News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Voter

Voter Profile Photo
Member Name: Voter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: If you made it here, go touch grass. :-)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT Returns to Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Dec 8 2023, 04:36:52 PM

JSquared2 said: "Voter said: "Tony Voter ticket invites were juuuuust sent out, even though Taran leaves 1/7 and Michael Urie leaves 1/21 ...

Sure, you can say you don't plan on them being nominated, but it's still sloppy producing to wait until plans are solidified through December 2023, then tell tony voters "hey! we want you to catch the show before January 7th!"

Not quite understanding what your problem is with this? it&

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT Returns to Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Dec 8 2023, 02:28:33 PM

Tony Voter ticket invites were juuuuust sent out, even though Taran leaves 1/7 and Michael Urie leaves 1/21 ... 

Sure, you can say you don't plan on them being nominated, but it's still sloppy producing to wait until plans are solidified through December 2023, then tell tony voters "hey! we want you to catch the show before January 7th!"

I guess the same thing happened with Lea Salonga and Here Lies Love

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Dec 7 2023, 11:43:20 AM

Tried to get tickets but it's fully AMC A-List ineligible angry Will have to find time and $ to set aside later!

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 5 2023, 01:13:32 PM

Interesting he mentions TDF as they aren't on TDF today or yesterday

I'd reply that one of my hesitations is the director's track record but alas... 

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread  Dec 5 2023, 11:10:17 AM

Well, alright. Who's got a shoe for me to eat?

I could name some ensemble people in demand to hop show to show, but none as quick in engagements as Amber in this day and age. No idea if that's good or bad. Oh well.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 5 2023, 11:09:03 AM

If anyone is interested today, producer Ben H is polling users on X/Twitter on what made them/is making them hesitant to buy tickets to H2DIO.

https://twitter.com/benaholtzman/status/1732045887021727856

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread  Dec 5 2023, 09:46:29 AM

ACL2006 said: "Amber Ardolino (Back to the Future) is reportedly replacing Robyn Hurder as Marcia."

I absolutely cannot see this. I could sooner see Hugh Jackman in a blonde wig. But Amber reads way too young and way not right for that part.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 4 2023, 12:27:55 PM

Also notable from the X/Twitter Q&A, the rush policy for tickets is coming soon.

Other notables:

- Thematic reasoning for the Dr Diego moment with the reporter

- "We’ve got about 230 investors in the show. Investments range from $25K - $1M. As lead producers, we need to incentive investors & producers to join the show. Offering above the title billing is one of those incentives in addition to a share of our (hopefully) profits. Our min co-producer threshhold is $125K-$250K."

- Show will be frozen 12/6

https://twitter.com/benaholtzman/status/1731353036620968032

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 3 2023, 01:32:17 PM

If anyone is interested, one of the lead producers is doing a very honest Q&A on Twitter/X right now @benaholtzman 

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 3 2023, 06:27:27 AM

EricMontreal22 said: "Voter said: "I'm always wary whenmajorcuts are happening right against the clock of the freeze date. "

Of course, Broadway is littered with examples of shows where major major changes were made just weeks before a show was frozen

"

1. Against the clock and “weeks before the show is frozen” are two different things

2. Broadway is also littered with examples of flops that fol

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 2 2023, 09:20:47 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Two songs in the first act have been cut or rearranged, an entire monologue in act one has been moved to act two along with some other book moments that have somewhat shifted in tone

I will give credit where it is due the team behind this show is trying to put in work to improv it through previews
"

Precisely. Although, large development picture: I'm surprised this didn't have another closed doors development workshop pre-B

What Next For The Majestic?  Dec 2 2023, 09:15:48 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Is something still trying to come in for Spring?"

Renos won't be done by then.

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews  Nov 30 2023, 05:24:24 PM

Amber Ardolino just posted that her final day with the show will be December 30th

New Hadestown Casting  Nov 30 2023, 04:01:24 PM

This board will never cease to amaze me.

People are allowed to discuss attendance pertinent to a show discussed on this board.

Please stop micromanaging strangers on a public discussion board.

If you don't like talking to people, either get off the board or go on a block spree. But that may make it difficult to browse the site... That's a lot of blocking... 

LEMPICKA announcement teased for next week  Nov 30 2023, 01:14:54 PM

I'm really worried this season is going to eat up and chew out Lempicka... just like it did Here Lies Love and eventually will Harmony and H2DIO

NYT: How Jewish People Built The American Theater As We Know It  Nov 29 2023, 01:50:51 PM

ggersten said: "The Editor explains the origins of Green's story.https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/29/t-magazine/jewish-theater.html?unlocked_article_code=1.CE0.6lQP.--kTPvijjIae&smid=url-share

"

THANK YOU! This supplements the piece very well and answers a lot of my questions

NYT: How Jewish People Built The American Theater As We Know It  Nov 29 2023, 01:24:21 PM

I read the entire article and am confused on the call to action. I am a gentile and not being snide, but this article reads like a history lesson (which I quite enjoyed!) moreso than what I believe it is trying to be. Nice photo of everyone. Is this going to be a series with the artists? Or did they just show up for the photo op?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23  Nov 29 2023, 09:43:11 AM

inception said: "I'm 3 weeks from touching down in NY and the comments about Harmony git me worried. When I checked the matinee I'm supposed to see, the house is half empty BUT most of the premium seats seem sold while it is the balcony that is empty. Also I think when I bought tickets it was supposed to be a 2 show day, but now there is only the matinee and it looks like they moved a performance to the week after X-mas & made that a 9 show week."

They se

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23  Nov 28 2023, 04:30:45 PM
delete
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23  Nov 28 2023, 04:07:00 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I wonder if Howland and Tysen want the Barrymore once again forThe Great Gatsby."

After Paradise Square, I'm not sure they would get it...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You