes me feel. It petrifies me every time.
Deduction about the tonys
 Mar 23 2015, 08:30:18 PM
Well, Kinky Boots is much better than Matilda and deserved the Tony (imo) and the voters saw that. Avenue Q I don't think should have won over Wicked. Maybe they realized Wicked didn't need a Tony and wanted to be nice by giving it to Avenue Q?
Something Rotten Previews
 Mar 22 2015, 11:31:37 AM
I'll be seeing it about 2 weeks!
Urinetown OBC recording
 Mar 21 2015, 12:15:24 AM
This is a random question, but I just noticed that the OBC album for Urinetown says that it was released in 1990. Can this be true? This show was done in 2001, right?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You