News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ghostlight4

ghostlight4 Profile Photo
Member Name: ghostlight4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

An American in Paris film  May 26 2015, 12:37:56 PM

Making Jerry a mensch from the start robs him entirely of his character arc. The whole point in the film (ultimately expressed by the film's final ballet) is that jackass Jerry finally sees his flaws and errors and breaks free of his American cynicism.

National Theatre's 50th Anniversary Gala  Feb 16 2014, 03:04:00 PM
Great show!

Carol Channing at Town Hall Monday night!  Jan 21 2014, 08:01:46 AM
Fantastic evening!

Will Elaine Paige get her first Tony (nom)?  Dec 27 2011, 12:52:36 AM
Bryonha Marie Parham and NaTasha Yvette Williams both give nomination-worthy performances in PORGY & BESS. Huge ovations for each at the performance I attended.

Re: FOLLIES. White and Houdyshell seem more likely than Paige to me.

Karen Mason seems nomination-ready for REBECCA. Juicy role.

Mueller and Van der Shyff will likely sink with their shows. : (

Your Broadway Christmas  Dec 25 2011, 01:43:44 PM
My gift was the three amazing shows I saw in succession this week: THE CHERRY ORCHARD, PORGY & BESS, and THE ROAD TO MECCA. I am still walking on clouds.
So--who will replace Bernadette?  Dec 22 2011, 03:37:13 PM
Jan can't even cross a street safely in NYC. Lord knows how she'd survive L.A.

Carried aloft by backup dancers, perhaps.

So--who will replace Bernadette?  Dec 22 2011, 12:56:48 PM
If Jan passes as well, I'm guessing a Suzanne Somers / Joyce DeWitt reunion.
Bernadette Peters Will End Follies Journey On Broadway  Dec 22 2011, 12:25:15 PM
Never look back.
VENUS IN FUR Moves to the Lyceum with Nina Arianda & Hugh Dancy; Now Plays Through June 17  Dec 12 2011, 11:43:46 PM
>>Also, Audra is in a musical, so she's out of the competition in Nina's category.

Porgy & Bess is a musical?! Thanks for that info! >teasing<

You mentioned Nina and Jan as probable winners (Jan's in a musical too, btw), I mentioned Rosemary and Audra — beloved actresses in richer roles — as possible spoilers in the Lead Actress categories. ; )

VENUS IN FUR Moves to the Lyceum with Nina Arianda & Hugh Dancy; Now Plays Through June 17  Dec 12 2011, 03:49:55 PM
>>I assume this means Arianda's Tony is now in Jan Maxwell's bag?

Not if Rosemary Harris and Audra McDonald have anything to say about it. ; )

Sad to see Standing on Ceremony closing 12/18  Dec 12 2011, 11:01:30 AM
>>I was hoping they'd market this like LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE with a rotating cast.

I think that was the original intent, but too few takers, it seems. A shame. It's a wonderful production, and I agree, I won't soon forget the performances of Harris and Thomas.

Tovah's ROSE  Dec 11 2011, 02:48:27 PM
I saw London, I saw France... and I'm pretty sure I saw Bulgaria. =: O
TIME Magazine Top Ten Stage 2011  Dec 8 2011, 10:12:01 AM
1. War Horse
2. Porgy & Bess
3. Chinglish
4. Death Takes a Holiday
5. Sleep No More
6. Silence! The Musical
7. The Normal Heart
8. The Book of Mormon
9. Traces
10. Anything Goes

Your favorite comedy musical?  Dec 2 2011, 05:00:01 PM
AVENUE Q
Ushers & Security Guards Roaming Around Theaters While Talking, Texting etc.  Nov 18 2011, 05:13:24 PM
I wished she'd been at the Longacre earlier this week when I watched a woman in the first row use the stage as her personal space to set her purse, umbrella, and show program while removing her coat and getting settled. Or the man at the LAByrinth space last weekend who walked THROUGH the set, tripping on a floor-mounted light (which he looked at as if it had been the light's fault), which a technician then had to come out and readjust. Or the young woman at the United Airlines Theatre last mo
On A Clear Day First Preview  Nov 13 2011, 10:11:10 AM
Serious question: In this new book, is it stated/implied that David is gay in his present life because he was female in his last life? Is that the notion people will take away from this production? (Because, if so, umm... wow.)

I'd assumed that this new gay twist would have the doctor questioning his own feelings toward another man, and was really kind of impressed that Connick would place himself in that role... but it's not sounding like that's the case. Now I'm wondering what I

Kelly Clarkson Talks Future Broadway Ambition  Nov 10 2011, 05:46:30 PM
Watch your back, Lauren Ambrose!
Pulizer Prize for Drama - 2011  Nov 7 2011, 09:17:38 AM
You're correct, AC126748 — OTHER DESERT CITIES officially premiered in January, making it a 2011 contender. I happily stand corrected! :)
Pulizer Prize for Drama - 2011  Nov 7 2011, 09:13:35 AM
I thought that might be the case, Smaxie. And INTELLIGENT HOMOSEXUAL had an earlier production, I know. There seems to be a lot of that this year. Rules are that a play must have had its premiere during the 2011 calendar year. Hmmm...

Pulizer Prize for Drama - 2011  Nov 7 2011, 08:58:32 AM
I thought OTHER DESERT CITIES was a contender last Pulitzer year.

This year, I'd put my money on Richard Nelson's SWEET & SAD.

Wouldn't be surprised to see BY THE WAY, MEET VERA STARK as a finalist.

Are CHINGLISH, STICK FLY, THE MOUNTAINTOP, THE INTELLIGENT HOMOSEXUAL'S GUIDE blah blah blah... eligible? Or maybe something regional, like DETROIT?

GOOD PEOPLE, MOTHERF**KER WITH A HAT, 4000 MILES and SONS OF THE PROPHET were all good, but

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You