News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pitrepower

pitrepower Profile Photo
Member Name: pitrepower
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Karen Mason news....special upcoming shows!
 Mar 17 2007, 02:15:43 AM
On March 31, Karen will be performing in the Chase Room at the NJPAC at 7pm and 9:30pm. These shows will be very special, as they are being filmed and will be aired on PBS. As of now, I do not have an airdate to provide, but it is definite that a PBS special will happen and will be released to PBS channels nationwide. So if you are able to attend, please go!!! Tickets are still available and I’m sure Karen would be happy to have a very full and excited audience that night! Tickets can be pu
re: Mamma Mia Las Vegas
 Mar 1 2006, 11:04:40 AM
Thanks for the sharing the pictures. This new cast is great...they have a lot of energy on stage. And their chemistry is the best I've seen for the entire cast in awhile. It seems that everyone of them is very happy to be in the show. Of course, I'm a bit biased towards Carol Linnea....but she is AWESOME as Donna. Her Winner Takes It all has become one to rival Carolee's..and for all of you who saw Carolee's version, you understand what that means!
The new Sophie is adorable but I think

re: Michele Pawk fired from 'Mamma Mia'...
 Feb 26 2006, 09:38:04 PM
I have to say that I'm not surprised with this news. I only saw Michele once, but left the show saying "she'll never be able to do this for an entire year". Donna requires a belter and I just don't think she was capable of it. Yes, many Donna's have had voice problems due to the strain of the part....but none of them ended up leaving mid way thru their run. The poor woman was straining to give anything at the end of Winner Takes It All. I wish Michele well and hope next time she'll be cast in
re: Celine Dion as Grizzabella, etc!!!!
 Feb 10 2006, 11:43:21 AM
For the clips of her as Cindy Lauper and her as the maid signing Memory, those were from a French Canadian Variety television show. Kinda like our Saturday Night Live but with a lot more costumes! She was the guest host that night. I can't remember the name of the show but if I had time to dig through my VHS collection I could tell you!
The clip of her as Michael Jackson was from her Incognito tour that went through Canada. During the concert she would do a few impersonations of other si

re: Celine Dion as Grizzabella, etc!!!!
 Feb 8 2006, 01:36:22 PM
Wow....too funny to see this video pop up on a Broadway site. I've had it as part of my collection for many years now. Celine really has a talent for comedy and acting....this has been much better portrayed on french television than anything they have put out on her in America!
re: RIEDEL: Elton pleasantly surprised by Lestat
 Feb 3 2006, 05:48:35 PM
My post was not intended as an attack. I, for one, do want to this show to succeed...I adore Carolee and I want this show to make it for her. But after seeing the show twice in January, listening to Elton and then thinking of the show's score earning a grammy just made me laugh!
re: RIEDEL: Elton pleasantly surprised by Lestat
 Feb 3 2006, 05:29:45 PM
Just a wanted to share a little something that I heard the other night.
On Tuesday, I was at Elton's show in Las Vegas. At every show he introduces his band a gives a little story about each member. Well for Guy Babylon (also the musical director for LeStat), he said "who won a grammy for his work on Aida and will soon be doing the same with LeStat". I wanted to shout "yeah right!!!!".
Anyway, I found it entertaining!

re: Jill Paice
 Aug 23 2005, 10:01:40 PM
I saw Jill Paice numerous times as Sophie in Mamma Mia as part of the Vegas cast. I loved her and thought she had a great voice. I'm very happy to hear she's coming to Broadway with Women and White because I am excited to see her finally perform again.
re: Altar Boys tonight
 Feb 17 2005, 12:30:29 PM
Who does Tyler Maynard play in the show?
I love his voice..so I'm just wondering!

re: Who's your favorite singer?
 Feb 17 2005, 12:28:20 PM
Not Broadway related (unless her Vegas show counts): Celine Dion!
Broadway related: Karen Mason, Louise Pitre, Donna Murphy, Carolee Carmello, Tina Walsh

re: Fave solo recordings by Broadway actors
 Feb 15 2005, 02:38:41 PM
Karen Mason's "When The Sun Comes Out"
Louise Pitre's "All My life Has Lead to This" and "Shattered"

re: Shows That You Can See Multiple Times Because They Are Funny And Make Y
 Feb 11 2005, 12:58:50 PM
Shows that make/made me happy:

Mamma Mia...174 times...over 3 1/2 years
Wonderful Town....62 times...love Donna Murphy

re: Best Understudy Ever?
 Feb 8 2005, 09:14:09 AM
Carol Linnea Johnson as both Tanya and Donna in Mamma Mia. She's going on this weekend as Tanya..go check her out!!

Reyna Von Vett as Tanya in Mamma Mia Vegas..there is a reason she was given the part that very next year!

re: Who Do You Think Is Amazing?
 Feb 2 2005, 12:34:59 PM
Karen Mason
Louise Pitre
Donna Murphy
Eden Espinosa
Carolee Carmello
Tina Walsh (my Vegas girl)

rWT question
 Dec 5 2004, 01:27:36 PM
random question...was Gregg Edelman in Wonderful Town on Thursday? thanks!
re: Sara Kramer Set as Next Sophie in Mamma Mia!
 Nov 18 2004, 09:30:22 AM
BroadwayMatt..I love the fact that you call it the "Carolee Era"..that's great! I have seen the show 9 times since she took over the role and everytime I adore her more. She is just soooo fun and sooo talented. I love every minute she is on the stage.
And as for Sara...I like her in the role....I am happy she came to Broadway!

re: Best Female Singers in NYC
 Nov 16 2004, 05:04:52 PM
Karen Mason
Donna Murphy
Carolee Carmello
Eden Espinosa
Louise Pitre (if she counts as being in NYC, considering she is always in Canada lately!)

re: Favorite Broadway EXPERIENCE
 Nov 16 2004, 03:08:14 PM
I would have to say mine would be the "last" show of Mamma Mia..well not the last show literally of course, but the show when most of the original cast members left the show. It was such an emotionally charged performance, with tons of crying on stage. The audience was so supportive..I actually felt like I was at a concert instead of a Broadway show. And that night Louise Pitre gave one of the most amazing peformances I have ever seen....anywhere!!
re: Wonderful Town
 Nov 4 2004, 12:18:18 AM
Ok..I have seen Wonderful Town 61 times with Donna..and yes Donna knows. She thought it was great. I got to attend the Passion concert too.....Donna is so natural in any role she plays. And that show is so emotional and touching. Had me crying!
It's Carolee Carmello....and my review
 Nov 1 2004, 12:43:35 AM
Ok..first off I must say the the new Donna's name is Carolee Carmello..not Caroline Caramel...check your playbill. But I do agree..she is GREAT in the part. I saw her in the role for the first time a week ago, and have already seen the show 3 more times. Her voice is beautiful and her acting is awesome..she is just such a natural and makes one believe that she really is Donna Sheridan. And I have never heard a Donna hold the last note of Winner soooo long!!! I also have to agree about Judy Mc
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You