News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for borlechristian

Member Name: borlechristian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What accent does Morticia have from The Addams family, and how can i best imitate it  Sep 2 2021, 09:00:23 PM

So, I was casted as Morticia for local church place and I want to be more in character so I wanted to ask what accent does she have? And whatever it is, how can I try it out? I've never really done any accents and the ones i've "tried" aren't good

How can I get better?

Joseph and the Technicolor dreamcoat thoughts  Aug 20 2020, 04:56:20 PM

Interesting. I haven't really had an experience like that when I've seen shows. Maybe that could happen but who knows

Joseph and the Technicolor dreamcoat thoughts  Aug 20 2020, 04:41:58 PM
So, I'm a young theatre kid who's trying to listen to/watch more ALW. I'm watching Joseph and the Technicolor dreamcoat and I just... Don't like it. It feels so random and just weird and I feel like nothing makes sense. I feel like ALW went on some random story generator and made that a musical. Some of the music is nice, but it mostly feels like nonsense mashed together to make a story. Maybe it's just the movie that's weird, but I just hate it

What are your thoughts on Joseph and the

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?  Jul 18 2020, 12:20:08 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "I've been listening to a lot of acoustic or stripped-down shows - Once, Next to Normal, Bridges of Madison County, etc. Anything where you can hear an acoustic guitar at the forefront has been on my list. On the other side of things, I've also listened to some very heavily-orchestrated "comedic" musicals, like Something Rotten and Beetlejuice - shows with a modern variation on the "Broadway" sound. I also discovered that the songs f

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?  Jul 17 2020, 07:50:14 PM
What musical have you listened to/are listening to in quarantine?

For me it would mainly be Falsettos and into the woods

I love Falsettos so much.i don't know what's so special about it that I like, but I just love it

More recently, I listened to into the woods and watched the proshot for it. I think it's such a lovely musical and I love all the characters.

Bad Lyrics  Jul 14 2020, 11:12:38 AM
"love the friend, not the he'll"

What???

Maybe I'm just dumb but I feel it doesn't make sense at all

Bad Lyrics  Jul 14 2020, 11:12:37 AM

What???

Bad Lyrics  Jul 14 2020, 11:12:35 AM

What???

Where to find full length plays?  Jun 29 2020, 08:53:39 AM
So, I'm a theatre kid who loves musicals, but does not know much of plays.

I was hoping to ask you guys if you knew any websites or apps where you could read full length plays?

Thanks!

Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Jun 18 2020, 07:07:55 PM
For me, I've been watching shows on Broadwayhd, reading more, listening to records from my record player, and preparing for my dream high school

I've been watching lots of stuff on Broadwayhd, mostly I've been watching the show that goes wrong. I saw the play that goes wrong a year ago, and god, it was the funniest thing ever. I've also been rewatching falsettos alot. It just is such an amazing show

I've been trying to read more lately. I'm an avid reader, but I haven't actuall

Opinion on cats  Jun 11 2020, 01:46:50 PM
I don't know if this is already on discussion, but I've seen sooo many people who hate cats, and think it's weird

Personally I think it's a very interesting show, and has some wonderful song

What are your opinions on cats?

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jun 10 2020, 09:45:02 PM
I know there's probably already been a thread on unpopular theatre opinions, but I want to see some unpopular opinions, and see if I agree with them.

For my unpopular musical opinion, I've seen a lot of people say "Lin Manuel Miranda is bad at singing" but I honestly think he just has a voice that is different, so people don't care for it. If you've listened to his rendition of "green green dress" from tick tick... Boom, then you know he can sing

Share your opinions!!

Theater(re) Chat  Jun 10 2020, 09:38:52 PM
The latest theatre I went to was the majestic theatre in San Antonio. If you have been there, it is gorgeous! The architecture is amazing. It's so amazing to look at, and when you look up towards the roof it's a mix of blues and purple-ish, and it's honestly so beautiful. The first show I saw was the play that goes wrong, and it was the funniest thing ever. I saw dear Evan Hansen on December, which was the last show I saw
Theater(re) Chat  Jun 10 2020, 09:38:54 PM
The latest theatre I went to was the majestic theatre in San Antonio. If you have been there, it is gorgeous! The architecture is amazing. It's so amazing to look at, and when you look up towards the roof it's a mix of blues and purple-ish, and it's honestly so beautiful. The first show I saw was the play that goes wrong, and it was the funniest thing ever. I saw dear Evan Hansen on December, which was the last show I saw
Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 07:55:52 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "I'm a young theatre fan (and MT major in college), and I have to say the most significant difference between now and then is that there's a lot more writing high notes for the sake of high notes, instead of it being driven by character insight or moving the plot forward. I know the tweens love Mean Girls and Heathers, but they are almost glorified belting competitions. That's just my opinion, though. There have been several great new musicals in the

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 03:47:17 PM
I looked at some of his stuff on his profile. Seems like a troll, or some grumpy old man.
Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 03:25:20 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh, god. I fear you’ve just summoned After Eight.

"

Don't know who or what after eight is. Kinda scared

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 02:38:48 PM
Hello! I'm a young theatre fan, and I've been venturing into listening to older musicals from the 60s, 50s etc. I've noticed many, many differences from musicals these days (Beetlejuice, Hamilton, mean girls, etc) to older musicals (Mame, guys and dolls, damn Yankees, etc)

What are your opinions on it? Do you think new Broadway is good or bad?

Anyways I can watch musicals/plays anywhere?  Jun 5 2020, 10:44:18 AM
Thanks! I have Broadwayhd. Honestly, even though I've seen a lot of people who hate on Broadwayhd, I really like it
Anyways I can watch musicals/plays anywhere?  Jun 4 2020, 09:49:45 PM

Hello I am a bored theater geek obviously, and I just wanted to ask if you guys knew any websites, YouTube stuff, etc where I can watch musicals/plays?

I already know about the shows must go on, but is there any websites or YouTube channels that have musicals or plays?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You