News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BCfitasafiddle

Member Name: BCfitasafiddle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:33:07 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Jonathan Cohen said: "Did I miss something obvious? Taub being castseems like a backdoor announcement of Suffs closing. Unless she's just taking a couple of weeks off."

No announcement of SUFFS or NOTEBOOK closing. Both are probably just taking 2 weeks off for this. Taub seems way overqualified for Emma Goldman, but she'll be good!
"

Judy Kaye was also way overqualified for the role. But it really ca

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:15:39 PM

Dynamite casting.

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
 Jul 23 2024, 11:49:37 PM

What a dream cast of performers. Carolee's number looks and sounds superb! Shereen is stunning. I've always thought Elizabeth Stanley should play this role. I can't wait to see this! I wish they had done Guido's song so we could hear Pasquale, but I know it'll be worth the wait. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 05:30:37 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I doubt it now, but maybe after the election as president. Suffs truly was the best musical of the season. I always resent the Tony’s, but giving Best Musical to the doom and gloom outsiders was a travesty"

Agreed. The structure, writing, emotional punch, and cast all combined into what I would call the best musical of 2023-2024. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 03:25:11 PM

Very intriguing choice. I didn't love her Elphaba or Angelica, but adored her in In The Heights. I look forward to seeing her take on the role.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 17 2024, 05:08:14 PM

The though of Danny Burstein as Herbie just filled my heart with joy.

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 11:32:29 AM

I definitely will be seeing this now. What brilliant casting. Go Carolee!

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 04:33:12 PM

Nikki Renee Daniels transferring is what matters most to me. SO glad her wonderful performance will be seen by so many more people. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 7 2024, 07:06:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Wy5k9H8PM

Beautiful and touching speeches by Sonia and Maria Friedman. Got me crying up here!

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 7 2024, 02:31:41 PM

The focus has been so heavily on the three stars, but I want to give my praises to Reg Rogers, Krystal Joy Brown, and Katie Rose Clarke. All were excellent in their roles. 

AND! The fantastic ensemble. Each one was completely their own onstage.

Lastly, to Lindsay's understudies for rising to the challenge of keeping the magic alive opposite two huge stars. Not an easy feat.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 02:07:19 PM

I wonder if Andy Einhorn will serve as Music Director for the production. He does pretty much every musical project with Audra now.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 02:29:11 PM

Joy Woods, Emilie Kouatchou, Lorna Courtney, Adrienne Warren, Hailey Kilgore, Denee Benton (a "Gilded Age" Mother and Daughter reunion).

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 12:12:23 PM

This is thrilling news. Nicole or Audra next year is already stressing me out. GYPSY is BACK!!

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 23 2024, 01:28:11 PM

Got 'em! Phew! SO EXCITED.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 May 22 2024, 03:50:10 PM

Lilli Cooper is replacing Shereen Ahmed as Kate Murphey in Titanic. Her, Chuck, and Eddie Cooper! Titanic is a family affair!

May 22 2024, 10:37:22 AM

Running August 2–11, 2024 in the Eisenhower Theater, the production will star Steven Pasquale (The Bridges of Madison County, the Kennedy Center’s Guys and Dolls) as Guido Contini, Shereen Ahmed (My Fair Lady) as Claudia, three-time Tony Award® nominee Carolee Carmello (1776, Parade) as Liliane La Fleur, Sasha Hutchings (Oklahoma!,Hamilton) as Our Lady of the Spa, Lesli Margherita (Matilda, Dames at Sea) as Saraghina, Academy Award® and Tony Award® nominee Mary Elizabe

May 22 2024, 10:36:41 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Andy-Blankenbuehler-Will-Direct-NINE-at-the-Kennedy-Center-Starring-Steven-Pasquale-and-More-20240522

Honestly, only not exciting part of this, to me, is Andy Blankenbuehler. 

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:40:05 PM

Did the writer have to say the f word that many times? Jeez. 

May 19 2024, 01:47:28 PM

I'm hearing Joy Woods for Sarah. Sean Allan Krill's name has also come up for Father.

May 14 2024, 12:16:12 PM

Henry, Levy, and Uranowitz is sensational casting. What an event that will be. 

The Encores line-up is SUPERB. Can't wait for Urinetown casting. I really hope Kate Baldwin and Brian Stokes Mitchell come back. And LaChiusa's Wild Party! So exciting! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You