News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kristinj1

kristinj1 Profile Photo
Member Name: kristinj1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

It's Christmas Time in the City  Dec 7 2018, 06:38:20 PM

It's hard to argue with tradition, cheesecake, Central Park and playing tourist!! 

And speaking of cheesecake, if you were wanting a whole one would you go to Juniors or is there a better place  (I think I used to prefer Roxy's)?

It's Christmas Time in the City  Dec 7 2018, 01:20:54 PM

Many thanks for these added suggestions!!  If anyone has eaten at The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center I'd also love to hear thoughts about that.

It's Christmas Time in the City  Dec 6 2018, 01:19:49 PM

Does anyone have tips on which restaurants are/aren't fun for Christmas dinner?  We are considering The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center, with the expectation that it may be overpriced mediocre food with a lovely Christmas vibe.  Is this correct?  Are there nicer or less expensive places we should consider (all over 21)?

It's Christmas Time in the City  Aug 17 2018, 01:41:32 PM
In case it's helpful to anyone, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular has a Chase pre-sale underway now, and regular ticket sales start on the 22nd.
It's Christmas Time in the City  Aug 12 2018, 11:57:50 PM

These are all fantastic suggestions... many thanks!!!!

It's Christmas Time in the City  Aug 10 2018, 08:40:31 PM

Any tips for fun Holiday activities in NYC for an adult (all over 21) theatre-loving family?

Coming to NYC - Question about School of Rock discount code!  May 4 2017, 06:34:28 PM

I'll try that... thanks!!

Coming to NYC - Question about School of Rock discount code!  May 4 2017, 05:12:32 PM

Ok... I feel a bit stupid but I can't figure out where to enter the discount code.  Any tips?

Coming to NYC - Question about School of Rock discount code!  May 4 2017, 05:02:09 PM

Thank you!!

Coming to NYC - Question about School of Rock discount code!  May 4 2017, 11:35:59 AM

Does anyone know of any current discount codes?

Beauty and the Beast film to lead to revival?  Mar 13 2017, 10:56:07 PM

I'm very curious to hear if people think there is revival potential after seeing the new film.  I really hope the film is as good as the trailers seem, as I can imagine a darker and more adult B&B musical appealing to an older audience, but have no idea if that is something Disney has an interest in.  It seems like a show I'd love to see, though, as I adore both the music and story, but the cartoonish aspects not so much at this phase in my life.

Beauty and the Beast film to lead to revival?  Mar 13 2017, 06:25:02 PM

JennH said: "Oh that isn't even speculated anymore, they ARE doing it. DCL announced officially themselves about a month or so ago. But I guessed it before that, I mean look at that breakdown lolz! I figured it was something at the VERY least centered around B and B. I would guess that the DCL has a possibility to be more like the new film, considering that they wanted an Audra type for the wardrobe, but they could just be a description of the character. Doesn't aut

Beauty and the Beast film to lead to revival?  Mar 13 2017, 04:07:24 PM

JennH said: "^^^ I'm hoping you mean the new one right? Heaven knows I try not to judge people, but I do have some judgement if I come across someone who hasn't seen the original... ;P "

Haha... yes I meant the new one, for which we've already booked tickets!  Like most people, I know every note and nuance of the older animated musical.  :)

I did hear from friends who recently had DCL auditions that they heard they are creating a new B&am

Beauty and the Beast film to lead to revival?  Mar 12 2017, 07:08:48 AM

I obviously haven't seen the film yet but I'm hoping, since those who grew up with the Disney musical are now young adults, that both the new film and a possible revival will have the darker and more adult feel of the 1946 black-and-white film version.  

CAROUSEL: Live From Lincoln Center DVD Available in Febuary  Feb 28 2017, 06:13:49 PM

Ordered via Amazon - thank you for the heads up!!

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 25 2017, 10:16:05 AM

Thanks for the tip!  I see it's available for pre-order now on Amazon.  

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 21 2017, 11:45:04 PM

I find it interesting that while I didn't really leave either War Paint or CFA humming any tunes, I completely forgot War Paint moments after leaving the theatre but went home and immediately bought another round of tickets for Come From Away.  Some stories get under your skin more than others.

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 21 2017, 07:05:18 AM

I think the subject matter is a great reason to see CFA.  After seeing it I immediately bought tickets for myself and others to see it again, something I rarely do, as it's a well told story about many of the best aspects of humanity which are only revealed in challenging times.  I think it's a very timely look at events that are still reverberating loudly, and am glad someone found a way to tackle the subect so simply and beautif

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 18 2017, 05:43:59 PM

I am eager to see how NYC audiences respond to this show.  We loved it when we saw it, and hear that it's gotten even better in the intervening months.  In case anyone missed Ian's review (mentioned above) it is worth a listen.  https://youtu.be/6fhFk--I8VA

Songs that get stuck in your head  Nov 12 2016, 08:28:46 PM

There must be some formula for predicting which songs will be earworms, since Sodomy has also been one of mine in the past and it would not be my first choice even from Hair.  For the past few days Tomorrow Belongs to Me from Cabaret has been on mental replay and while the current reasons may be obvious, this is not the first time that song has gotten stuck in my brain.  Something Wonderful from The King a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You