News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SayNoToJugs

Member Name: SayNoToJugs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"Forgotten" musicals that mean the most to you?
 Jan 18 2021, 02:16:31 PM

3 seconds in and I LOVE 70, GIRLS, 70! 

Will Company return when broadway returns?
 Jan 18 2021, 01:57:29 PM

I felt as though both cast albums had their faults, like Raúl's instrumentals sound separate from the vocals and 2018 needs trained vocalists, getting married today was unbearable with all the lip smacking and nasal singing. 

(The red 1970 album is what needs a proper reboot, I love the instrumentals with guitars, organs, and sound effects, but the vocals echo and get drowned out)

SEARCH FOR FALSETTOS (Lost tracks, demos, and instrumentals)
 Nov 29 2020, 03:46:06 PM
Does anyone have contact with William Finn/his colleagues? As Corona keeps us trapped in boredom, I notice Falsettos seems to be a favorite for many here, yet only the reboot is recognized as the rest of the trilogy rots. The soundtrack of every album seems to have gaps within them and Im sure that these may be sitting in a hard drive somewhere.

LOOKING FOR (In order from most requested):
-Removed and altered tracks from OBCs (In trousers, March of the Falsettos, Falsettoland, Fals

UNDERRATTED SHOWS
 Nov 17 2020, 08:48:24 AM

OlBlueEyes said: "I just hope Tiktok or something breathes life into the non-existent fanbase, possibly bringing it back to broadway.

If all of Jeremy's fan-girls kicked in a nickel, Bonnie and Clyde,could buy they theater it reopened in.

Shot a video at 54 Below (they encourage it) of Jeremy and Betsy Wolfe singing "Suddenly Seymour" and fourteen hours later it had over 4000 views. Video put up at the same time of Betsy solo had

Is there any new talk about the future of BEETLEJUICE?
 Nov 17 2020, 08:39:37 AM

blaxx said: "TheatreFan4 said: ">I have never seen a group of people so disrespectful than those who “stan” Beetlejuice. For the love of God. Saying “eff the music man”? Really? (I saw it on TIKTOK). Please learn some respect and find other things to focus on instead of putting down a show that people ARE actually excited about. If not, keep your mouth shut. It’s not okay, nor is it funny. Get over it.

But for real

Nov 13 2020, 08:13:18 AM

We need a pro-shot on netflix/disney+ 

With all the pro-shot ads, they obviously already have all/most of the footage

(Maybe next october or they could roll it out with a Nightmare Before Christmas special)

Who doesn't love a spooky christmas?

Color-blind and gender-blind casting
 Nov 12 2020, 03:41:11 PM

Honestly, broadway also needs more vocal range. Tired of the same Sopranos and Baritones on most cast albums. We need a middle man!

Accident at Winter Garden
 Nov 12 2020, 03:28:43 PM

I hate that they reduce them down to just "a stagehand." Hope a proper memorial is held soon.

UNDERRATTED SHOWS
 Nov 12 2020, 03:25:46 PM

Yeah, I can see what you mean, from what I've seen, his shows can't really maintain a rhythm throughout and often the staging is bare-bone/characters don't seem fully fleshed out. He really needs to diversify movement, lighting, and character motivation.

Seems like a lot of shows have to do with escaping where/who you are.

Looking further into this, it also seems like he has a hard on for men singing slow about how much they could improve the world.frown

UNDERRATTED SHOWS
 Nov 12 2020, 03:02:28 PM

Where does the hate root from? Did he do something awful? It feels undeserved.

UNDERRATTED SHOWS
 Nov 12 2020, 02:43:25 PM

Lol, but seriously, Frank needs to stop with the seriousness in his shows. I hope he just sticks to song writing with others/someone rewrites the show to be more light-hearted like Tuck Everlasting/Heathers.

I guess I should've put, "Underrated OSTs" instead"

(Kind of disappointed their hasn't been a "Tuck Everlasting" RuPaul parody)

Nov 12 2020, 02:36:15 PM

I doubt schools would actually do Beetlejuice; Addam's family has a more approachable subject matter with love and such. Beetlejuice was made for a streaming service/a high budget stage with a talented crew.

It will be another illegally blonde at schools. 

Also, hearing covers with the vocal fry makes me cringe, Alex is the only one who truly understands it.

UNDERRATTED SHOWS
 Nov 12 2020, 02:28:01 PM

I NEED TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST, BONNIE AND CLYDE DOESN'T GET ENOUGH LOVE! THE SOUNDTRACK IS PHENOMENAL. THE MELODIES, UGGHHHHHH, AMAZEBALLS!!! 

I just hope Tiktok or something breathes life into the non-existent fanbase, possibly bringing it back to broadway.

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
 Sep 12 2020, 10:06:01 AM

Nothing will ever happen to this sicko, never does. It's always one story to the next. Shameful.

Best William finn musicals/songs?
 Sep 11 2020, 04:35:10 PM

Spelling bee and In Trousers, yes! The rest get so repetitive, like it's the story before the musical 

Still, he needs to drop the demo songs and instrumentals.

re: Forgotten Musicals: 'Romance/Romance'
 Sep 9 2020, 05:12:27 PM

God, I hope they do a movie remake or at least a proper OBC/full show recording. I can't find the recordings on youtube

Selling Playbills
 Sep 9 2020, 05:00:57 PM

Are there duplicates?

Best William finn musicals/songs?
 Sep 9 2020, 04:59:05 PM

Everyone knows him for the Marvin trilogy. (most only know the falsettos revival, though) But the real question is what is his best theatrical work? Honestly, I'm obsessed with the first two songs from elegies.

I just wish he would stop doing so many overly fast/rapidly changing pace songs. THE MAN IS CRAZY FOR EM.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You