News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShelleyParker

ShelleyParker Profile Photo
Member Name: ShelleyParker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Musicals Represented in Non-Musical Movies
 Jun 29 2005, 01:03:56 AM
Well, not a movie, but still.

At the end of the second season of Everwood, when Ephram is going to Julliard in NYC and Amy goes with him, Amy mentions wanting to see "Avenue Q." :)

re: Deven May
 Jun 25 2005, 06:30:07 PM
That's what workshops are for. :o) I'm so excited for "Feeling Electric." I really hope they can turn it into something really great. :o)

and Deven. Well, he's just a fantastic performer. I think he definitely needs to do a show on broadway. :o)

re: Which Movie turned Musical are you looking foward to most?
 Jun 25 2005, 06:21:06 PM
Oh yes. Most definitely Lord of the Rings. hehe. Especially if Jay T. Schramek is cast in it. :o)

re: GREAT songs from FLOP musicals?
 Jun 25 2005, 05:48:47 PM
"Unsuspecting Hearts" from Carrie.

:)

re: Which Movie turned Musical are you looking foward to most?
 Jun 25 2005, 05:46:50 PM
Young Frankenstein- I think this is going to be the best of all of them. :o)

Legally Blonde- yes, shoot me, but I'm excited for the music at least. I've heard 4 songs so far from it and they are so great. I love Larry O'Keefe. :o)

re: Poll: side show
 Jun 25 2005, 05:35:02 PM
Well, I can't separate them. I care about them both in different ways. I wanna play Daisy, but Violet's very intense. I think if I had to choose, I'd say I care about Violet more.

This reminds me. I need to plan a trip to visit their grave.

re: The worst song from a musical you've ever heard
 Jun 25 2005, 04:45:06 PM
Have to agree, "Rare Songbirds on Display" makes me cringe. I love Side Show, but I can't listen to that song.

re: need help please
 Jun 25 2005, 04:31:08 PM
Get a vocal coach. Get training. You can get good training anywhere. You've got hit the pavement and look for it.

You don't have to be in Chicago or New York to find a good vocal coach. There's a great summer stock equity theatre in Augusta, MI. The Barn Theatre. They're awesome. If you can make it up there, you might be able to talk with the actors and techies about their training and learn more. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You