News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for green_duck

green_duck Profile Photo
Member Name: green_duck
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Add Your predictions of imminent closings.
 Aug 20 2005, 05:00:00 PM
Chitty is out.

So's Lennon. Too bad, I wanted to see that too.

Sorry for the tough break brdwyman

re: Top 5 musicals to see right now....
 Aug 20 2005, 04:50:30 PM
Wicked
Spamalot
Piazza
Bee (apparently the book is better than the score)
DRS

re: musicals only you seem to dislike
 Jul 7 2005, 02:38:05 AM
West Side Story
CATS

and OMG *gasp* Sweeney Todd *rollseyes*

Not that I've lost hope. I'm praying that one day I see a cast that makes me enjoy it. Hey, fourth time's a charm... right?

re: Shows That Will NEVER Be Done By High Schools
 Jul 6 2005, 01:57:45 AM
I go to a performing arts school as well and we're always looking for things that people don't expect us to do.

Unfortunately next year looks like 'CATS' Which everyone is loathing because we all hate the show. But our principle wants it >.<

And our entire department is full of boys who'd flip over backwards (literally) to do 'La Cage...' but the girls would throw a fit at not having any parts.

Further more, I just saw a high school do 'Pageant' so I suppose not all bo

re: Thoroughly Modern Millie national tour itinerary
 Jul 2 2005, 06:07:36 AM
What?! If they can go to flippin' RENO, they can go to VEGAS. What crap. I hope those added dates include my city.

*pouts*

Thanks for the updates! :o)

re: what was your first broadway experience?
 Jun 29 2005, 03:21:46 PM
Hairspray, 2002, when I was 15

It was the first time I'd ever been to New York too, so it was all a very overwhelming experience.

I remember being somewhat disappointed in the show, though I don't recall why. Harvey was hilarious...

re: BWAY needs a cable channel
 Jun 29 2005, 01:12:54 PM
amen!
re: Never used an understudy?
 Jun 28 2005, 05:19:43 PM
Oh wow. I can't believe I didn't hear about that before. I guess I've really fallen out of the "wicked" obsession circles.

well, I guess I would have found out anyway, seeing as I'm going to 'bewitched' in about two hours

thanks guys for setting me straight!

re: Which is the Cast Recording you're never tired of ?
 Jun 28 2005, 05:18:01 PM
Surprisingly enough, i've never gotten tired of Wicked. the score is just amazing to me and even after a good 16 months of having the CD, I can still find some new little thing every now and then that I didn't catch before. I love it more for the orchestration than the singing now though.

I've been listening to Tick...tick...Boom! since early April and still love it, but that doesn't really count as a musical that's stood the test of time with me. I'd have to love it for a good year bef

re: Never used an understudy?
 Jun 28 2005, 05:09:29 PM
I don't think Carole is in Bewitched. I only know of Kristin being involved. I could be wrong though...
re: Which is better?
 Jun 14 2005, 04:01:14 PM
listening to the OBCR first definitely. That way i become familiar with the story and the characters. I don't have to waste any time trying to figure out what's going on.
re: Wicked... should I or shouldn't I?
 Jun 14 2005, 03:59:58 PM
I agree, it's a shame that abunch of younger kids have ruined the allure of Wicked, but if you can bring yourself to look past all that, it truly is a wonderful musical. The score is absolutely phenomenal, and although the plot is lacking, the story is great. The set is amazing, the costumes, the talent... If for nothing else, see it so you can have an opinion. But I promise it's worth the price.
re: tony parties?
 Jun 5 2005, 04:21:56 PM
Dirty Rotten- I hear ya, I'm still in school too and NO ONE is letting us kids have a party 'cause we 'have to get up early for finals' *rollseyes* what bull. Don't they know that the Tony's are more important than studying? lmao.

But I'll still be watching tonight... all alone... with my ice cream. lol

Have fun everyone!

re: six degrees of seperation
 May 25 2005, 10:06:46 PM
Robert Morse to Elizabeth Ashley

(without using that they were Tony winners the same year)

you guys rock this game!

Current Role
 May 24 2005, 01:01:19 AM
I was a reporter in 'Native Son' which closed last week.

Gem- I'm auditioning for 'Anatomy of Grey' next school year!

But for now, it's all about the colleges. Cattle call anyone?

May 24 2005, 12:59:39 AM
Of course you can doll!
re: Laramie project
 May 23 2005, 08:52:15 PM
I have to comment. end of story.

I did 'Laramie' at my school (hence the icon) and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I got to play Marge, Sherry A., and about six others. It's incredibly moving and very emotional. I truly hope you get cast because this experience will be a huge growing point and highlight of your life. It was for me.

I suggest doing something from 'Angels in America' not just because it's mentioned in the play, but also because the general feel of

May 23 2005, 08:38:53 PM
hot!

Lesse. Unless anyone's got any others, let's try...

Jerry Dixon to Howard Keel

you guys are great at this

May 23 2005, 03:45:41 PM
How 'bout Marlon Brando to Stephani D'Abruzzo?
 May 23 2005, 03:38:11 AM
unbelievable.

okay, your turn to give one

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You