News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KingOfTheMine

KingOfTheMine Profile Photo
Member Name: KingOfTheMine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to close in April  May 3 2024, 04:53:12 PM

Liz Callaway

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:46:34 PM

What a loss for the community.  Chita was so full of life and energy which I think is part of why this comes as a shock despite her advanced age.  She was one of the greatest performers right through until the end and truly deserves to be remembered as a legend in musical theater.  RIP Chita.

MACBETH 2022 Previews  Apr 15 2022, 12:25:17 AM

I don't know enough about Equity's rules to speak on how Gold was allowed to perform, but it was definitely unexpected.  First off, congrats to all of the understudies who made this show happen tonight.  It was clear that there was a lot of scrambling and shifting of parts in order to do the play.  For reference, Danny Wolohan was on as Duncan, the Porter, and Seyton.  Stevie Ray Dallimore played Siward.  Peter Smith doubled as Malcolm and the Bloody Captain.&

MACBETH 2022 Previews  Apr 14 2022, 09:41:50 PM

Intermission now, and Sam Gold has stepped in and is performing in the show tonight!  After a brief pre-show speech about the recent COVID outbreak in the cast, Sam told the audience that they wouldn't have had enough people in the building tonight who actually know the show to perform unless he helped out.  He's carrying a handheld mike and performing several small roles.  More to come on the production itself later!

HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Previews  Apr 2 2022, 11:12:06 PM

Seeing this piece tonight was my first introduction to the play itself and Paula Vogel's work more broadly, and I was totally floored by it.  The play is complex, and the nonlinear structure allows Vogel to oscillate between disturbing and disarming content.  It's a simple production, but extremely effective in that it doesn't get in the way of the script.  Parker and Morse are both giving extraordinary performances.  For both of them, actor and character blend

PARADISE SQUARE - Broadway Previews  Mar 19 2022, 06:30:36 PM

I was also at the matinee.  They announced before the show that they would delay five minutes due to technical difficulties, and the show ended up starting some time around 2:15 or 2:20.  Then at intermission, they announced that they would perform Act II without any automation or movement of the set due to ongoing technical difficulties.  The house left tower toward the front of the stage was able to move about five feet on or off stage, but otherwise they performed the whole

Hooray For James Earl Jones But When Are Theatre’s Named For Amazing Women Going To Be A Thing?  Mar 2 2022, 11:03:42 AM

Malinda5000 said: "Sure… we have The Helen Hayes and The Lunt-Fontanne which by the way Ms. Lynn is sharing with Alfred."

Let's not forget the Ethel Barrymore and Vivian Beaumont!

PLAZA SUITE Previews  Feb 26 2022, 11:14:28 PM

I was also there tonight, and I mostly enjoyed it.  The set is beautiful and got its own applause when the curtain came up.  I was worried at intermission as both SJP and MB were stiff as a board in Act I.  Something just felt strained, and it seemed like they were both trying for laughs and not getting them.  But after intermission, it was like someone threw a switch.  Acts II and III were much funnier, and both of our leads had great moments of broad physical comedy

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 26 2022, 09:22:19 AM

Sharon Sachs to join the broadway company as Morrible on Feb 14.

Judy Kaye temporarily filling in as Morrible from Feb 2 - Feb 13.

Amanda Jane Cooper filling in as Glinda from Feb 2 - Feb 13.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Sharon-Sachs-Joins-WICKED-as-Madame-Morrible-Next-Month-20220126

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Jan 10 2022, 10:25:44 AM

Bianca has extended as Velma through March 13, 2022.  Charlotte d'Amboise returns to the show as Roxie tonight:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Charlotte-dAmboise-Returns-to-CHICAGO-and-Bianca-Marroqun-Extends-Her-Run-20220110

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Dec 28 2021, 03:03:12 PM

Lindsay announced on social media that she's tested positive for COVID.  I feel terrible for her because it seems like the bad luck just won't let up throughout her run.  Before the shutdown I heard she had some vocal problems that caused absences.  Then of course there was the long hiatus.  Then the post-shutdown injury, and now this.  It's a shame she hasn't had any chance to settle into the role.

Jenny DiNoia's been going on for a few sho

What Happened To Lindsey Heather Pearce ?  Oct 10 2021, 12:45:12 AM
Just to provide an update, Lindsay was still out as of today's matinee. Wishing her a speedy recovery. That being said, the show's in great hands with Jenny DiNoia, who blew the roof off the Gershwin this afternoon. I hadn't seen her in the role before, but her voice sounded more powerful and healthy than what I've heard on various recordings. The show looks great, and the current cast is excellent across the board. Seems like having a full rehearsal process was really beneficial.
Hadestown (re)Opening night  Oct 6 2021, 01:58:52 PM

Lana Gordon joining the Hadestown broadway cast as a Persephone alternate.  I wonder what the schedule will look like between her and Amber.  Link below:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lana-Gordon-Announced-as-Persephone-Alternate-in-HADESTOWN-on-Broadway-20211006

Page vs Hewitt  Sep 5 2021, 09:34:45 AM

I saw the show on Friday night and enjoyed Hewitt's performance.  Hades was really formed around Patrick Page and his unique voice over the course of several productions and workshops over many years.  It would be hard for anyone else to come in and do what had been done originally, so it's good that Tom is avoiding that and making the role his own.  As has been reported, the songs haven't been transposed, but he sings certain phrases up the octave.  

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Aug 24 2021, 04:50:18 PM

Official casting announcement is out for the Broadway return. Even though we've known most of these folks would be returning, there are a couple interesting bits in here.  Mili Diaz will make her Broadway debut as Nessarose.  Also, Kathy Fitzgerald will be filling in as Morrible from 9/14 to 9/26.  Alexandra Billings then returns to the cast.  Link below:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lindsay-Pearce-Ginna-Claire-Mason-Alexandra-Billings-and-More-Announced-for-WICKEDs-Broadway-Return-20210824

HADESTOWN will return on September 2  Aug 9 2021, 09:41:27 AM

Broadway return and tour casts announced!  Tom Hewitt will be joining the Broadway company as Hades, with Patrick Page returning on November 2 after finishing up a film project.

https://www.playbill.com/article/tom-hewitt-to-join-hadestown-returning-leads-when-musical-reopens-on-broadway-tour-cast-also-set

PASS OVER Previews  Aug 4 2021, 09:21:37 AM

I'll also be there tonight!  Very much looking forward to being in a theater again after this long hiatus.  Was there supposed to be a health survey within SeatGeek in order to view your tickets?  I can see mine without answering any questions.  Did they scrap this part of the process?

COMPANY TO RETURN NOVEMBER 15TH!  Jul 8 2021, 11:59:08 AM

Worth noting for anyone who missed grabbing tickets to the first preview the first time around... The exchange period for previous ticket holders is now over.  Snagged an orchestra ticket for November 15!

Waitress  Jul 7 2021, 02:54:51 PM

I'll also be there for the first performance on 9/2.  I wasn't able to catch Sara during the original run, so glad I'll get a chance to see her in the role!  How will this return engagement be treated in terms of award eligibility?  I believe the usual rule is that only new performers or aspects of the production are eligible.  Would this mean that Sara will be eligible for the 2022 Tony for Best Leading Actress in a Musical?

“Stars In The House”  Jul 2 2021, 10:33:32 AM

If anyone missed the announcement, there's going to be a live Stars in the House show to celebrate the reopening of Broadway on Sunday, Sep 12 at the Town Hall!  Tickets are already on sale through Ticketmaster.  Info on the event pulled from the SITH website:

Make plans to join us for a LIVE Stars In The House Show on 9/12/21!!!

CELEBRATING THE RETURN OF BROADWAY

Hosted by Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You