News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MissJennifer

Member Name: MissJennifer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 1 2021, 06:32:59 PM

"I forgot why I called you." "I'll wait till you remember." Another direct Romeo and Juliet callback! laugh

Nov 27 2021, 03:33:57 PM

Anybody else pick up on the fact that Maria's "by the book" line in her first scene with Tony is a direct callback to one of Juliet's in HER first scene with Romeo? ("You kiss by th'book." Kushner's done his homework, all right...

Sep 23 2021, 09:15:28 AM

As much as I love the stage version, the movie's version of "Cool" is far more powerful...it seems more of a release AFTER the rumble than before, with all the fear, anger and stress of the deadly fight being purged in that jaw-dropping dance. 

Sep 18 2021, 11:00:35 PM

SpiritualGangster said: "The scene in the trailer where Bernardo refers to the apartment as his leads me to believe that Bernardo and Maria share it and that they do not live with their parents or that Bernardo and Anita live together and Maria is rooming with them perhaps?"

I noticed this myself. It seems as if Maria's parents might not be in the picture in this version, but if that's the case I think it works pretty well. It ratchets up the impact of the mu

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
 Dec 4 2021, 12:22:09 AM

Exactly. Five million might not seem like much when compared to 18 million, but numbers are down across the board for live TV as opposed to streaming. It was still the top-rated non-NFL program of the night. 

For the most part, I loved it, bald cap and all. (C'mon, Harry, Albert Finney and Victor Garber shaved their heads, you couldn't do the same?) But the thing with Miss Hannigan in the end was awfully jarring. I know that a couple of adaptations (if you can even call the 2014 version an "adaptation" seem to want to redeem Miss Hannigan, but at least these versions gave some motivation. Carol Burnett's Hannigan had a change of heart when she realized she didn't want Annie DEAD no matter how much she disliked her, and Cameron Diaz' Hannigan--as lousy as this movie was--had a backstory that explained her choices and mistakes, as well as her desperation to be back on "Easy Street" after her early fame. But there was no motivation here, no buildup--we were supposed to believe Hannigan was just going to turn on her brother when they were on the verge of a huge payout. And Warbucks already KNEW Rooster and Lily were frauds, so it had no impact on the plot anyway! What was going on here? It was the only real blot on a nice evening. 

Warchus' A Christmas Carol to play LA/SF
 Nov 30 2021, 09:58:07 AM

Think it will make Philadelphia next Christmas? 

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
 Nov 14 2021, 10:09:03 AM

Regarding how much of Harold Gray is left in the show after all these revisions...

With all due respect to these posters and to Gray, the original stage show had wandered far afield from Gray's original strip even in its earliest form. Gray would have spit NAILS if he'd seen a show based on his work that presented FDR and the New Deal in a sympathetic light, and even had a song praising the New Deal...he hated FDR and his New Deal like poison! It seemed every other strip in the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You