News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?

Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#1Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:19pm

A friend and I are going to attempt to win the West Side Story lotto tomorrow. I remember someone saying that they bought obstructed view seats for $24 after the lotto. Does anyone know if they have still been doing this?

Yankeefan007
#2re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:21pm

They sell partial view seats in whatever section is sold out for half the price of the ticket. The section HAS to be sold out before they sell the partial view seats. You cannot buy them if there are seats still available.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#2re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:27pm

Ticketmaster says they only have single seats available so here's hoping.

cudramacat
#3re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 8:06pm

I don't know about partial view but I tried to play the lottery on Saturday night. Since it was sold out though they were selling standing room tickets. I bought a balcony standing room ticket for $26.50 (cash only, I think). They also have mezzanine standing room for $36.50. They were selling these prior to lottery. I have to say that even though the balcony seems (and is) far away the view isn't bad, especially since it is such a dance heavy show. I do think it is worth paying the $10.00 extra dollars for mezzanine, they were sold out of those when I went though. Hope that helps some.

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#4re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 9:31pm

You may have luck getting a balcony seat for the matinee tomorrow...because it is a Wednesday.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Zeitoujo
#5re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:20pm

Thats awesome that they have SRO for this show.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#6re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:21pm

I can only go to the evening show.

As for SRO, I would totally do that if I can get those! I did Standing Room for All My Sons and it wasn't bad at all.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#7re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:39pm

Well hopefully between Lotto, SRO, and obstructed view something will go through!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:41pm

When I went a week and a half ago, they said standing room will only be sold when all of the partial view seats sold out.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#9re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:45pm

The Palace is huge...how far back does the mezz go? A SRO ticket at $36.50 seems a bit much to me (I can't think of any other show that has SRO tickets that cost that much)! Are they full view standing room, or do you have overhang in the way?

CSonBroadway
#10re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:45pm

Where are the partial view seats?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:47pm

They have partial in the mezz and balcony. Mezz was apparently $46.50. and I paid $24.00 for balcony.

CSonBroadway
#12re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:48pm

Oh wow you can get a mezz ticket for the same price as a normal balcony one! I am seeing it tomorrow from row C of the balcony...I hope the seats aren't really bad. I am a little nervous about it : (

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#13re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:51pm

The balcony at the Palace isn't bad...just very high up. You will definitely be looking way down at the stage.

CSonBroadway
#14re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:58pm

I'm just nervous about the people leaning over situation.

CattleCall Profile Photo
CattleCall
#15re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:31pm

I just saw WWS with mezzanine standing room and I was HORRIFIED that they are even selling those tickets at all let alone for $36.50. First of all, the seats in front of you are so high that you can only see about a quarter of the stage in between all of the people's heads. The ability to see the stage is pretty much non-existent and for a dance show, that's pretty bad. Second of all, these tickets are not sold as being partial view which they DEFINITELY are. It's one thing if you're told at the box office you won't be able to see anything. It's another when you get to your spot and find out that you're screwed. Everyone who had standing room in the mezz tonight was either leaning into the aisles trying to see or piling into the corner of the mezz where there is a PERFECT view of the full stage.

I've done standing room at plenty of theaters and this was absolutely ridiculous. Huge rip-off happening at the Palace theater!!!!! If I didn't have to leave in a hurry after the show, I would've definitely complained to the house manager.

"I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet. The world is a big scary place." - Avenue Q

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#16re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:46pm

^^Wow, sounds like a raw deal, especially for $36.50! (And when you can get balcony full view for only $10 more?) Can anyone report if the balcony SRO is at least full view?

I think it may be a while before I can see this one, unless I try lotto and get lucky.

BwayLeadman
#17re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:50pm

DO NOT GET MEZZ SRO, my friend just got back and said the view was HORRIBLE!

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#18re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 6:36am

Wow, thanks for the head's up on that guys. Guess I will stick with the Balcony SRO if that's what it comes to.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#19re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 10:29am

They were selling the partial view balcony on Sunday.

The one time I tried to get SRO, I was told I wasn't tall enough.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#20re: Are they still selling post-lotto obstructed view seats for WSS?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 10:45am

^^How tall are you? At least they admitted that, I suppose.

Anyone sit in the partial view balcony seats? How are they?

Videos