CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#0CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
Posted: 12/25/05 at 12:00pm

I was watching my Chicago DVD this morning and during the Cell Block Tango the Hungarain women does her little ballet thing. Does anyone have any idea what she's saying?
In English?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??
Updated On: 12/25/05 at 12:00 PM

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#1re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
Posted: 12/25/05 at 12:10pm

"What am I doing here? They say my famous tenant held down my husband and I chopped his head off. But it's not true. I am innocent. I don't know why Uncle Sam says I did it. I tried to explain at the police station but they didn't understand."

For reference,

"Mit keresek én itt? Azt mondják, a híres lakóm lefogta a férjem, én meg lecsaptam a fejét. De nem igaz. Én ártatlan vagyok. Nem tudom, miért mondja Uncle Sam, hogy én tettem. Próbáltam a rendõrségen megmagyarázni, de nem értették meg."

I believe this is from the IMDb's Movie Trivia.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#2re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
Posted: 12/25/05 at 12:20pm

the movie has a few questionable part when it comes to her... in the cell block tango she is speaking Hungarian... but then in an earlier scene when she's pleading with Billy she is clearly speaking in Russian.

bwayondabrain
#3re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
Posted: 12/25/05 at 2:06pm

ooooooooohh re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango interesting....

but yeah, i love this song sooo much, listened to it this morning! :) cant wait to get the new dvd- how much is it? i just got 20 dollars for christmas!!!

MarkysSparky Profile Photo
MarkysSparky
#4re: CHICAGO: Cell Block Tango
Posted: 12/25/05 at 2:09pm

I was watching Chicago on A&E or Bravo... and they had a translation for it as one of their extra thingies...

I think the translation that was given by Georgeanne is pretty much correct! ^^

"And I said, Not in MY backyard, utensils! Go back to {China}!"... bidi BAH...

Videos