BWAY needs a cable channel

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#0BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:30pm

with Behind the scenes specials, screenings of musicals, making of cast recordings, interviews, news specials.

I mean, if outdoor hunting can have it's own channel, why can't good old Broadway??!?!?!?

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

apdarcey
#1re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:31pm

i agree.

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#2re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:49pm

Forshizzle. Let's take up a petition or something.
and they could play the movies of the shows...that would be good too.

and...if exercise,shopping networks, daily masses and video games all get their own channels, why not broadway

Was that a fat joke?

green_duck Profile Photo
green_duck
#3re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:12pm

amen!

because when it's theatre, nothing else matters

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#4re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:17pm

I fifth the motion! They have a radio channel, but I want live action and real people.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#5re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:12pm

I have IO cable and Broadway.com has a channel where you can watch some of the videos, see short summaries of shows playing and purchase tickets...Its hopelessly inadequate and only makes me angry whenever I lower myself to visit it...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

incendiary_wit
#6re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:16pm

At least it's something...pathetic as it is.

What channel and is it nationwide?

4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#7re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:17pm

...and if they had a BWAY channel, they could run old Tony shows, or (perish the thought) host the Tonys, and then they could be long and drawn out, just like the #$%@ Oscars!

"Not a day goes by..."

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#8re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:17pm

Sign me up! I don't live in NY, so my cast recordings and this board are the closest I can get to Bway

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#9re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:18pm

YAY FOR A BROADWAY CHANNEL!!!

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#10re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:21pm

Let's do it ! Who would we contact though?

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

incendiary_wit
#11re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:23pm

and it would need to be national for those of us not blessed to live in New York.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#12re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:38pm

I love it!

They could have a diary type show and follow a different Bway star each week. Chatterbox could air their weekly episodes. And there could be an kinda E! show where they cover the the different benefits and events and give the Tonys coverage it deserves. Oooooooh, and for people who can't make it to New York, they can have a weekly or monthly event where you pay to see a live telecast of a Broadway show. That way they could pay for the channel and people can see shows that are sold-out. If only, huh?

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#13re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:38pm

I wish there was an internet site where you could choose a currently running show and view it's television commercial. Seems like a simple thing to accomplish unless there are some union snags.

wickedbway Profile Photo
wickedbway
#14re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:54pm

DEFINITELY! And I second the motion that we create a petition and send it to someone! I'm sick of hoping for movies of old musicals to pop up on tv. I want access to it 24/7!

LuvBroadwayHugs
#15re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:08pm

The IO broadway channel is waste--it could be so much more! Let's riot =D

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#16re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:08pm

I agree.

I have been saying forever they should make a reality show that follows the production of a show...

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#17re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:27pm

Totally agree. MTV has their videos and stuff BWAY needs a channel.

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#18re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:49pm

absolutley!

FosseBoi
#19re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:54pm

I WANT MY BWAY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

jam_man
#20re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:02pm

How about, Broadway World TV! They'd show archive footage from Lincoln Center, have pay-per-view specials on special nights of some shows, have profiles of stars and pioneers of the American Theatre, and have a weekly show hosted by Ridel and a few other critics about weather or not Andrew Lloyd Webber and Monty Python is ruining the American Musical. And once a year, they could have a Top 50 or 100 list of facets of musicals (i.e., Top 50 Scores of All-Time)!

Where's Ted Turner when you need him!

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#21re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:05pm

Seriously - what do you need to do to create something like this? ROB???

"Not a day goes by..."

tkts
#22re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:08pm

Not a chance in hell any company would throw money away on a small niche channel like a Broadway channel would be. Be happy with A&E.

Cake or death?

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#23re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:12pm

Who did the hunting channel suck up to...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#24re: BWAY needs a cable channel
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:15pm

What does ROB need to get this started?

Other than about fifty million dollars?

Videos