News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cudramacat

cudramacat Profile Photo
Member Name: cudramacat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT
 Jun 25 2009, 11:02:22 PM
This show sells their last row of the rear mezzanine seats for 36.50. I sat there on Sunday and loved it! The theatre is small and the set is high so sitting in the last row actually works really well and I still felt close to the action. Plus I wasn't looking up the whole time. It is $10.00 more than rush but I think it's worth it considering you don't have to wait on line for hours and you can plan ahead.
re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
 Apr 7 2009, 08:06:51 PM
I don't know about partial view but I tried to play the lottery on Saturday night. Since it was sold out though they were selling standing room tickets. I bought a balcony standing room ticket for $26.50 (cash only, I think). They also have mezzanine standing room for $36.50. They were selling these prior to lottery. I have to say that even though the balcony seems (and is) far away the view isn't bad, especially since it is such a dance heavy show. I do think it is worth paying the $10.00 extra
re: Tommy Bachelor Joins The Billy Rotation
 Mar 24 2009, 06:41:58 PM
Yes, they will stick with the original three. They waited to add him to the rotation until the final decision about the three boys being nomination eligible was announced to avoid confusion and/or upset.
re: The Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Jan 10 2009, 01:37:06 AM
I thought this was a love thread.

So much debate, so little love.

What happened to the looooove?

re: Gypsy Merchandise Discount Question
 Jan 8 2009, 08:46:52 AM
Last I heard the window card was still 15 but that was probably twoish weeks ago

re: The Best Billy Elliott
 Jan 3 2009, 01:09:26 AM
Tommy is credited in the Playbill as playing Tall Boy but it is indeed Keean. I don't know why the playbill credits it to Tommy though....oh well.
re: The Best Billy Elliott
 Jan 3 2009, 12:47:30 AM
Tommy is an understudy but unlike a lot of understudies in other shows, he doesn't have any actual part in the show. So as far as I know he has never actually performed for an audience in this show. I understand why in a "typical" understudy situation one may never actually get to cover the role they're the understudy for but since Tommy isn't in the show at all, it would make sense to put him on at some point. Besides, there is always that chance that when one of the current Billys leaves they
re: Curtain Call of Billy Elliot... ruins the show?
 Nov 21 2008, 10:15:10 AM
Agreed...seems you can dislike the curtain call and still enjoy the show.
re: anyone get stomped on at the wicked open call?
 Nov 8 2008, 08:16:56 PM
Yup, everyone at that open call could be someone in the show. Anyway, I got there about 20 minutes of 8:00am and was #227. It was my first open call as I've only been in the city 2 months now. I had to work at 12:30pm so I just decided to wait and hope to get seen before work because I didn't know how long it would take but to my pleasant surprise I was lining up to leave at 10:05am....the time I thought auditions were suppose to start (roughly) so that was exciting. I'm not expecting anything r
re: Billy Elliot 10/18 matinee
 Oct 19 2008, 12:53:21 PM
Hey, I was there too but I was in the lobby selling merchandise. Glad everyone loves this show so much. I saw the dress rehearsal right before previews and love it so much!
re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!
 Oct 5 2008, 11:08:48 AM
I work for the merchandise company that sells the BE souvenirs and was working last night. I know the audience was upset and most of the people I encountered seemed to understand that it wasn't the actors' fault and just technical stuff (I mean how could you not understand that) but just weren't patient enough to sit through all those stops (which I sort of understand) but I can't believe they booed. That's just disrespectful because even if the boos aren't meant for the actors it still really a
re: BILLY ELLIOT - First Preview - 10/01/08
 Oct 3 2008, 09:27:15 AM
Thank you!
 Oct 2 2008, 07:58:48 PM
Hey, I just thought of a question somewhat related to this. How do they chose which Billy gets to do which things. So, who is on the cast recording, who does first preview, who does opening night, who's on the poster? I just didn't know if there was like one "main" billy or if they were all equal and split duties. Just wondering. Thanks!
 Oct 2 2008, 07:56:21 PM
I saw the dress rehearsal yesterday afternoon with david Alvarez as Billy and it was just amazing. They stopped twice but I still loved it. I think it will be interesting to see all the Billy's perform and see their differences. They all must be so talented. One of Billy's dance numbers in the middle of the show earned David a standing ovation...it was so cool and according to the director it was his first time on stage....crazy. His bio said he had never even tap danced before this and I never
re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
 Oct 1 2008, 11:09:47 PM
I saw the dress rehearsal this afternoon and was completely amazed. This is by far one of my favorite musicals. It is very refreshing. Love it!
re: Bailey After Blonde?
 Sep 3 2008, 10:48:40 AM
I agree that Bailey is definitely talented. I actually didn't watch the MTV show so when I saw LB the other week I had no expectations for Bailey and I have to say I was very impressed. I definitely think she has the talent to make a career on Broadway and I hope she does.

Plus, she's from a town in SC that is only about 45 minutes from where I am from (I don't live there now, I just moved to NYC) so it's kind of fun to see a local girl go big but that's not why I am routing for her, i

re: Help! Who signed my Little Mermaid Playbill?
 Jan 5 2008, 12:26:32 AM
This is a wonderful thread becasue I am having the same issue with the signatures I got at LTM, too. Anyway, I really was just holding out for Sherie and now I'm not sure which one is hers...lol. She wasn't really taking pictures with people when I was there which was sad for me but there were sooo many people that she would have been there forever if she had.
re: Little mermaid!
 Jul 25 2007, 09:07:10 AM
I'm soooo excited about this show! I am also pretty envious of those of you going to the previews in Denver but I have tickets to see it NYC on Jan 2....praying SRS will be in but even so I can't wait to see it:)

re: BUG
 May 20 2007, 10:40:57 PM
We did this play at my university in November and it is a great show! There is so much that can be done with it. Anyway, I am interested to see the film just because I know the play. I definitely think it is going to be more of a horror film but Ashley Judd and Harry Conick Jr. are in it and even though it might be far more graphic than the play ever would be, hopefully it won't distract from the great story.
re: Legally Blonde understudies
 May 1 2007, 10:49:33 AM
This is random but I saw Annaleigh Ashford when she was the understudy for Glinda in Wicked and she did a great job....I can really picture her in this role so if anybody out there does end up going on a night that Laura is out I think it will still be a great experience!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You