News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Beanwannabe

Beanwannabe Profile Photo
Member Name: Beanwannabe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: why the bleeped Chita?
 Jun 7 2005, 10:45:19 AM
Poor Chita, she really did look flustered.
re: Does Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have a future?
 Jun 7 2005, 10:44:05 AM
It will close soon. I'm sure. No Tonys and little to no recognition means a slow box office. It should pick up a bit during the summer tourism crowd, but come fall, its doomed.
re: The Last Fi ve Years
 Jun 7 2005, 10:41:12 AM
I hope this comes back!
re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
 Jun 7 2005, 10:40:20 AM
The story with Keenan Bolger is that she was the only person from the cast not asked to come back. She posted somewhere on a broadway.com interview that Guettel was looking for someone to sing it better than she did. I also heard that Guettel's relationship with Kelli O'Hara may have been why she was picked over Cellia. To be honest, after seeing Spelling Bee, I think Cellia might have done a better job than Kelli.
re: Spelling Bee Tony Perf. - Why did they choose that song?
 Jun 7 2005, 10:36:08 AM
I think it was a great choice. It showed how fun Spelling Bee is and from the news sites, really seemed to boost ticket and cd sales. I think the only performance of that evening that helped the show. DRS was a disaster. Spamalot was cool to showcase Sara, but I heard it was dubbed because she was so sick. Granted that girl can sing, but still to sick to be in the show?
re: Aretha
 Jun 7 2005, 10:33:07 AM
They both really weren't that good. Especially when Hugh tried to do a riff at the very end. I was like "please". Maybe I'm partial, but where was Shoshana the whole night?
re: TARZAN Dirt!
 Jun 7 2005, 10:30:44 AM
yah, we totally got carried away. im sure from all the laughing and shrieking in the background they could tell we were fakes. it was fun though. oh well.
 Jun 7 2005, 10:12:46 AM
I am going to die. I was so curious, and a friend of mine and I ended up calling the casting office to ask about the mystery guy. We pretended we were agents and heard there was quite a bit of talent at the callback. We asked if they had seen any young early 20's performers. They said they had auditioned a guy from Michigan who was tall and happened to be a model! They also said he could really sing well. wow wow I think that is the guy!!! plz plz plz Anyone from Michigan know who this g
 Jun 6 2005, 07:15:28 PM
This was the callback for just the adult Tarzan. The other roles are auditioning the next few days. My bf sang a Billy Joel song, he did alright, but said he was just tired. I wonder what names they are going to get for this. I heard Matt Morrison did the workshop, but they acted like they were looking for someone else at the audition. Maybe someone with more aerial skills or strength?

I still think this new guy would be perfect. I have been scouring the web for pictures to try an

TARZAN Dirt!
 Jun 6 2005, 06:05:11 PM
Went to the TARZAN EPA callbacks today with my bf. Who knows what they are going to do with this show. There was a girl called back for the adult tarzan! I guess they aren't taking race into account since there were several Asian and Black vocalists as well.

My BF did alright, but there was some young guy who went several people before him that sounded incredible. I couldn't tell what he sang, but it started very low and also went real high, maybe a belted A or Bb. He cracked at t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You