News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kemp3

Member Name: Kemp3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BFA College Theatre
 May 13 2020, 08:39:41 AM

Jared Hershkowitz said: "You can also listen to the interview with David Krasner from Five Towns College on the official website of the college. Mostly, tech majors take part in Stage Source in Boston and write pimion projects for college bachelor's and master's degrees."

Musical Theatre Concentration
Theatrical Design & Technology Concentration
Acting Concentration

These are the majors of the Theatre Arts program at Five Towns College, right? Where can I find the full list of courses and programs?

Goodspeed Musicals Song Coaching Workshop
 May 4 2020, 05:30:58 AM

Goodspeed Institute said: "Students can learn more under Professor Wagner’s mentorship and guidance. He used various tools to analyze the specific combinations of lyrics and music in his research projects via thesis writing service for academicians. He holds an Arthur Thurnau Professorship and curates more than 20 projects at the university."

Hi, I'm looking for Brent Wagner Speaker Series with Stephen Schwartz and Jeanine Tesori. Is there any chance I could download the workshop materials (lectures and/or videos) for our school project?
What is the schedule for the upcoming workshops? Thanks.

Online theatre classes
 Apr 28 2020, 06:27:17 AM

Theatresketch said: "I'm a graduate student at New York Film Academy and I'm looking for online workshops to improve my pronunciation skills. I'm working on my final project too and I was wondering if it's now possible to find an independent theatre project advisor and pay for dissertation mentorship or easily find private tutors online too."

BroadwayWorld & IAMT launched online theater classes in February (the prices start at $500).
Camp Broadway and Broadway Bees are offering new workshops and and classes online.
Woodland Opera House > virtual classes.

Songs about learning (school)
 Feb 28 2020, 01:37:28 AM

CathyCathy said: "Any songs about school homework or problem solving? I need a couple of songs about intelligence for middle school students. My task so far is to create a lesson plan and do my essay project. I volunteer with a group of school teachers in poor districts and we organized the GED program."

Take Another Look at Your Toughest Problems by Ben Stiefel or Homework First, Playtime Second! by Ben and Elizabeth Stiefel. The full list of songs for teaching (using music in the classroom to encourage and promote learning) >>
Songs That Teach Study Skills and Test-Taking Strategies category:

https://www.songsforteaching.com/studytesttakingskills/index.htm

Stage Manager/Production Internship?
 Feb 11 2020, 05:36:56 AM

Ron said: "The Georgetown Palace Theatre is urgently looking for a non-equity stage manager intern or a student who can work on experimental stage projects. Communication skills are required as well as academic writing help and rehearsal recordings as examples may be uploaded too with a resume."

I think the best place to look for a stage manager internship is the official portal: Stage Managers > tagged internship programs >>
https://www.stagemanagers.org/tag/internship-programs/
There're also conferences and symposia for students.

Comedy Plays for High School
 Feb 4 2020, 06:49:57 AM

Adrienne Pender said: "I volunteered as a playwright at HaveScripts and we often helped teachers in middle school and high school. Tom and Huck–Breakin’ The Law by Gregory Fletcher was my favorite one - I write my essay review on it now. It's a comedy for a drama classroom."

I found it at HaveScripts, thanks. We volunteered in a high school project a couple of months ago. Our mentor chose a dynamic play by Lisa Parry: Imperfect Proposal. Kids liked it immensely, because it's also a love story with all that romantic stuff. I can share a pdf here:

https://www.pioneerdrama.com/Script_Preview/5760_IMPERFECTP_Script_Sample.pdf

re: To all the people who posted examples of resumes...
 Feb 4 2020, 02:44:12 AM

Tylie Shider said: "I guess you need to keep you cover letter to one page only. The same with a resume - I will write my essay today with instructions. I had experience with cover letters and resumes from students who had not finished their studies yet and had no experience at all."

A good portal to look for samples and cover letter tips: The Playwrights Forum > The Art & Craft of Writing > Synopses and Cover Letters. Also: Mary Sue Price published a short guide on the effective communication with theaters: cover letters, letters of inquiry and follow-up emails. It's an article on the Playwrights’ Center portal.

How Do You List College Theatre Credits on a Resume??
 Feb 3 2020, 02:31:24 AM

Jessica Graham said: "The correct order for a resume would be theatre-credits, film-credits and television-credits. You may look for expert and essay writer Marc Tumminelli the art of the perfect theatrical resume on Broadway Workshop. The typical resume format will include the listed courses and application cover letter. "

I'm correcting my resume now, because I want to apply for an internship. Here're the samples of an actor, director, playwright and producer resumes: https://www.pace.edu/career-services/sites/default/files/files/pdf/theatre-resume-guidebook.pdf
Or there're also guides by Maggie Bera or Matt Newton on the appropriate resume formatting and structure.

Internships
 Jan 27 2020, 06:52:02 AM

bakerswife372 said: "Playbill summer internships help students get the best variants. I also know that Broadway Dreams offer various types of internships for students to buy essay application sample or register in the office with the filled application forms for college interns."

I study at Pace University and I'm thinking about a summer intership. What are the chances for a third year student? Do I also need recommendation letters?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You