News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BCfitasafiddle

Member Name: BCfitasafiddle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  May 13 2024, 10:19:16 AM

I am so thrilled for Kelli.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  May 2 2024, 11:58:54 AM

Finally made a return visit to Fleet Street on Sunday. I thought Sutton was absolutely remarkable, Aaron was horribly mediocre. Not great, not bad. Just a lot of missed potential. What was that accent? Why did he talk so slowly the entire show? It was a miss for me. Everyone else was in great shape, ensemble and pit included. 

Yet again, Sutton proves why she is the best at what she does. Each line is a full meal. AND! She sounded wonderful. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:17:20 PM

Count me in on Team Kelli for the win. Compared to every other category, her performance is a cut above. She was lucky to have the best material of any of them, but combine that with her talent, the fact that she birthed the idea for the project, and her being universally adored in the community. 

Two-time Tony Award Winner Kelli O'Hara. Let's go!!!

Tony Awards Eligibility 2023-2024  Apr 20 2024, 11:51:47 AM

I could see Taub gaining momentum for leading actress. 

As for featured, I feel about Bebe winning for Cabaret the same way I felt about Patti winning for Company. It's just a no-brainer for a great lady of the stage playing an iconic role to win their third Tony in a role that has never won before. 

That being said, featured categories are always going to have some unexpected people thrown in.

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 03:21:03 PM

The8re phan said: "Now I can't unsee Rachel Bay Jones as Sally, and pray for a full-flegged revival with her"

With Benanti as Phylis. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 19 2024, 03:19:25 PM

Is Eden back in? I'm going tomorrow and she's really the only reason I'm seeing the show. 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 12:55:10 PM

This cast, 30 piece orchestra, original choreography!!

I LOVE that the Kimberly Akimbo kids are in this.

An Enemy of the People - Standing Room  Apr 19 2024, 12:33:55 PM

Maybe I'm ill-informed. Is there not a regular buy SRO system at the box office before the performance? Is SRO only done through the lottery?

Next to Normal Broadway Revival?  Apr 19 2024, 12:32:54 PM

Roundabout could pick this up, similar to Caroline or Change. Another Caissie connection. 

I would still love for Rachel Bay Jones to get another crack at it after the Kennedy Center production a few years back. Felt a little undercooked at the time. 

An Enemy of the People - Standing Room  Apr 19 2024, 12:20:44 PM

Has anyone been able to get in this way? Thinking of doing it next week for a matinee. Any insight on others' experiences would be appreciated! 

Doubt - Rush Tickets??  Apr 16 2024, 11:29:37 AM

Is it true that Doubt actually is offering in-person rush tickets? I've seen videos talking about it, but their rush is not publicized anywhere so I'm unsure. 

I never have luck with TodayTix Digital Rush, so I'd love to be able to go in-person.

Appreciate any insight!

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 7 2024, 12:03:34 PM

Had absolutely no expectations for this. Went in a bit skeptical and unbothered. Had the BEST TIME. It has a certain charm that you just can't stop smiling from beginning to end. Were there issues? Of course. But I wasn't bothered by them. Corey and McKenzie are wonderful. The whole cast is giving 150%. The dance numbers are electric, arrangements are a blast. I think a lot of work will be done and it'll be even better in a few weeks. 

The audience was on fire, so I&#3

Paper Mill Playhouse 2024-2025 Season  Mar 24 2024, 09:37:13 PM

They're doing White Christmas over the holidays. 

Nine at Manhattan School of Music  Mar 24 2024, 08:12:45 PM

Very lovely production, albeit a bit overstaged. The highlight was the sublime orchestra conducted by David Loud. The students did nice jobs. the young ladies playing Luisa, Carla, Liliane, and Mama Maddelena were big standouts for me. Cool to see Karen Akers (original Luisa) in the house. Overheard some saying they may have seen Maury Yeston there too, but unsure. 

Interesting choice for college-aged students to work on and they should be very proud. 

Fo

Nine at Manhattan School of Music  Mar 23 2024, 07:17:58 PM

Going tomorrow. Usually see 1 or 2 shows a year at Manhattan School since it's near my home. Always talented students and great orchestras. Love Nine, but have never seen it so I'm thrilled! 

Have you ever seen a musical on Broadway that didn't get a standing ovation?  Mar 23 2024, 06:40:08 PM

The only time in my life was at Almost Famous. Not only no standing ovation, but it was probably the quietest and tamest audience I've ever been apart of. And the curtain call was essentially a rock concert moment. Incredibly awkward when there's no noise in the house and everyone's walking out or still seated. That was a rough night of theatre IMO.

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 8 2024, 05:13:54 PM

So excited about Robyn. Hopefully, this sets a new precedent at Chicago for casting new and age-appropriate Velma's. 

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 8 2024, 02:01:03 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "The show needs something like the 2019 Search for Roxie. Emma Pittman came out of that.

Yeah, that completely revamped CHICAGO. Not.

Poor girl had to wait years to get a couple of weeks in the show which produced zero fanfare. Hopefully she’s moved on and closed that CHICAGO chapter and started focusing on other projects instead of waiting for them to reach out again.
"

That "poor girl" is on quite a

Grand Hotel Reunion at 54 Below  Mar 2 2024, 11:50:21 AM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Anybody else go this past week? I thought it was just wonderful."

She was very missed.

Grand Hotel Reunion at 54 Below  Mar 2 2024, 11:46:02 AM

Dom P said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Anybody else go this past week? I thought it was just wonderful."

Yes. Im very interested to hear peoples reactions. I think it's wonderful they did this to honor the great Tommy Tune's Birthday. Also wondering if Tommy Tune was in attendance?
"

Tommy Tune was there at the first performance. They sang Happy Birthday for him.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You