News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Georgeanne

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Member Name: Georgeanne
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.livejournal.com/~ebolarock
Blog Address: http://www.xanga.com/hiphipdie

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Miss Saigon: School Edition
 Jan 29 2006, 12:20:13 PM
There are no words.
re: Brooklyn - The Musical
 Jan 17 2006, 08:34:43 PM
No, it's a very specific term.

Don't take it personally.

re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
 Dec 29 2005, 05:38:30 PM
I think it is great that you have the moxie to post your widely outnumbered opinion.

What I do not think is great is how you went about it. There was no need to say anything about her "freakishly small body". There was no need to call her a "squeaky mouse".

It's meanspirited - the whole Broadway community discredits such spirits.

No, what I say or what you say will certainly not affect Miss Chenoweth's career in the slightest. But it does affect the board when so

Dec 29 2005, 05:27:48 PM
I like the way you think, SorryGrateful.
 Dec 29 2005, 05:16:07 PM
Since when did someone "bugging the crap" out of you mean that they aren't talented?

Of course you're going to recieve flack for posting about a respected performer in an undignified way. If you had been more civil, I'm sure the reaction would have been less angry or negative towards you.

People play to their strengths. Whether it is the ingenue, the thirty-something, or the old aunt, people play to what they're good at. Kristen, because of her voice and her stature, ca

Dec 29 2005, 04:59:12 PM
I don't know, children&art, some of those fish have pretty big charm.

I don't idolize her or worship her like so many fangirls have, but I respect her for working with what she has and being proud of it. People bring up her height or her speaking voice when they can't find anything else to make fun of.

It's like disliking someone because they have a big, deep voice and a gigantic height. Shallow and unnecessary.

Many - no, most - o

Dec 29 2005, 04:45:21 PM
Someone's a bit bitter and vindictive, aren't we?

Who says that only belters and those with less legit voices can only be in musicals? What a horrendous generalization.

re: Anyone but me think it weird to have Kelli O'Hara as Babe?
 Dec 28 2005, 07:39:12 PM
On broadway.com, Kelli did say that one of her resolutions was to hone her belting skills to become a "kick-ass Babe!"
re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
 Dec 25 2005, 12:10:43 PM
"What am I doing here? They say my famous tenant held down my husband and I chopped his head off. But it's not true. I am innocent. I don't know why Uncle Sam says I did it. I tried to explain at the police station but they didn't understand."

For reference,

"Mit keresek én itt? Azt mondják, a híres lakóm lefogta a férjem, én meg lecsaptam a fejét. De nem igaz. Én ártatlan vagyok. Nem tudom, miért mondja Uncle Sam, hogy én tettem. Próbáltam a rendõrségen megmagyarázni, de nem

re: Rhyme Time!
 Dec 23 2005, 08:04:01 PM
I love almost all of "Welcome to Kanagawa" from PACIFIC OVERTURES. Actually, just PACIFIC OVERTURES in general.
re: Please Read: My Message to the Members of BWW.com
 Dec 23 2005, 03:35:34 PM
They all come back after a week.
re: Please Read: My Message to the Members of BWW.com
 Dec 23 2005, 03:31:32 PM
Good luck in where ever life takes you!

However, I do feel that if you are willing to post on a message board about a certain topic, you have to be prepared to get flamed. It's a part of life.

The Internet, contrary to popular belief, is not serious business. Quit acting like it is. This seems like a plea for attention.

re: Idina Menzel
 Dec 19 2005, 09:28:26 PM
If you don't get it, you don't need to get it.
 Dec 19 2005, 04:43:20 PM
Miss Menzel has probably been working her little butt off promoting RENT and working on the new compact disc.
 Dec 19 2005, 04:39:49 PM
Oh, wasn't she that girl who was Elfabuh in that one musical?
 Dec 19 2005, 04:37:11 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.
re: Give Disney's Once Upon a Mattress a Grade
 Dec 19 2005, 11:22:42 AM
C. It wasn't exactly a good movie, but it was enjoyable.
re: 'Once Upon a Mattress' Time
 Dec 19 2005, 09:30:50 AM
gumbo, I think all of us were just chuckling at the line, that's all.
 Dec 18 2005, 07:35:04 PM
It is, most surely!
 Dec 18 2005, 07:33:08 PM
Haha, "The Wizard and I"!

I caught that as well.

It's enjoyable. Sometimes things need not be works of art to be enjoyable. This is supremely so, so far.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You