News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JulianHookbucks

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
Member Name: JulianHookbucks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shrek Gypsy reference?  Jun 11 2009, 09:14:11 AM
there's also a chorus line reference in "what's up duloc" when they say somemthing about "something something razamataz, he's trained in ballet, flamenco and jazz." it's a reference to the quick paced melody in "one." also, the way they say "jazz" is making fun of "all that jazz" in chicago.
re: Reviews of Laura Osnes as Nellie  Mar 12 2009, 06:49:08 PM
Where is Nellie's mic in this show? Seeing as she couldn't wear one in her hair because she washes it onstage. I think I remember reading something around when the show opened, but I can't really remember.

And, does she have two wigs then? One to wash and one to change into post wash?

And, did Kellie have a wig that she changed into after after "Wash That Man?" or was the hair team that good that they dried, prepped and set her hair for the rest of the show during intermission

re: More Photos From West Side Story DC Production  Dec 23 2008, 09:09:56 PM
so they put the lyrics to the original I feel Pretty and America in the programs? Or are they the english translations of the new Spanish lyrics?
re: GUYS & DOLLS at Nederlander Opens March 1 w/Oliver Platt  Oct 9 2008, 02:03:40 PM
Even though Debra Messing was just a rumor a while ago, now that she is filming "The Starter Wife," which shoots in California, I assume, she probably won't be able to do the run either...
Safe Harbor  Sep 23 2008, 05:08:46 PM
This song was in a video on youtube for a while, sung by Lisa Brescia. I think it might be Lowdermilk... I'm not sure. Does anyone have the sheet music/know where I could get it?

Thanks, kids.

re: Use of rotating stages in shows  Jun 15 2008, 04:07:39 AM
did Grey Gardens use a turn table? or was the stairway just on a track that was wired to turn?
re: The Guardian (UK): Patti LuPone Topples Merman  Jun 11 2008, 04:42:03 PM
am I the only one who read this thread title as "Patti LuPone topless; Merman?"

I thought it was a little overkill seeing how the Robber Bridegroom thread went down last week...

re: Others roles you could see Lupone in...  Jun 9 2008, 06:26:31 PM
I would love to see her Dolly... her "Love look in my Window" and the scene around that number would be beautiful.

I want to see her do Morrible, just for ****s and giggles...

re: LuPone leaving Gypsy on 3/3/09?  Jun 7 2008, 01:42:36 AM
staying with a show for a year is hardly being eager to leave...

most stars don't stay even that long.

re: Don't forget: Patti LuPone on The View tomorrow morning..  Jun 5 2008, 11:23:51 PM
"No surprise! She sang fast and loud; nothing more. The lyrics went by in a blur. It appears, Ms. LuPone didn't give any thought to what the song is about or what she's singing. In this age of American Idol, no wonder people think Patti LuPone is great."

Yes, she could have slowed down a bit, and her middle diction could have been better, but it was just a performance on a TV show... it would have been wierd if she fully went into character... no wonder in this age of American Idol, i

re: Which Elphaba is this?  Jun 5 2008, 05:56:32 PM
"The German one" was specifying her to the production she was a part of. It's the same as calling Eden Espinosa "the LA one.." or calling "Hellen Dalimore" the London one, she's Australian... but she was in the London production... The original poster wasn't talking about her ethnicity at all... no need to get your panties in a twist...

save your argumentative soap-box energy for something that's worth it.... I'm sure someone will start a "Who's the better Wendla" thread soon. :)

re: Don't forget: Patti LuPone on The View tomorrow morning..  Jun 5 2008, 01:14:41 AM
...is Patti's version transposed down a half step?

I thought she was the queen of the "if you can't sing it in the original key, don't sing it at all?" mentality...

re: Replacements learning the show  Jun 2 2008, 03:39:39 PM
Jennifer Laura Thompson said that she had three weeks for Glinda. First week for Act 1, Second week for act 2, and then third week for full runs of the show, put ins, and final preparations.

I don't know how other shows operate, but I assume it's similar...

Stage Manager, Assistant Director and Dance Captain always teach the show.

re: GYPSY on Good Morning America  May 28 2008, 02:29:34 PM
I love Patti's Bb. Why is Laura so beautiful? Like... that should be illegal.

and Boyd, I love him, but... the bowtie? really?

They all work so well with eachother. So wonderful

re: South Pacific recording  May 27 2008, 06:12:52 PM
just bought it. On the first run through.

It is so luciously orchestral. 30 pieces really makes a difference.

I hope other shows take note.

The final note of "Dames" is STUNNING.

7 year old's version of 14G.  May 26 2008, 11:23:54 PM
She's not terrible... for a seven year old...
re: Life After Patti?  May 26 2008, 10:26:40 PM
I vote Donna Murphy. :)

She was at opening night.

Scoping things out, no?

re: any musical titles that you would CHANGE?  May 26 2008, 10:25:04 PM
Rent is called Rent because you don't own your life, you rent it, that's what I got from the song...

Spring Awakening is called Spring Awakening because it's the awakening to the Spring of your life, your body and life starts to truly come alive, leading to the summer and most fertile part of your life... that's why the show ends with "purple summer." Purple being a really rich, beautiful color and summer being a realy fruitful part of the year, if the metaphor for a person's life are t

re: Jackee Harry to join Wicked on Tour!  May 26 2008, 02:52:04 AM
WHAT? Oh no... how did you hear, Elphie?
Tony coverage this year vs. last year.  May 25 2008, 08:14:07 PM
Does anyone seem to think that it was a much bigger deal last year than it is this year?

Last year all of the websites had videos and interviews from the TONY AWARDS Nominees brunch... they had multiple interviews with all of the nominees, a lot more articles, a lot of the nominees performed on Regis and Kelly...

this year, there was a lot of coverage the first few days...

there have been some interviews with a lot of the nominees, but it seems like there are other t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You